First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Day 99, 42 of flower:
Fed all the plants in flower, did about 3 gallons between the 4 of them, so they’re starting to accept more water. Upped the bloom even more, and did the same amount of micro. They had a good amount of runoff, so I tried to soak up as much as I could so they don’t sit in it. Transplanted all the seedlings, think everything went well except that I was a little low on soil for the last one, but not enough to be a huge problem. Think I’ll start training them next weekend.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 99, 42 of flower:
Fed all the plants in flower, did about 3 gallons between the 4 of them, so they’re starting to accept more water. Upped the bloom even more, and did the same amount of micro. They had a good amount of runoff, so I tried to soak up as much as I could so they don’t sit in it. Transplanted all the seedlings, think everything went well except that I was a little low on soil for the last one, but not enough to be a huge problem. Think I’ll start training them next weekend.
Nice job on the transplant. Are those living soil fabric pots or just fabric pots? The living soil fabric pots have a 3/4 plastic liner that will hold in water longer than traditional fabric pots

P

Purfict

Nice job on the transplant. Are those living soil fabric pots or just fabric pots? The living soil fabric pots have a 3/4 plastic liner that will hold in water longer than traditional fabric pots
Just fabric, I haven’t watered the whole pot to runoff yet since I just watered them, but hopefully they will be easier to manage watering. I’m just trying them out for this run and will see if it feels better watering.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Just fabric, I haven’t watered the whole pot to runoff yet since I just watered them, but hopefully they will be easier to manage watering. I’m just trying them out for this run and will see if it feels better watering.
How many gallons are they

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

5 gallons
Those plants are going to fill out nicely in their new homes, and are you still using the 50/50 blend of happy frog and ocean forest? Your plants in flower are stacking up nicely. They probably have 3 weeks left according to the strains average flowering time of 8-9 weeks . Have you thought about what you want to grow next, you got yourself set up nicely for a perpetual grow at this point. Three more weeks of veg maybe four and then you can start flowering those new ones.

P

Purfict

Those plants are going to fill out nicely in their new homes, and are you still using the 50/50 blend of happy frog and ocean forest? Your plants in flower are stacking up nicely. They probably have 3 weeks left according to the strains average flowering time of 8-9 weeks . Have you thought about what you want to grow next, you got yourself set up nicely for a perpetual grow at this point. Three more weeks of veg maybe four and then you can start flowering those new ones.
Yea, same setup with the happy frog and OF, was thinking of growing some sativas, but not too sure. They seem unappealing to grow, but I’ve only really had indicas what with dispensaries being a fan of making more money off of indica plants. Worst case scenario, I’ll have bud from 8 plants of the runtz, so I doubt that stash will run out before the sativas are done. I would just have to run a shorter veg period, but think it will be fun.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Yea, same setup with the happy frog and OF, was thinking of growing some sativas, but not too sure. They seem unappealing to grow, but I’ve only really had indicas what with dispensaries being a fan of making more money off of indica plants. Worst case scenario, I’ll have bud from 8 plants of the runtz, so I doubt that stash will run out before the sativas are done. I would just have to run a shorter veg period, but think it will be fun.
So the reason you see more Indica or hybrids then sativa is based on longer flowering time, I think that’s bullshit, but I’m not a business executive that only focuses on the highest returns on investments. I’m a consumer and a Conisuere of cannabis and I refuse to let greedy businesses dictate my taste and experience. That being said I also smoke way more sativas than indicas . I would grow what you like, and if you haven’t been smoking weed for long then you might not know what you like. Sativas need a little more room height wise, but can be trained to stay lower, and they might need another week or two longer to flower, besides that they are awesome for a new grower, they are more tolerant of heat, and light stress, they grow larger and they can produce big buds.
Another point I can make is that I like variety, and the last thing I want to do is only smoke one type of weed every day until it’s gone, I try to switch it up multiple times a day with different strains so I can enjoy those subtle differences between each strain. Kinda like eating the same meal for dinner every night of the week, eventually dinner isn’t fun anymore lol 😂

