First Grow: Apache Tech At200 W/ Light Rail = 4x4 Full Coverage?

• Thread starter TheHopper92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will an AT200 provide 4x4 coverage if on a light rail?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Fuck LED's they suck in general

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I love lamp

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MW7945

MW7945

120 lm/w @ 73.5 CRI is really low for a "good" led. You'd be better off buying a CMH light if that's the case.

I really cannot find a reason why these things are priced anything over even $400?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Why are you focusing on lm/w? Lumens are just for human eye

T

TheHopper92

14 degree lens angle... no thanks.

don't list type/brand of diodes used... no thanks.

$1000 for 226w... no thanks.

generic LED drivers... no thanks.

I don't doubt the light can do well, within reason, but it's going to be lackluster in a 4x4, period. For that kind of money I just don't see the value. At all

So I'm guessing you don't believe that it can perform as advertised in a 3x3? I mean I'm confused here...? We can agree to disagree about it's value; but, I don't seem to understand how you believe this is such a low quality light.

http://www.apachetechinc.com/download/APACHETRIFOLDOCTOBER.pdf

That's a pretty good rundown of why I trust this company. Most that I've been able to find don't provide this kind of data. Point me in the direction of some lights that outperform this light scientifically. Crimson is right that lumens mean next to nothing to a plant... but I'm not trying to start an argument here. I promise I'm not that "expert beginner". I'm the slightly more knowledgeable than average beginner meaning I know that there's a SHIT-TON I still have to learn. But I need constructive criticism, not a tear down.

T

TheHopper92

@Toaster79

Any input on this light? lol
By chance what is customary messaging protocol? If I see somebody on the forum that I would like to have a one-on-one with is it acceptable to just message them and hope for a response? Or should we have interacted in a post first?

MW7945

MW7945

Light that puts out 5 lumens/w or a light that puts out 150 lm/w

By your standards they're the same because plants don't see lumens, no?

MW7945

MW7945

sss
By chance what is customary messaging protocol? If I see somebody on the forum that I would like to have a one-on-one with is it acceptable to just message them and hope for a response? Or should we have interacted in a post first?

Just message them...

MW7945

MW7945

It's the difference between a $150 LED light, and a $1500 led light. high eff = low heat to light output ratio. You're emiting more light, using the same amount of power. I can't see how this is irrelevant. Indirectly of course, since you seem to have to be PC about everything.

T

TheHopper92

sss

Just message them...
Thanks for that. I know it's a weird question. Like I said, new to actually posting haha.

I assume you would probably highly recommend this light correct? It's produced by a forum member of grasscity as I understand it.

Has those Vero 29's in it.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Light that puts out 5 lumens/w or a light that puts out 150 lm/w

By your standards they're the same because plants don't see lumens, no?

I think theoretically they can put out the same par value, lumen value of an incandescent bulb is worthless is what i read when you are growing so spectrum is the thing you have to focus and lumens doesnt mean anything as they dont correspond with the photosynthetic activity

EB1389CD CC63 4E21 856C A50E46D4E7C3
T

TheHopper92

It's the difference between a $150 LED light, and a $1500 led light. high eff = low heat to light output ratio. You're emiting more light, using the same amount of power. I can't see how this is irrelevant. Indirectly of course, since you seem to have to be PC about everything.
High efficiency actually by definition would be lowering the watts while increasing the PHOTON output... not the heat or lumen output...

T

TheHopper92

I think theoretically they can put out the same par value, lumen value of an incandescent bulb is worthless is what i read when you are growing so spectrum is the thing you have to focus and lumens doesnt mean anything as they dont correspond with the photosynthetic activity
Crimson any chance you or anybody you know has experience with one of these AT200's?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
High efficiency actually by definition would be lowering the watts while increasing the PHOTON output... not the heat or lumen output...

Exactly, what is so hard to grasp about the concept of efficiency?

T

TheHopper92

Exactly, what is so hard to grasp about the concept of efficiency?
Lots of different units that seemingly measure the same thing can be confusing. Even PPF is really just a specific type of light measurement that happens to be super useful horticulturally but the fact that light can be described in so many different ways with so many different metrics can make things difficult.

MW7945

MW7945

Welp. You two are going to make me want to headbutt a cement wall.

Good luck with the light man, I'm sure you'll slay with it.

Crimson just likes to argue about stupid shit.

Here's my setup, little over 700w in a 4x4.

Goodday.

Setup
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

Here's my setup, little over 700w in a 4x4.

Goodday.

Good day

T

TheHopper92

Here's my setup, little over 700w.

Goodday.
That is beautiful MW! Seriously love it. Honestly not at all what I expected out of you with your first few responses. You have got some skills man. Just open your mind a little bit; neither of us is omniscient; we can learn from each other! :) I'll make sure to get at ya when I start have my journal up in a few weeks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom