First grow—good morning!

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

These two plants, man. Everything around them is winding down but the habaneros and cannabis? They’re not finished. They may come inside tonight but definitely tomorrow night. The excavated area from yesterday looks unchanged, and that’s good. Cannabis flowers are indeed some odd looking flowers. View attachment 1049158View attachment 1049159View attachment 1049160View attachment 1049161View attachment 1049162View attachment 1049163View attachment 1049164
Some of my favorite flowers just happen to be cannabis 👍
Yours look great!

amekins

amekins

And the weather today means the plants are definitely inside today. My son said last night “that plant smells awful.” I reminded him that not everyone finds the smell offensive. I love and adore my son...but I hate dealing with his cannabis aversion.
3E079AD3 1A51 4BA4 A74C 3510C6E532D5
C06F8C35 D5F4 4F15 A483 3B86FAE07E1A

amekins

amekins

I decided to put the bubba kush in the closet for 48 hours. No spread of that bud rot, she’s not bone dry but not dripping. I found this little booger seed in my previously harvested plant as I was rolling a joint this morning. This is the first seed I’ve come across so I guess I’ll be glad I harvested her when I did before she went completely bonkers with seeding. The very last of my tomatoes finally ripened on the counter and they are being cooked down at present. It’s cold. It’s snowy. It’s raw. There may be more baking today.
F4E019F1 11AC 4788 B398 289D26C43B4B

DD8DC0BA 7EDE 4753 8772 FF9CC5B2BDD9
104CB6E5 112B 4FFD BBFD ADF624602B4E
884FEBB4 5464 4C23 AAF6 D69B02658D07
80AA2163 041E 48A5 B689 975925C71CB9
B7FE0519 0593 4AFB A2EC 8B61B93A78B4

FD172B40 6D8B 4FF4 A8E4 44B9F24B403D
amekins

amekins

Bubba kush harvested, bud washed and drying. She is stinky and sticky.
8D3D9976 43B5 4F58 AD46 E4057B9E6D14

Large fan leaves removed.
15E91122 D288 429F 8CB7 F2018F2A1C2D

Super pretty flower if she hadn’t had that spot of rot. Never found a worm or anything else but something had to have been there. Reminded me of a topiary.
06D23942 6F09 42CF 94A2 6A144E18275B
E60E68CE F417 453F 8AEC 16A337B14385
176CBA19 0A4D 4132 AD99 107DB134B53E

ArrEll

ArrEll

I am not an outdoor grower but there are many great ones here and hopefully somebody will have that answer for you!

I'm originally from Boston, I'm a Brighton Boy LOL I've lived all over Boston proper, up on the North Shore now. It's really nice living in a legal State because I did this before it was legal and I can tell you now is a lot better LOL good luck!
😎

Amen to that! I also live in a Legal state, but keeping my Grows extremely small...don't want to advertise. My last Grow was 50 years ago and needless to say Highly Illegal lol. "Things" have changed so much since then. I was pretty much unaware of the different strains of cannabis......until recently, I thought there were only two: Sativa and Indica. We were such Primitives in the old days....we used to chop whole 6-foot plants down, chop them up and discard only the thickest stems. The risk of discovery by Police necessitated that we move quickly. No time, for Niceties. Only once did I harvest Flowers, from a teeny-tiny Indica strain.
They only grew in a straight line - up, with hardly any side branches. Fantastic stuff really. Combination LSD/Couch-Lock, just incredible. Must have been an early cross with Ruderalis, like winter wheat stalks about 2 feet tall.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Amen to that! I also live in a Legal state, but keeping my Grows extremely small...don't want to advertise. My last Grow was 50 years ago and needless to say Highly Illegal lol. "Things" have changed so much since then. I was pretty much unaware of the different strains of cannabis......until recently, I thought there were only two: Sativa and Indica. We were such Primitives in the old days....we used to chop whole 6-foot plants down, chop them up and discard only the thickest stems. The risk of discovery by Police necessitated that we move quickly. No time, for Niceties. Only once did I harvest Flowers, from a teeny-tiny Indica strain.
They only grew in a straight line - up, with hardly any side branches. Fantastic stuff really. Combination LSD/Couch-Lock, just incredible. Must have been an early cross with Ruderalis, like winter wheat stalks about 2 feet tall.
Yeah those were the days! Good luck with your grow

amekins

amekins

Doing battle with drying too fast. That main cola with that one spot of bud rot? Began to mold so everything from an inch below visible mold and up got tossed. Is that a reasonable approach? I’m thinking not because of mold spores. Does it all need to be pitched or just what came in contact with it with a safe margin
beyond?

beluga

beluga

Well, it's the mycelium what'll get you.
I can't say for sure how far it spreads/how much you want to remove, but I've done a lot of accidental culturing work with other molds and will say with confidence that it spreads at an alarming rate and is usually nearly-transparent until it sporulates.

With guerilla grows (tooooonnnns of botrytis), I'd usually play it safe and pitch everything until there was a distinct break in the bud structures. Some say concentrates are safe to make with possibly-compromised bud, but I don't really know how much I believe that.

Definitely let someone else chime in before you toss anything.

amekins

amekins

I can't say for sure how far it spreads/how much you want to remove, but I've done a lot of accidental culturing work with other molds and will say with confidence that it spreads at an alarming rate and is usually nearly-transparent until it sporulates.

With guerilla grows (tooooonnnns of botrytis), I'd usually play it safe and pitch everything until there was a distinct break in the bud structures. Some say concentrates are safe to make with possibly-compromised bud, but I don't really know how much I believe that.

I tossed what was visibly affected as well as the full bud structures below it until the break in buds.

amekins

amekins

PS—I am a former registered respiratory therapist and so I’m aware of how quickly it spreads and how insidiously and how much it hurts our lungs.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

It’s my understanding that it’s the mycotoxins that will get you, and that’s if the specific strain even produces mycotoxins.

beluga

beluga

It’s my understanding that it’s the mycotoxins that will get you, and that’s if the specific strain even produces mycotoxins.

I should have elaborated in that the mycelium is what will compromise a large area unbeknownst to the observer. Spores can be dealt with.
Depending on the species of mold, all of its structures from spore back to spore can contain harmful mycotoxins. I'm really not so in the know with botrytis.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This is why when I hear about folks bud washing it freaks me out. Not saying that's the reason but...idk 😦 sorry you lost some flower Amy that really sucks. 😔

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

This is why when I hear about folks bud washing it freaks me out. Not saying that's the reason but...idk 😦 sorry you lost some flower Amy that really sucks. 😔

I wash. Every time. I wash because there is way more shit on it than just mold.
That being said, you gonna catch every spot of PM on a plant you’re harvesting 2lbs off of? No way.
Wash and you’re safer off.

Now if I have a plant that’s ridden with PM I’ll just chuck it. But a little bit? I’m washing it with h202

Latest posts

Top Bottom