First grow!!! Any advice appreciated

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I don't know much but my "help back from the dead" has some good advice from the community. I'm seeing nute burn but other issues as well. What I was told and tried with a starving plant was start at 200ppm. 100ppm calmag and 100ppm nutes. That leaf looks like your plant. That was nute burn from accidentally getting nute solution in my hydroton. You can still save your plant. What is your nutes and do you have calmag? Also it looks like you're getting light leaks into your bucket. I'll try and help you as much as I can.

IMG 20220116 162158727
Last edited:
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Ok looking at your last pic, it looks like not enough hydroton in the back basket. Second thing I noticed is those air line. You want blue air lines not white or black. This is because white or black grows bacteria. Then get those nutes down to 200ppm for now. My next suggestion is look at root rot articles to save those plants if possible. Again, they are salvageable. Let me know about calmag and nute type you have. What is the pH? You want for now 5.5 - 5.8.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Oh and cut you air down some. You want (calm) tranquil surface water with bubbles popping. Replace those white tubes with blue. Fill those cups all the way with hydroton if they're not. What they don't tell you in dwc is you have dwc/bubbleponics. Lots of guys go with bubbleponics. I went with dwc, which just means I keep the water level at the very bottom of my net pot. Bubbleponics they drop water an inch or two. There's top feeding till you get a good amount of roots in the water. It all depends on how you want to run.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

So im setting up my first grow in the uk btw 🇬🇧

Iv done a fair bit of reserach. And just about to order all i need to get setup. Heres what im starting with.

. Mars hydro 1.2x1.2x2m
With sp3000. 6inch inline duct fan carbon filter combo
. Iws oxypot single x4
. 2 oscilating 6inch fans
. 8 outlet air pump
. GH hydro flora grow nutes
. Hydroguard not available so thinking great white
. Digital thermometer
. Ph tester
. Ph up and down
. Humidifier & demudifier
. Scrog net
Not sure which ph pen or thermometer or ec readers to get. Alot on the market. Something budget and accurate would be ideal. Any suggestions??

Have i missed anything off??? Please let me know.

The plan 🙏🏽
So i wanna put 4 plants in dwc. Single oxypots. 5 gallon buckets. With 2 airstone in each bucket. I was gunna use tap water(still need to test it to check ppm) but i have read that is not always great. Im hoping where i am its not too much of a problem. Use GH nutes because they seem a popular choice. And great white instead of hydroguard to keep roots healthy..iv seen the basics to run a smooth dwc grow.
. Keep water temps down
. Humidity and tent temps
. Ph 5.5-6.5
.change wateer once a week.
. Topping and lollipoping

Probably sick of nubes like me posting by now. But its worth a shot. Any advice or help is appreciated. Just want my first grow to go as smooth as possible. Feel free to take the piss i have thick skin 😁
Hey up pal, I'm also in the UK just got 8 going myself at the moment, guys on this site are really helpful and have helped me a fair bit so far, good luck bro 👍

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

So would you say just a dehumifier then with humidistat?

Dont mind buying them. Just wondering how necessary are they. Also because of having small tent dont wanna cram too much in. Unless i really have to
I'm only on my third grow, but I'm based in the UK and I've never had to bother with either

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Hey up pal, I'm also in the UK just got 8 going myself at the moment, guys on this site are really helpful and have helped me a fair bit so far, good luck bro 👍
Will try again hopefully succeed this time. I might try soil or another method. I agree man.appreciate everybody or anybody who takes time to help me out

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Will try again hopefully succeed this time. I might try soil or another method. I agree man.appreciate everybody or anybody who takes time to help me out
This is my second grow in coco and I love it

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

This is my second grow in coco and I love it
U know anything about organic soil grow. From what iv seen u just pretty much add water. And every now and then add a top dressing/feed.

Would love to know more. Might start a new thread try get all the info I can.

From what iv seen/read.
Use fabric pots organic soil. Fill to a few inches from. The top. Add a light soil to the top to start clones in. As roots grow they get access to the soil lower down getting all the nutrients they need. Water every few days and add top dress feed as needed.

