First grow—good morning!

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
🤔 I'm so conflicted on this topic guys...but @amekins grow diary is getting hijacked here while she is clearly pro washing.
Should we start another thread? Is there a fun old one we can bump? I can only speak for myself but I'd hate to be getting notifications all day for things unrelated to my post. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry... Did not want to hijack.

But...

IMG 20201012 0850290472

IMG 20201012 0850371722

🧐

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Always nice to see some beautiful pictures of cannabis!

But @amekins beautiful bubba kush she lost a bunch of is up for POTM this month. I couldn't think of a nicer person to win all those beans.

I'm just gonna leave that there for those of you watching this thread 😉

amekins

amekins

If inwas outdoor i would probably give it a go. Indoors i don't even consider it.

While we are on the topic of bugs and mold. Bugs are attracted to sick plants so removing dead leaves and keeping the room clean of and decaying matter is important.

When it comes to indoor the most important thing is that things like PM and fungus is they dont happen overnight. They happen in favorable conditions for several days in a row.

The worst environment you can have to encourage a fast breakout is high humidity at night and low humidity during lights on. Creates the perfect as high humidity or a thin layer of water can encourage germination then low humidity during the day will encourage spore formation and transfer. Some supplements like silica and I belive co2 (don't quote me on that) cause thicker leaf tissues and makes it harder for both pests and fungal/bacterial infection to take hold.

Higher humidity during the day is not an issue so long as airflow is good. At night keeping the humidity 10-15% lower is optimal but the same is not a bad thing. Its when it spikes at lights out as the temps drop that it becomes and issue since humidity is relative as the twnos drop the humidity spikes ALOT.
Silica question. I bought this specifically for the potassium silicate but it says to feed during flower. What about veg?

AF46A405 C42E 45FF 9A86 F5E743D29EB0
D2E95296 76D4 4021 B994 6545C600F472
11D3CDDA ECE2 4963 A6DD 23BD2FA53B47

amekins

amekins

Bud washing not for everyone.
If your confidant your buds are clean, why would you bother.
I, however, know my shit is dirty... Can't tell you how often I take a pic of a beautiful flower only to then notice a hair or piece of lint stuck to it.
This. Ten-fucking-times over. We have all variety of dust and debris and critters.

amekins

amekins

🤔 I'm so conflicted on this topic guys...but @amekins grow diary is getting hijacked here while she is clearly pro washing.
Should we start another thread? Is there a fun old one we can bump? I can only speak for myself but I'd hate to be getting notifications all day for things unrelated to my post. 🤷‍♂️
I think this is related. It’s something I’ve done. I’m pretty good with most discussions and side trails as long as everyone is respectful and doesn’t completely take over.

amekins

amekins

Always nice to see some beautiful pictures of cannabis!

But @amekins beautiful bubba kush she lost a bunch of is up for POTM this month. I couldn't think of a nicer person to win all those beans.

I'm just gonna leave that there for those of you watching this thread 😉
I can pay you in seeds for the positive press. :-)

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

beluga

beluga

Silica question. I bought this specifically for the potassium silicate but it says to feed during flower. What about veg?

View attachment 1052315View attachment 1052317View attachment 1052318

I've always done silica exclusively in veg... especially early. But I've never used that silica.. only Botanicare's.
Always saw it as an element of the foundation to help hold the house together.
I don't see why you'd want to get the plant concentrating its efforts on stem structure while it's working on bud formation... but I don't actually have all that knowledge... could be beneficial throughout, for all I know.

edit: Looking at Silica Blast specs - 0 - 0 - 0.5. so... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

The NPK is no good for veg. Look for higher N ( nitrogen) than p & k (potassium and phosphorus).
So 10. 0.0 for veg and something like 4.8.10 for flower. May not be these numbers, this is just an example. All these different brands of foods will show different NPK.
This is just as a supplement; not for general feeding. I have stage appropriate (proper NPK ratios) nutrients for regular feed.

amekins

amekins

I've always done silica exclusively in veg... especially early. But I've never used that silica.. only Botanicare's.
Always saw it as an element of the foundation to help hold the house together.
I don't see why you'd want to get the plant concentrating its efforts on stem structure while it's working on bud formation... but I don't actually have all that knowledge... could be beneficial throughout, for all I know.

edit: Looking at Silica Blast specs - 0 - 0 - 0.5. so... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah it seemed strange. Next time at the hydro store I’ll look and see if they carry Botanicare.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Silicone dioxide is immediately available to the plants is my understanding. I really haven't looked much into the silica and forms other than to control the PH. It jurist seems to do its job so I never had the need. I probably should though

Top Bottom