First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Day 96, 39 of flower:
Looks like they could handle that change up in food, think I might do it again next feeding. What do you guys think? Also, I wanted to start training my young plants earlier this time, would you guys recommend waiting until they fill out the 1 gallon pots? I don’t think I’ll be able to LST with such little room.

Bilber

Bilber

Either way with the training Pur....if its big enough and strong enough, goto town.....the feeding....i wasnt giving enough on this last run.....i should have bumped the flower nutes up more.....just be easy and don't increase with a lot at once....

P

Purfict

Either way with the training Pur....if its big enough and strong enough, goto town.....the feeding....i wasnt giving enough on this last run.....i should have bumped the flower nutes up more.....just be easy and don't increase with a lot at once....
I’ve been slowly adding more and more water, last watering was 2.5 gallons between the four, next will probably be 3 gallons. They are getting a few extra ML each feeding, but even with upping it they look like they can handle more so I might try and push a little harder.

R

RGWD0202

Day 96, 39 of flower:
Looks like they could handle that change up in food, think I might do it again next feeding. What do you guys think? Also, I wanted to start training my young plants earlier this time, would you guys recommend waiting until they fill out the 1 gallon pots? I don’t think I’ll be able to LST with such little room.
Those buds are looking really nice! When it comes to LST in those smaller pots, will you be able to transplant them into their final pots?

P

Purfict

Those buds are looking really nice! When it comes to LST in those smaller pots, will you be able to transplant them into their final pots?
That’s 1 concern, was thinking that I might wait to put them in their final pots before really bending them. Was thinking that I would angle all of them towards the center of the 4x4 tent just so they all get more light penetration. Was still gonna scrog as well, but maybe I will try to top more instead of LST. Still trying to figure out a game plan. What happens is I see some peoples’ plants that are LST and think wow, then I see others who only top and think wow, so maybe I’ll just have to try both and then a combination of the both and see what I feel better about.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 96, 39 of flower:
I’d train em now, put a 90degree bend in each one of them below the first node, use pipe cleaners or twist ties on a roll, poke holes right into the top of the fabric pots for anchor points.

R

RGWD0202

That’s 1 concern, was thinking that I might wait to put them in their final pots before really bending them. Was thinking that I would angle all of them towards the center of the 4x4 tent just so they all get more light penetration. Was still gonna scrog as well, but maybe I will try to top more instead of LST. Still trying to figure out a game plan. What happens is I see some peoples’ plants that are LST and think wow, then I see others who only top and think wow, so maybe I’ll just have to try both and then a combination of the both and see what I feel better about.
You can definitely integrate both methods. I think topping is important and coupled with LST methods you can really get a nice spread going. If it were me I’d top in the smaller pots when you see the 5th or 6th node depending on how much head room you have. let them recover for about a week and then move them to the big pots and start your LST methods. But what you did on your current grow seemed to work pretty well so I wouldn’t change too much. You can also top 1 or 2 and not the others and see which you prefer.

P

Purfict

Day 97, 40 of flower:
Thanks for the input guys, definitely helps me plan for what’s next. I think what I’ll try is topping and lst together. The plants I have now I only topped once at the end of veg at around the 8th node, so maybe I’ll try to top at the 5th and get 3-4 tops going. They’re looking good, looks like they enjoyed the extra food but want some more. Maybe I’ll feed in about two days, their pots still feel damp. Seedlings look like they’re starting to show the damage of being overwatered from when they were young.

D

dougied86

Biggest mistake is over/under watering......

Get a feel for the weight of your plants.....

I'll stick my finger elsewhere thank you.....

The moisture meters? I bought one when I first started growing......used it maybe 3 times......get a feel for the weight of the plant........trust me.....

They look great.......keep doing what you're doing........

P.S. water sssllloooowwwwllllyyyy......that way, the media will get soaked......
Fully water your plants. Then watch them till they show signs of drying out. Leaves hang, new tops of branches will start to sag. Then water. Keep a written journal of dates watered. During the start of flower they will drink way more water then slow down.

P

Purfict

Day 98, 41 of flower:
Think they’ll be ready for a watering tomorrow morning, I’ll judge tomorrow at lights on. Still looking hungry, but starting to fill up. Anyone know what’s up with this seedling? Maybe super thirsty? Today is my day to water them, so I’m doing so now.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 98, 41 of flower:
Think they’ll be ready for a watering tomorrow morning, I’ll judge tomorrow at lights on. Still looking hungry, but starting to fill up. Anyone know what’s up with this seedling? Maybe super thirsty? Today is my day to water them, so I’m doing so now.
If those pots are bone dry then it’s probably just a lack of hydration. If they aren’t dry and they are drooping like that it’s overwatering. It’s too difficult to tell from a picture. But I’d be watering more frequently if it ends up being dry. Remember toughest thing to master as a new grower is watering.

P

Purfict

If those pots are bone dry then it’s probably just a lack of hydration. If they aren’t dry and they are drooping like that it’s overwatering. It’s too difficult to tell from a picture. But I’d be watering more frequently if it ends up being dry. Remember toughest thing to master as a new grower is watering.
Yea, I’ve been trying to stick with every three days, but the problem is that one specific plant has probably about 2 more nodes on the others, so I think I’ll need to water more frequently for that one. My thought is a combination of wanting water and also hitting the edges of the pot. When it bounces back I can post a pic and it has multiple leaves over the edges of the pots.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Yea, I’ve been trying to stick with every three days, but the problem is that one specific plant has probably about 2 more nodes on the others, so I think I’ll need to water more frequently for that one. My thought is a combination of wanting water and also hitting the edges of the pot. When it bounces back I can post a pic and it has multiple leaves over the edges of the pots.
Those fabric pots will transpire moisture too, so as they get bigger they will probably need daily watering.

Bilber

Bilber

What Marty said and also, it could need to be transplanted in a bigger container.....just a thought.....plants can and will droop being root bound....again, just a thought......looks great other than that....

P

Purfict

Do you guys think transplanting tomorrow if they can bounce back and look good before lights off tonight? Maybe transplant all except that one in the ceramic pot since that one is growing super slow?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

What Marty said and also, it could need to be transplanted in a bigger container.....just a thought.....plants can and will droop being root bound....again, just a thought......looks great other than that....
Yes but don’t they air prune when in fabric pots?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Do you guys think transplanting tomorrow if they can bounce back and look good before lights off tonight? Maybe transplant all except that one in the ceramic pot since that one is growing super slow?
How many nodes do they have? It’s not a bad idea to transplant now, they will have more time to spread out in their larger pots and should grow noticeably larger than the last run, barring any major issues. If you do transplant them tomorrow, you should begin training them and topping them next weekend. You could have some really nice bushes ready to go into your flower tent once you harvest. Kinda exciting 😉

P

Purfict

How many nodes do they have? It’s not a bad idea to transplant now, they will have more time to spread out in their larger pots and should grow noticeably larger than the last run, barring any major issues. If you do transplant them tomorrow, you should begin training them and topping them next weekend. You could have some really nice bushes ready to go into your flower tent once you harvest. Kinda exciting 😉
I agree, they look to be growing twice as fast as the last run. Will be fun to see, especially since I’ll have summer and be able to really put some work into them.

Top Bottom