First grow!!! Any advice appreciated

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GetOffMyLand

GetOffMyLand

Not sure what an eartbox is. Will have to look it up. Iv seen a few using bag o soil on YouTube vids. Looks good not sure if it's available where I am. Would have to check. Iv seen some products made by ecothrive look pretty good. They do a soil which they say has everything in that u need. Also ecothrive "charge '" biosys" "life cycle". Not sure if I would need them all but they sound like what u would need to add feed to soil. Need to look into it more but I had a quick read last night and they look decent
i meant like a bag of soil.....i use roots organics and add some dry amendments. an earthbox is subirrigated planter box. water and soil. feeds a drinks when it wants. grows itself. easy organics

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

I don't like the tab timers. They seem to mess up often. We use a basic digital one.

You may not need a humidifier because the plants themselves humidify the air when they breathe out.
Yes, plants breathe. They breathe out water thru the pores in the leaves.
first timer i got was a digital, it lasted all of 3 months and it layed down ,the old tab timer has been swinging for over a year , i don't run a dehugy or a humidifier. I run a humidifier to start, clones and for seedlings in the veg cab only, and for only 3or4 days tops, works real good for my area.

Last edited:
OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Just wish i was at your end of the pond. Not much great to brag about where im living lol. I might just go get both. Keep the small dehumidifier inside the tent. And always got the humidifier there if rh gets really low. Or might try the old cup/jug of water in the tent trick
wet towel in front of fan should help .

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Not been a great start.

First 4 clones died.
I think because I didn't top feed enough roots didn't develop and just didn't grow

So I bought 4 more. Because the idea of top feeding didn't work I raised the water level so it sat in the net pot constantly giving water supply to the roots.

They went bad after a few days but I stuck it out. Eventually 2 of them developed decent enough roots despite yellowing and drooping and virtually no growth at all. So I lowered the water level below the net pot and within a week or 2 they recovered.

I'm 99% certain the water level was my problem. I had my clones started in soil. I have looked into it and roots develop different in soil. So I think it made the plant think it was being overfed or. Drowning because the roots hadn't developed enough but were constantly soaked in water. As soon as roots burst through the bottom and I lowered the water level there was a massive difference. Regained colour and growth.

So in future I will stick with top feeding until roots are developed enough and reaching out the bottom of the net pot and access the water on there own rather than drown them

Now I have slight issues with root rot I think. Slight browning of roots in colour and I noticed a couple of droopy leaves. Not too bad but I think it's still quite early. So that's the next step to hoepfull overcome.

I will get it right eventually lol
I cot holes in the top of a bucket lid for foam inserts put my air pump with air stone on a timer it only runs for 15 min..every 2and1/2 hrs.watch that water level is not too high, the busting air bubbles are like a small sprinkler system water level is a key part of this setup for me. mist the top of your cuts , don't drownd 'em,some air flow is needed across the top of the cuts.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Will try again hopefully succeed this time. I might try soil or another method. I agree man.appreciate everybody or anybody who takes time to help me out
soil is a big learning curve .

Top Bottom