P

Purfict

So the reason you see more Indica or hybrids then sativa is based on longer flowering time, I think that’s bullshit, but I’m not a business executive that only focuses on the highest returns on investments. I’m a consumer and a Conisuere of cannabis and I refuse to let greedy businesses dictate my taste and experience. That being said I also smoke way more sativas than indicas . I would grow what you like, and if you haven’t been smoking weed for long then you might not know what you like. Sativas need a little more room height wise, but can be trained to stay lower, and they might need another week or two longer to flower, besides that they are awesome for a new grower, they are more tolerant of heat, and light stress, they grow larger and they can produce big buds.
Another point I can make is that I like variety, and the last thing I want to do is only smoke one type of weed every day until it’s gone, I try to switch it up multiple times a day with different strains so I can enjoy those subtle differences between each strain. Kinda like eating the same meal for dinner every night of the week, eventually dinner isn’t fun anymore lol 😂
Since I haven’t tried any higher quality sativas, maybe that’s what’s for me. Only one way to find out, though. Think I’m gonna run some sativas outdoor from about may-june until october.

P

Purfict

Since I haven’t tried any higher quality sativas, maybe that’s what’s for me. Only one way to find out, though. Think I’m gonna run some sativas outdoor from about may-june until october.
To add, also think I’m gonna run some in my tent, too. If anyone has any recommendations for seeds and from which seed bank, would love to hear them. I was thinking maybe going ILGM again, but I know what some people say about their seeds.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

To add, also think I’m gonna run some in my tent, too. If anyone has any recommendations for seeds and from which seed bank, would love to hear them. I was thinking maybe going ILGM again, but I know what some people say about their seeds.
So I don’t have a problem with the genetics that I grew from them, but more the so called deals that they offer, ultimately they get you for $100 bucks a pack, which isn’t a bad deal with ten-20 seeds, but you can get three packs of seeds from tons of other places at $30-45 dollars and grow multiple varieties for the same price. Depending on where you live you have some other options for seed banks that are cheaper with much larger catalogs of strains and breeders.

P

Purfict

So I don’t have a problem with the genetics that I grew from them, but more the so called deals that they offer, ultimately they get you for $100 bucks a pack, which isn’t a bad deal with ten-20 seeds, but you can get three packs of seeds from tons of other places at $30-45 dollars and grow multiple varieties for the same price. Depending on where you live you have some other options for seed banks that are cheaper with much larger catalogs of strains and breeders.
What are some you would recommend? I live in the northeast in Ohio. I’ve heard good and bad things about Atlantic seed bank

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I highly suggest North Atlantic Seed Company. They always have a great selection of breeders to choose from and run sales and promotions almost every month, oh and they throw in free seeds with most orders. They’re out of Waterville Maine and might even ship internationally if you aren’t in the states. I will put together a list of some suggested sativas that I’ve grown over the years and message you with it.

P

Purfict

I highly suggest North Atlantic Seed Company. They always have a great selection of breeders to choose from and run sales and promotions almost every month, oh and they throw in free seeds with most orders. They’re out of Waterville Maine and might even ship internationally if you aren’t in the states. I will put together a list of some suggested sativas that I’ve grown over the years and message you with it.
Appreciate it!

P

Purfict

After putting it off for so long, set up my inline fan. I’m gonna run it on its lowest setting along with the timer in the flower tent. I tried to restrict airflow as much as I could in the veg tent, but still enough to make the walls of the tent look like they’re about to collapse. Luckily it does have two vents at the bottom for air, I’m planning on keeping both in this tent and the other in the flower tent. Now I just need to fight temps in both tents and it’ll be a solid setup. What do you guys think, would you change anything?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Pulling warm air from the top fresh from through the bottom is the best way to cool the tent and pulling fresh air into the tent at lower heights is good because you have fresh air containing co2 at the plant level where it’s needed and further away from the exhaust. Solid as long as you don’t have light leaks.
I run inline through a couple dryer vents into both of my tents at the bottom in one and from a top vent run to the floor of more dryer vents tubing , in the warmer months I will turn on the slug blower and force fresh air in, the tents will blow up until I dial in the ac infinity exhaust fan vented through the roof. Pulling hot air off the lights.
Here’s a diagram showing it:

IMG 5115

Top Bottom