First go at organic, and colloidal silver feminization

  • Thread starter OrganicMartian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Humidity is getting high in the tent so I gave it a heavy defoliation. The net makes it way more time consuming than it needs to be.
Top dressed, too soon?. 3.5 tbs power bloom and 1.5 tbs all purpose per 5 gallon container.
I added a couple hand fulls of FFOF, top dress gaia and scratch it in to the new soil. Water. Defoliate.

I'll probably top dress again at week 6 with half strength.
20210311_125838.jpg
20210311_140852.jpg
20210311_145417.jpg
20210311_123705.jpg
 
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 25 of flower.
%40 RH
They have filled in quick.
It definitely took a couple days to recover from defoliation but they are growing again, full speed!
The springtails have disappeared but I already bought predatory mites from koppert. They are still good for preventing Fungus gnats. Apparently they'll go vegetarian if they don't have any prey.
20210318_135651.jpg
20210318_135740.jpg
 
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

These predator mites are slightly terrifying.
Stratiolaelaps Scimitus.
Predator mites that will combat fungus gnat infestations. They'll feed on multiple different types of larvae and insects in your soil. Beneficial to create a balanced ecosystem. They are expensive but you don't need a lot. I split the cost with 3 friends and only costed 16.50. Bought 10 000, good for 100 m² coverage. I could have split with more people.
VideoCapture_20210323-211157.jpg
 
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 36 of flower, took these pictures yesterday.

Still looking healthy, and growing fast.

I read blueberry doesnt produce baseball size nugs, I should expect small bud sites, compared to some strains. This is my first blueberry plant so I only know what I've read.
20210330_112938.jpg
20210330_112835.jpg

I haven't needed to install the carbon filter yet. When do your plants produce dank smells?
 
mikeross

mikeross

Koppert is local to me. I'm thinking of incorporating their products in my new setup.

Would love an update in a few weeks to hear if those beneficial bugs worked well for you.
 
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I had a very bad FG infestation for few cycles (tryed different BTI drenches and granules but they were always come back ) and those predatory mites ended the problem for good in few days..
they started reproduce like crazy in my soil...
Used em also in rockwools with success, the only thing is that the cubes started to get covered with funky molds (no plants issue at all doh)...
 
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 42 of flower. They smell great now. Very fruity, almost like fruitloops. The dank is starting to show aswell.
I top dressed half strength Power Bloom by gaia green. That is half a tbs per gallon of medium, 2.5 tbs per 5 gallon fabric pot. Just spread it evenly over the surface and slowly water it in. I water a little before and after I top dress. I used only Power Bloom 2-8-4 because it still has a small amount of nitrogen, which seems like enough for the final 2-3 weeks. No need to overdose the soil with nitrogen during the end of flower. If I had worm castings I would topdress some, mostly for the microbes, not the nitrogen.
20210405_123234.jpg
20210405_123241.jpg
20210405_123335.jpg
 
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 49 of flower.
They are still very thirsty. I should be watering twice a day, but I don't. This morning the far left plant was flopping over from dehydration, perked up after a watering in time for a photo.

The tops are ready for harvest but the lower nugs could use another week. I don't want to harvest in sections. I like to chop at the base and hang them all upside down in the tent so the apartment doesn't smell. What do you guys do? Should I just wait and get more amber Uptop or just harvest and sacrifice some cloud down below?

Tops vs bottoms, trichomes
2021_04_12_13_18_11_657.jpg
2021_04_12_13_16_48_327.jpg
2021_04_12_13_18_31_874.jpg
2021_04_12_13_17_44_444.jpg
20210412_131409.jpg
20210412_131303.jpg
 
OrganicMartian

OrganicMartian

Day 62 of flower
I'm happy with how this organic dry amendments and water only run went. Not my smelliest batch but that could be the genetics. Next run I might try some seed sprout teas and molasses during flower.
The end of my lease is in 5 days and we're moving so I'm going to chop these girls down before "sunrise" tomorrow. That will make it 9 weeks of flower. It'll give me 5 days to dry in the tent and then I can trim the nugs into a paper bag to transport to the new house. Once I start curing I'll post the yield on here.

These pictures are from day 60 of flower. They look like they want almost a week longer. I don't imagine much has changed with the trichomes. I have to chop regardless
2021_04_23_22_58_42_351.jpg
2021_04_23_22_58_19_534.jpg
2021_04_23_22_57_23_603.jpg
20210423_225148.jpg
20210423_225054.jpg
20210423_224833.jpg
20210423_224824.jpg
 
Top Bottom