First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Looks great, definitely give it another week, and as previously mentioned keep on tucking. Are you surprised yet, as far as new growth goes and lower branches coming up. Once the top of your plant no longer is at the top the plant will send out a growth hormone called auxin which causes lower growth to accelerate and stretch.

C

climbit

Looks great, definitely give it another week, and as previously mentioned keep on tucking. Are you surprised yet, as far as new growth goes and lower branches coming up. Once the top of your plant no longer is at the top the plant will send out a growth hormone called auxin which causes lower growth to accelerate and stretch.
Is there a way to get them growing evenly with the rest of the plant from start to finish. I’ve seen some pro growers manage it and don’t know how. Like the breeders picture of the strain is always immaculate all even growth super big buds and what not.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Is there a way to get them growing evenly with the rest of the plant from start to finish. I’ve seen some pro growers manage it and don’t know how. Like the breeders picture of the strain is always immaculate all even growth super big buds and what not.
Look up mainlining plants they pretty uniform 👍

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

But do you know what I’m talking about. When you see the picture when you buy a strain. It’s fucking perfect and everything,
Oh yea it’s cause they are grown in absolute optimal conditions prob with co2 perfect temps n humidity something the average home grower tries to replicate but sometimes impossible they only show the best when they trying to sell a strain👍

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

But do you know what I’m talking about. When you see the picture when you buy a strain. It’s fucking perfect and everything,
Yes, justlovetogrow is talking about mainlining, and there’s also low stress training, and topping. All of these techniques are employed shortly after the seedling stage is complete. Early on. As far as low stress training goes there’s lots of different techniques to use I’ve never tried main lining but it seems to be the most uniform way to get a single plant to open up and produce square footage of canopy. I think someone on here was posting instructions just the other day about it.

P

Purfict

Day 49:
7 weeks from sprout and I feel like they’re starting to come together. Thanks for all the advice, half the reason the grows going so well. My plan is to tuck new growth every other day, so I did just now. I wish my net had a few more rows, but now I know for next time. Haven’t seen gnats in a while, and I still have 2.5 million more nematodes. The only problem I have with going so long without a top watering is the top layer refuses to absorb water. When I watered yesterday, I used about a quarter of the 750mL every minute or so since watering slowly helps with the issue. I think I will wait until around next weekend just to get my plan and everything down for flipping. Still only 1 dose of nutes, and it was a tiny dose. Also, my light is at 360W, and my only options are 480 and then the full 600. When should I increase light intensity? What do you guys think?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 49:
7 weeks from sprout and I feel like they’re starting to come together. Thanks for all the advice, half the reason the grows going so well. My plan is to tuck new growth every other day, so I did just now. I wish my net had a few more rows, but now I know for next time. Haven’t seen gnats in a while, and I still have 2.5 million more nematodes. The only problem I have with going so long without a top watering is the top layer refuses to absorb water. When I watered yesterday, I used about a quarter of the 750mL every minute or so since watering slowly helps with the issue. I think I will wait until around next weekend just to get my plan and everything down for flipping. Still only 1 dose of nutes, and it was a tiny dose. Also, my light is at 360W, and my only options are 480 and then the full 600. When should I increase light intensity? What do you guys think?
I’ve never grown with that much light so I can’t really say. Is it height adjustable? If so what height are you at from canopy?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

At around 40 inches at 360W. Light is adjustable it’s on ratchet straps.
I guess you have a few different options then, can raise intensity at that height and if plants react well leave it alone, if they don’t like it raise the height.

P

Purfict

Day 50:
Not much to report, letting them do their thing. Watering in 2-3 days maybe, gonna give them their other dose of nematodes. Just saw a gnat, but the nematodes are in the soil and there’s sticky yellow traps that’ll hopefully get the adults. Other than that, good growth going.

P

Purfict

Day 51:
What do you guys think I should be doing as I approach my first attempt at flowering? I still am worried giving them nutrients since they’re growing noticeably. I gave them one small dose earlier and burnt them a bit. I think since they’re growing good I’ll just let them do their thing uninterrupted; only time I’m opening the tent is to refil the humidifier and take pics. Should I be worried most of the new growth has only 3 fingers on their leaves? Some have 4 which is odd to me.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 51:
What do you guys think I should be doing as I approach my first attempt at flowering? I still am worried giving them nutrients since they’re growing noticeably. I gave them one small dose earlier and burnt them a bit. I think since they’re growing good I’ll just let them do their thing uninterrupted; only time I’m opening the tent is to refil the humidifier and take pics. Should I be worried most of the new growth has only 3 fingers on their leaves? Some have 4 which is odd to me.
Can you post a picture of the new growth with 3, or four leaves? Try feeding them with a 50% strength version of what you used to feed them last time. When they’re ready for the next watering.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Yeah I don’t know? Looks healthy otherwise, might be a genetic trait, could be a stress response? If it isn’t hindering new growth I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ll do some research and get back to you.

P

Purfict

Yeah I don’t know? Looks healthy otherwise, might be a genetic trait, could be a stress response? If it isn’t hindering new growth I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ll do some research and get back to you.
I know, seems strange since it’s probably the healthiest it’s been in its life so far. I notice new growth by the day with these plants now.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I know, seems strange since it’s probably the healthiest it’s been in its life so far. I notice new growth by the day with these plants now.
Quick search kinda echoes what I was saying.
IMG 4827

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Quick search kinda echoes what I was saying.
View attachment 2115780
I’d try to search for some grow diaries on the internet for this particular strain and see if that scenario pops up a few times. If it does that’s an indicator of a genetic trait.
I wouldn’t give it too much head space unless you start seeing other signs of deficiency.
Otherwise they look good, are you going to knock back your % of nutrients next feeding? Maybe use a 50% strength solution.

P

Purfict

I’d try to search for some grow diaries on the internet for this particular strain and see if that scenario pops up a few times. If it does that’s an indicator of a genetic trait.
I wouldn’t give it too much head space unless you start seeing other signs of deficiency.
Otherwise they look good, are you going to knock back your % of nutrients next feeding? Maybe use a 50% strength solution.
I gave them one feed around 2 weeks ago, but they seem to be growing great without me giving any nutrients at all. The seed bank said they are nutrient hungry, but I’m not sure if I’ll even feed more if they are growing this solid without any food. I gave them less than the recommended dose for early veg and they got a little burnt from that.

Top Bottom