Is it worth it. Sounds interesting. Or better just using coco etc with bottled nutrients

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It's kool man don't worry this is my 3rd time trying now all failed. This has gone down hill thinking of trying soil because iv been doing dwc for like 6-8weeks and all failures
Would you like me to fix this for ya? I dont know all the details, but im sure its an easy fix, usually is with hydro. . .

So ill look through this for a bit today off and on, ill ask ya some questions later on or give ya some advice. Hydro is easy once you understand what causes what issues.

I can tell you right now by looking at it that its way overfed.

Are you live or sterile, seems theres still some rot in them roots too. Those white airlines are transporting light directly into your system, also cover your netpots with anything. .

Top the plants asap too. What are your water temps, what nutrients, what ppms do you start with, what are they 24hrs later, submerge your netpots, do not wick up long term. Are you starting with RO water? Like ill try to stay with ya, most know I can get the job done lol

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

U know anything about organic soil grow. From what iv seen u just pretty much add water. And every now and then add a top dressing/feed.

Would love to know more. Might start a new thread try get all the info I can.

From what iv seen/read.
Use fabric pots organic soil. Fill to a few inches from. The top. Add a light soil to the top to start clones in. As roots grow they get access to the soil lower down getting all the nutrients they need. Water every few days and add top dress feed as needed.

Is it worth it. Sounds interesting. Or better just using coco etc with bottled nutrients
Honestly couldn't tell you pal as I've only used coco and had good results so far so how I see it is don't try fix summat if its not broken, coco's been good to me so far this is what I've got going at the minute just one week into flower, video quality's not the best coz they're under hps now, but you get the general idea pal, if its your 3rd attempt and your still not having any luck, something needs changing bro

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Would you like me to fix this for ya? I dont know all the details, but im sure its an easy fix, usually is with hydro. . .

So ill look through this for a bit today off and on, ill ask ya some questions later on or give ya some advice. Hydro is easy once you understand what causes what issues.

I can tell you right now by looking at it that its way overfed.

Are you live or sterile, seems theres still some rot in them roots too. Those white airlines are transporting light directly into your system, also cover your netpots with anything. .

Top the plants asap too. What are your water temps, what nutrients, what ppms do you start with, what are they 24hrs later, submerge your netpots, do not wick up long term. Are you starting with RO water? Like ill try to stay with ya, most know I can get the job done lol
I gave up on them and going to start again too many problems. Gunna go the organic soil route I think. Try and keep it simple. Get a successful grow under my belt and in future try dwc again. Just so frustrating now.

But I think doing a full run organic will help me learn more about the plants in general. In hydro 1 small mistake can go bad quickly so I'm hoping the soil route I will have slightly more room for error and learn from it.

Because I don't live where the plants actually are it's hard for me to keep a constant eye on them. I go everyday for 1-3 hours a night. But sometimes they change so quickly it's hard to correct. Especially when I'm not 100% what the issue is..

Appreciate you trying to help though. I should be a week or 2 into flower by now. Started like end of November December Times. So I just wanna get something going.

Hopefully this next run I will get some luck and get to actually harvest some nice buds 🙏

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Honestly couldn't tell you pal as I've only used coco and had good results so far so how I see it is don't try fix summat if its not broken, coco's been good to me so far this is what I've got going at the minute just one week into flower, video quality's not the best coz they're under hps now, but you get the general idea pal, if its your 3rd attempt and your still not having any luck, something needs changing bro
Look nice man. I was always put off soil because of what people say about yield being less than hydro and length of time growing. But I see many people having success so I'd day its about the grower and what he knows more than anything.

All new to me so maybe I gotta stop being so ambitious and just learn.

I would love to get 3-4 ounce per plant. Gunna go for 6 this time. Might be slightly crowded but I think it should be ok

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I gave up on them and going to start again too many problems. Gunna go the organic soil route I think. Try and keep it simple. Get a successful grow under my belt and in future try dwc again. Just so frustrating now.

But I think doing a full run organic will help me learn more about the plants in general. In hydro 1 small mistake can go bad quickly so I'm hoping the soil route I will have slightly more room for error and learn from it.

Because I don't live where the plants actually are it's hard for me to keep a constant eye on them. I go everyday for 1-3 hours a night. But sometimes they change so quickly it's hard to correct. Especially when I'm not 100% what the issue is..

Appreciate you trying to help though. I should be a week or 2 into flower by now. Started like end of November December Times. So I just wanna get something going.

Hopefully this next run I will get some luck and get to actually harvest some nice buds 🙏
I think I shared this with you before, but here is our grow with everything we use.
Click HERE -->SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Look nice man. I was always put off soil because of what people say about yield being less than hydro and length of time growing. But I see many people having success so I'd day its about the grower and what he knows more than anything.

All new to me so maybe I gotta stop being so ambitious and just learn.

I would love to get 3-4 ounce per plant. Gunna go for 6 this time. Might be slightly crowded but I think it should be ok
I did 4 plants in canna coco professional nothing added, in a 1.2m tent with 1 660 w hps for most of the grow I ended up putting another one up towards the end but only running at 400 w and I pulled 22Oz of beautiful mimosa weed when all dried, that was only my second grow, I've now got 8 plants in a 2.4 m tent under 3 hps lights running at 660 w I've also done alot more training and topping this time around, so hoping to do even better this time around I'd defo advise giving it a go bro 👍 good luck which ever route you decide to take

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

So im setting up my first grow in the uk btw 🇬🇧

Iv done a fair bit of reserach. And just about to order all i need to get setup. Heres what im starting with.

. Mars hydro 1.2x1.2x2m
With sp3000. 6inch inline duct fan carbon filter combo
. Iws oxypot single x4
. 2 oscilating 6inch fans
. 8 outlet air pump
. GH hydro flora grow nutes
. Hydroguard not available so thinking great white
. Digital thermometer
. Ph tester
. Ph up and down
. Humidifier & demudifier
. Scrog net
Not sure which ph pen or thermometer or ec readers to get. Alot on the market. Something budget and accurate would be ideal. Any suggestions??

Have i missed anything off??? Please let me know.

The plan 🙏🏽
So i wanna put 4 plants in dwc. Single oxypots. 5 gallon buckets. With 2 airstone in each bucket. I was gunna use tap water(still need to test it to check ppm) but i have read that is not always great. Im hoping where i am its not too much of a problem. Use GH nutes because they seem a popular choice. And great white instead of hydroguard to keep roots healthy..iv seen the basics to run a smooth dwc grow.
. Keep water temps down
. Humidity and tent temps
. Ph 5.5-6.5
.change wateer once a week.
. Topping and lollipoping

Probably sick of nubes like me posting by now. But its worth a shot. Any advice or help is appreciated. Just want my first grow to go as smooth as possible. Feel free to take the piss i have thick skin 😁
Like I always say go organic stops all the chemicals useing. But that's my opinion.

GetOffMyLand

GetOffMyLand

get an earthbox. run it that way. bag o soil, mix in some dry amendments, a cal mag supplement and itll grow itself under that sp3000

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I did 4 plants in canna coco professional nothing added, in a 1.2m tent with 1 660 w hps for most of the grow I ended up putting another one up towards the end but only running at 400 w and I pulled 22Oz of beautiful mimosa weed when all dried, that was only my second grow, I've now got 8 plants in a 2.4 m tent under 3 hps lights running at 660 w I've also done alot more training and topping this time around, so hoping to do even better this time around I'd defo advise giving it a go bro 👍 good luck which ever route you decide to take
22oz off 4 plants is not bad at all I would love to pull that off. When u say nothing added, u mean u literally just watered all the way through?

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

get an earthbox. run it that way. bag o soil, mix in some dry amendments, a cal mag supplement and itll grow itself under that sp3000
Not sure what an eartbox is. Will have to look it up. Iv seen a few using bag o soil on YouTube vids. Looks good not sure if it's available where I am. Would have to check. Iv seen some products made by ecothrive look pretty good. They do a soil which they say has everything in that u need. Also ecothrive "charge '" biosys" "life cycle". Not sure if I would need them all but they sound like what u would need to add feed to soil. Need to look into it more but I had a quick read last night and they look decent

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

22oz off 4 plants is not bad at all I would love to pull that off. When u say nothing added, u mean u literally just watered all the way through?
Oh no I used canna nutrients, I just meant I didn't add any perlite or anything to the coco

Latest posts

Top Bottom