First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Day 102, 45 of flower:
More orange pistols than white, starting to get closer. Breeder said 7-9 weeks, so I’ll probably get a camera that lets me zoom in on trichomes to judge when they’re done. I’m guessing another 2 weeks ish. Thinking I’ll water on Thurs/Friday. Seedlings like to droop, I bought an aquarium heater so I might try to put that in the veg tent to get temps up.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 102, 45 of flower:
More orange pistols than white, starting to get closer. Breeder said 7-9 weeks, so I’ll probably get a camera that lets me zoom in on trichomes to judge when they’re done. I’m guessing another 2 weeks ish. Thinking I’ll water on Thurs/Friday. Seedlings like to droop, I bought an aquarium heater so I might try to put that in the veg tent to get temps up.
The seedlings are looking better today, less droop.

P

Purfict

Was looking into adding some cheap insulation to my tents aswell, was thinking maybe I’ll wash some old comforters or sheets I have laying around. Also was looking into foam insulation, but not sure. What do you guys think?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Was looking into adding some cheap insulation to my tents aswell, was thinking maybe I’ll wash some old comforters or sheets I have laying around. Also was looking into foam insulation, but not sure. What do you guys think?
Well I’m not sure if it’d be useful at this point, as we’re entering spring, but it could be beneficial to the fall and winter months for certain.

P

Purfict

Well I’m not sure if it’d be useful at this point, as we’re entering spring, but it could be beneficial to the fall and winter months for certain.
I’m just worried temps are what’s causing the seedlings to look stressed. When I turn on my exhaust fan, temps in the flower tent drop to about 68°F and to 62°F in the veg tent during lights on. I haven’t dared to run it during lights out since I figure that will make it much worse.

P

Purfict

Day 103, 46 of flower:
Think I’ll water tomorrow. I got an aquarium heater for the veg tent just to test it out, my only concern now is having stagnant water in the tent. It did bump up an extra 2 degrees, so for 1500 watts it’s not doing bad. I have it set to 78°F, and it goes up to 90°. It creates bubbles so the water isn’t completely still, but I’m still just experimenting with it.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 103, 46 of flower:
Think I’ll water tomorrow. I got an aquarium heater for the veg tent just to test it out, my only concern now is having stagnant water in the tent. It did bump up an extra 2 degrees, so for 1500 watts it’s not doing bad. I have it set to 78°F, and it goes up to 90°. It creates bubbles so the water isn’t completely still, but I’m still just experimenting with it.
Why not just get a seedling mat?

Bilber

Bilber

It sure looks like it.....I'm not 100%.....with the way the picture is showing, I believe it is.....not the worst thing.....could end up being the keeper you've been looking for.....if it is in fact a seed....

P

Purfict

That’s unfortunate, I wonder what has stressed them to herm. I felt I did very good on the light leaks, so it must be something else. Is it a big deal if there’s only a few per bud, should I pick them out? Maybe wait till harvest to pick them?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

That’s unfortunate, I wonder what has stressed them to herm. I felt I did very good on the light leaks, so it must be something else. Is it a big deal if there’s only a few per bud, should I pick them out? Maybe wait till harvest to pick them?
I think it’s just a swollen calyx, if it was a seed the two pistols that come out of the calyx would have browned and withered away. It’s a sign of the buds reaching maturity. It’s tough to tell from the picture though. Here’s to hoping for no seeds 🤞🏻

P

Purfict

I think it’s just a swollen calyx, if it was a seed the two pistols that come out of the calyx would have browned and withered away. It’s a sign of the buds reaching maturity. It’s tough to tell from the picture though. Here’s to hoping for no seeds 🤞🏻
Me too, I’m stopping home at 12:30 I can snap a few more pics. I tried looking at as many buds as I could close up and those were the only ones I was suspicious about. Even if they are seeds, the fact that there are so few means it won’t cause too many issues, would it?

P

Purfict

Lookin like seeds, found some on some tops further back. Not entirely sure, but can see some spots that have no trichomes. If it is seeds, should i try to take them out now or wait until after they’re done?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Me too, I’m stopping home at 12:30 I can snap a few more pics. I tried looking at as many buds as I could close up and those were the only ones I was suspicious about. Even if they are seeds, the fact that there are so few means it won’t cause too many issues, would it?
Not unless it’s loaded with seeds, a few seeds won’t hurt the quality so much as a few hundred.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Lookin like seeds, found some on some tops further back. Not entirely sure, but can see some spots that have no trichomes. If it is seeds, should i try to take them out now or wait until after they’re done?
Try to pop one off with tweezers and then open it up and see what is going on inside. I would only do one. The less manhandling the better. I’ve seen the same thing on my past grows, 99% of the time it’s just a swollen calyx.

P

Purfict

Try to pop one off with tweezers and then open it up and see what is going on inside. I would only do one. The less manhandling the better. I’ve seen the same thing on my past grows, 99% of the time it’s just a swollen calyx.
They look to be hallow. Breaking it open started the strong smell, before the tent hardly had a stench but it definitely smells great. It was very squishy on the inside, almost wet. Outside was slightly hard, but easy to break between fingers.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

They look to be hallow. Breaking it open started the strong smell, before the tent hardly had a stench but it definitely smells great. It was very squishy on the inside, almost wet. Outside was slightly hard, but easy to break between fingers.
I would definitely say that it’s a calyx, yeah you got a little preview of the terps. I’m sure it’s exaggerated because you messed with her. They think it’s natures way of warding off potential predators of the plant. Most animals don’t care for the smell of cannabis. My cats hate it when I have weed on my finger tips.

P

Purfict

I would definitely say that it’s a calyx, yeah you got a little preview of the terps. I’m sure it’s exaggerated because you messed with her. They think it’s natures way of warding off potential predators of the plant. Most animals don’t care for the smell of cannabis. My cats hate it when I have weed on my finger tips.
That’s a relief. I gotta say I’m excited, I’ve never had any bud that is flavorful other than my one friend who has been growing for decades and has only grown one strain: apple fritter. He’s half the reason I started growing, knowing that it can smell and taste so good. Better than any dispensary stuff I’ve tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom