First grow—good morning!

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I wash. Every time. I wash because there is way more shit on it than just mold.
That being said, you gonna catch every spot of PM on a plant you’re harvesting 2lbs off of? No way.
Wash and you’re safer off.

Now if I have a plant that’s ridden with PM I’ll just chuck it. But a little bit? I’m washing it with h202
Do you at least put it in a salad spinner or something? I would think dense bud would trap so much extra moisture after the washing ?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Do you at least put it in a salad spinner or something? I would think dense bud would trap so much extra moisture after the washing ?

You’d think right? But no. Hang up and put a fan by them they will lose the extra moisture within an hour. Then go on to hanging them like normal.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Idk I'm a three second rule guy so...I guess the thought that's there's creepy crawly things hidden in there doesn't weigh on my mind too much. Also I should remember we are talking about an outdoor plant. Do you wash indoor plants too?

beluga

beluga

This is why I opted to wait for you fellers to chime in before suggesting to follow my advice.
Peroxide washes have yet to be in my lexicon... however, in my experience (again, only based in mushroom farming) peroxide doesn't kill much other than powdery mildew. Damage, sure. But a lot of shit will remain.

amekins

amekins

This is why I opted to wait for you fellers to chime in before suggesting to follow my advice.
Peroxide washes have yet to be in my lexicon... however, in my experience (again, only based in mushroom farming) peroxide doesn't kill much other than powdery mildew. Damage, sure. But a lot of shit will remain.
I bud wash with lemon juice and baking soda.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Scrub a dub.

IMG 20201015 1549287652

beluga

beluga

Much more up my alley than h2o2.

I know peroxide breaks down when introduced to water, but something about dousing smoke/edibles in it still skeeves me out.

Honestly, I'd think just the physical act of rinsing with plain water would probably do enough good to get much of the baddies (excluding contamination, of course) out... for that reason, maybe just a rinse with distilled (if you wanna get really picky) and then fan off like hortulanus said.
Just speculation.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I'm not familiar with "bud washing". Is this something you do, to eliminate fungus/rot? Measurements please?

First bucket had 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup baking soda... Last three plain water.
If any PM, first bucket has hydrogen peroxide, then lemon/soda, then water, water... Can't remember the peroxide ratio off of the top of my head. I only had to do that once.

Just for clean weed... Not for fungus/rot.

Madbud

Madbud

I use a cup of 3% peroxide in 3-4 gallons water, then a water rinse. Just a quick soak and triple dunk. Haven’t had any aspergillis or botrytis since. No problems drying, the water drips off even without a fan.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Very interesting. I've never washed my flowers before but I'm open minded... I usulally just tell those I gift some to, "Remember...dont be surprised if you find a cat hair...be surprised if you dont find a cat hair!"

IMG 20201102 063313
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If inwas outdoor i would probably give it a go. Indoors i don't even consider it.

While we are on the topic of bugs and mold. Bugs are attracted to sick plants so removing dead leaves and keeping the room clean of and decaying matter is important.

When it comes to indoor the most important thing is that things like PM and fungus is they dont happen overnight. They happen in favorable conditions for several days in a row.

The worst environment you can have to encourage a fast breakout is high humidity at night and low humidity during lights on. Creates the perfect as high humidity or a thin layer of water can encourage germination then low humidity during the day will encourage spore formation and transfer. Some supplements like silica and I belive co2 (don't quote me on that) cause thicker leaf tissues and makes it harder for both pests and fungal/bacterial infection to take hold.

Higher humidity during the day is not an issue so long as airflow is good. At night keeping the humidity 10-15% lower is optimal but the same is not a bad thing. Its when it spikes at lights out as the temps drop that it becomes and issue since humidity is relative as the twnos drop the humidity spikes ALOT.

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Idk I'm a three second rule guy so...I guess the thought that's there's creepy crawly things hidden in there doesn't weigh on my mind too much. Also I should remember we are talking about an outdoor plant. Do you wash indoor plants too?
I have always grown Cannabis indoors and I've never " washed" a plant. This is the first time I've even heard of such a thing!
I could understand checking them, especially if there has been bug problems in the room or growing outside but I'd be very reluctant to get the plants wet. The damp, caused by none stop rain is the main reason very few people grow outdoors here in Ireland. It has been done, I have seen 14 1/2 OZ from a plant vegged outside and then transplanted and brought inside to finish. I have also seen jars of cannabis be destroyed by mold because it hadn't been dried before storing. Heart breaking.
But to the question of " washing" plants, not in this weather!
I would get it dry before making any hasty decision.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Bud washing not for everyone.
If your confidant your buds are clean, why would you bother.
I, however, know my shit is dirty... Can't tell you how often I take a pic of a beautiful flower only to then notice a hair or piece of lint stuck to it.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
🤔 I'm so conflicted on this topic guys...but @amekins grow diary is getting hijacked here while she is clearly pro washing.
Should we start another thread? Is there a fun old one we can bump? I can only speak for myself but I'd hate to be getting notifications all day for things unrelated to my post. 🤷‍♂️

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

🤔 I'm so conflicted on this topic guys...but @amekins grow diary is getting hijacked here while she is clearly pro washing.
Should we start another thread? Is there a fun old one we can bump? I can only speak for myself but I'd hate to be getting notifications all day for things unrelated to my post. 🤷‍♂️

Try it with one cola next time. Let the results speak for themselves.

Sorry for the high Jack Amy but your thread is just too damn cozy 🤣🤣

Top Bottom