First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

That’s a relief. I gotta say I’m excited, I’ve never had any bud that is flavorful other than my one friend who has been growing for decades and has only grown one strain: apple fritter. He’s half the reason I started growing, knowing that it can smell and taste so good. Better than any dispensary stuff I’ve tried.
Awesome stuff, just make sure you don’t botch the drying and curing process. There’s lots of good info out there and some bad info too, the most common technique is to hang dry whole plants in 60 degree dark environments with the humidity level at 60% for 14 days. You have to be sure that there’s adequate airflow around all of the branches without anything blowing directly onto your buds. If you have branches that overlap and contact with other branches you’ll want to keep them separated.

P

Purfict

Awesome stuff, just make sure you don’t botch the drying and curing process. There’s lots of good info out there and some bad info too, the most common technique is to hang dry whole plants in 60 degree dark environments with the humidity level at 60% for 14 days. You have to be sure that there’s adequate airflow around all of the branches without anything blowing directly onto your buds. If you have branches that overlap and contact with other branches you’ll want to keep them separated.
I was thinking of buying one of those drying racks from vivosun, the nets with layers was thinking getting two 6 layers. Luckily, during lights off, temp sits at about 62°F, and temp sits at around 50, so I feel like I have a good setup. I’m definitely going to research more into drying and curing; it would suck for 120 days of work to be ruined in a few weeks.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I was thinking of buying one of those drying racks from vivosun, the nets with layers was thinking getting two 6 layers. Luckily, during lights off, temp sits at about 62°F, and temp sits at around 50, so I feel like I have a good setup. I’m definitely going to research more into drying and curing; it would suck for 120 days of work to be ruined in a few weeks.
Couple coat hangers and some room in the closet works great for me. If I have a really bushy one I’ll just hang individual branches on the clothes hanger.
IMG 4951

P

Purfict

Day 105, 48 of flower:
Topped this one seedling since it’s growing much quicker. Finally got that one in the brown pot to start growing, was planning on giving it to a friend unless you guys think I could fit 5 in my flower tent. Turned the light down a bit since the one I topped looks like it’s getting a little too much light, unless that’s it showing stress. Think I’ll water them tomorrow morning. Nothing to add to the mature plants, they’re still hungry it looks like. The lower bud sites look like they’re getting most of the attention, they’re starting to bulk up. For the future, how do some people get rid of the lower bud sites?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 105, 48 of flower:
Topped this one seedling since it’s growing much quicker. Finally got that one in the brown pot to start growing, was planning on giving it to a friend unless you guys think I could fit 5 in my flower tent. Turned the light down a bit since the one I topped looks like it’s getting a little too much light, unless that’s it showing stress. Think I’ll water them tomorrow morning. Nothing to add to the mature plants, they’re still hungry it looks like. The lower bud sites look like they’re getting most of the attention, they’re starting to bulk up. For the future, how do some people get rid of the lower bud sites?
Every time I check this thread those buds look bigger! I wonder if the clay pot was keeping the root zone cooler and stunted the growth? Seems like the aquarium heater being close might’ve helped?? I would stick to four in the flower tent and veg the clay pot longer and maybe put her outside?? As far as lower bud sites I strip the branches bare on the lower third of my plants, because they just don’t get enough light down there usually to build bigger buds, but one thing that you can do is to do a two stage harvest. Take the top most mature branches once they are ready. Then a week or two later harvest the rest of the plant. Just a thought. Nice work dude, you must be pleased to see things moving along so nicely.

P

Purfict

Every time I check this thread those buds look bigger! I wonder if the clay pot was keeping the root zone cooler and stunted the growth? Seems like the aquarium heater being close might’ve helped?? I would stick to four in the flower tent and veg the clay pot longer and maybe put her outside?? As far as lower bud sites I strip the branches bare on the lower third of my plants, because they just don’t get enough light down there usually to build bigger buds, but one thing that you can do is to do a two stage harvest. Take the top most mature branches once they are ready. Then a week or two later harvest the rest of the plant. Just a thought. Nice work dude, you must be pleased to see things moving along so nicely.
Yea, grow went well above my expectations. I’m excited for it to be ready, now I just need to be patient which might be hard, but worse problems to have.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 106, 49 of flower:
1-2 weeks away from harvest, anything you guys would recommend doing now that I’m getting close? Not watering the veg tent today, they’re looking good.
Do you have a jewelers loupe? Or something else that allows you to magnify those trichomes?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Not yet, was going to get one that attaches to my phone and zooms in.
I have one that works with older models of the iPhone, but it doesn’t work with the newer ones because they switch cameras when you zoom in. They have cool wireless microscopes on Amazon that will link to your phone through Bluetooth and I don’t think they were more than $25 last time I checked.

P

Purfict

Day 107, 50 of flower:
Watering maybe tomorrow in both tents. Found a 4foot by 2foot heating mat I’m going to run with the timer on the light in the flower tent, hopefully that will get a real good boost in temp, especially if I plan to grow some heavy sativas next. The smaller plants are looking good other than the heights being all different.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 107, 50 of flower:
Watering maybe tomorrow in both tents. Found a 4foot by 2foot heating mat I’m going to run with the timer on the light in the flower tent, hopefully that will get a real good boost in temp, especially if I plan to grow some heavy sativas next. The smaller plants are looking good other than the heights being all different.
Those vegging plants could be trained. They’re getting big quick.

P

Purfict

Day 108, 51 of flower:
Watered the flower tent today, think I’m going to hold off on watering the veg tent until they show signs of needed them. It’s been a few days since I watered them and they’re growing well still. Tried setting up that microscope that connects to the wifi and your phone, but the image quality is very poor. I was able to get some decent pics with my phone camera. I’ll have to mess around with it some more. All the trics look cloudy, so another week or two. They’re looking covered in them, though.

P

Purfict

Those vegging plants could be trained. They’re getting big quick.
Sorry for the late response, but I just topped the rest. Do you think I should give them some time to recover before LST? I feel like the tall one will be hard to LST, how would you go about it? Maybe I could just top 4-5 times each plant and not LST? What do you think? I have an extra SCROG net, maybe wait another two weeks for when they go in the big tent and then train them that way? They’re looking awesome in my opinion, getting 7 fingers by node 5, perky after a few days since last water, only issue I can see is that they are slightly nute burnt, that’s why I’ve been taking it a little easier on the watering since I tried to saturate most of the pot their first watering.

P

Purfict

Day 109, 52 of flower:
Really pushing these plants late, the leaves are looking rough. Hopefully they’ll ripen up in the next week, the seeds are said to have an 8 week flower time but I think I’ll need to give them a little extra time. Veg plants looking good, gonna let them do their thing.

Top Bottom