First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

who cares loose and fluffy or dense and hard. Long as it gets the job done...... Nice coloration and looks for sure....

Thanks man! I just generally associate it with poorly grown weed I guess, but I’ve definitely had some great stuff that was very loose as well!

But I do think the coloration is awesome! Thanks for the kind words :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man! I just generally associate it with poorly grown weed I guess, but I’ve definitely had some great stuff that was very loose as well!

But I do think the coloration is awesome! Thanks for the kind words :)
NP amigo....... I've watched the switcheroo from sativas to indicas with all their rock hard budz in all their glory since the 80's. Only reason the market went in that direction was to cut down flower times so growers could turn and burn (no pun intended) more crops. There are still some of us old timers that remember the glory dayz of the sativas....... Truth be known I would smoke saties only if they didn't race my ticker as much. That's why I like a hybrid to chill down that effect........

F

FutureGrower

NP amigo....... I've watched the switcheroo from sativas to indicas with all their rock hard budz in all their glory since the 80's. Only reason the market went in that direction was to cut down flower times so growers could turn and burn (no pun intended) more crops. There are still some of us old timers that remember the glory dayz of the sativas....... Truth be known I would smoke saties only if they didn't race my ticker as much. That's why I like a hybrid to chill down that effect........

I love my lighter sativas during the day but primarily for energy, but I way prefer indicas I just prefer body highs. But the stronger euphoria the better too. Skittlez cherry pie any kush or og or some diesels are my goto' s atleast for now it seems to change every few months lol

F

FutureGrower

So small update, KISS is slacking a little bit with my order but I’ve amended my soil and have been watering it in with the light on. I also added adjustable hangers mostly just to make my light level, I ran the entire last cycle with it leaning just because I was too lazy to level it lol

I also swapped that thin clear plastic under the pot to a fairy thick tarp.

Looking to the future... I’m heavily considering a 200 gallon bed with 2-3 more lights.... but this is atleast a few cycles away! I wanna know what I’m doing enough to fix any issues I’m going to have. I don’t even have a veg room or tent yet so I’m way ahead of myself but I’m just looking to the future lol.

Oh after swirling my amendments in I threw a 2 lb bag of some ewc (earth worm castings) on top. I don’t even know if I amended the soil correctly if I’m honest, I followed the mofo amendment schedule but I put all the basalt and bio char with it which I’m not sure if I should’ve done lol. Hoping all goes well though

Ecompost

Ecompost

to add some of the most devastating erb I ever toked was loose fluffy sativa. Not sure why everyone nowadays is so hooked on nugz so tight it breaks the teeth of our grinders....... :cool: its all about the medicine not so much the looks or texture. But that's just me sayn. Each to their own....... :D
may be they should smoke hash...that hard right in some cases

Ecompost

Ecompost

for you buddy if you dont know Adams work, i would trawl his previous offerings also

F

FutureGrower

Small update I germinated the seed a few days ago and stuck it in the soil last night. Been running 12 hour cycles for a week roughly to get heat throughout the soil and start growing my clovers.

I also got 2 aloe Vera plants I stuck in a compost and cspm mixture that has been looking good. It's not in a mushroom media like I believe it should be if I'm not mistaken but after it outgrows it's 3 gallon pots I'll probably swap it to mushroom based.

That's kinda all I can add, I'll probably do a compost tea in a few days to get all the life jump started too.

Monster762

Monster762

Small update I germinated the seed a few days ago and stuck it in the soil last night. Been running 12 hour cycles for a week roughly to get heat throughout the soil and start growing my clovers.

I also got 2 aloe Vera plants I stuck in a compost and cspm mixture that has been looking good. It's not in a mushroom media like I believe it should be if I'm not mistaken but after it outgrows it's 3 gallon pots I'll probably swap it to mushroom based.

That's kinda all I can add, I'll probably do a compost tea in a few days to get all the life jump started too.
Did you say 12/12 on seedling? If so I’m not sure how that works out.

F

FutureGrower

Did you say 12/12 on seedling? If so I’m not sure how that works out.
Sorry 16 hours on 8 hours off for the full cycle since I'm doing a auto flower. I meant I had ran 12 hours on for a week prior to seeding anything

F

FutureGrower

In Estonia we use combinations of black and clear plastic. Black to terminate and warm, clear to germinate and warm - like stale seed bed practice :)

Very cool! I take it you remove the plastic afterwords?

F

FutureGrower

So here's a picture from my last grow that should make you guys cringe a little... but I guess i should share just for the honest factor lol

20180410 175858
F

FutureGrower

I decided to make coconut oil infused cannabis out of some of my trim. I took a cup of organic unrefined coconut oil and stuck it in a sauce pan and regulated the temperature to 225 and threw in maybe a half ounce of finely grounded trim. After about 2 or 3 hours I stopped seeing bubbles and strained the flower. I didn't have cheese cloth or anything finer strainers so I have a tiny bit of plant material but not bad

I took a full tablespoon the first time and not very potent but it works great to rub onto sore muscles!

20180416 160858
F

FutureGrower

So my second cycle is a little over a week in, everything seems to be growing great and my cover crop is doing good as well. I need to get some more cover on the soil so the worms can do their thing too.

When I put the seed in the soil I spazzed put and forgot the mykos. I decided to throw mykos all over the top soil in the area I placed the seed. I also did a compost with mykos (I have no clue if this works I just did my best for damage control lol)

One other thing I decided to change was to water with aloe every other day except for days I add agsil.

The biggest difference between this cycle and my first is my confidence is way higher. I probably won't be growing top notch stuff this time around but I can see that if I continue with this then I'll absolutely get it down!

20180501 063659
Top Bottom