First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Day 158, 61 of flower:
The veg tent seems to appreciate that dunk, they bounced back quick and there’s noticeable growth. They look slightly over fertilized, but I’ll be able to give them a few days without water.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Do you think I should just wait until I have some time to chop and clean the tent or give it a little more time?
I’d base my decision on the readiness of the plants first, or if free time is a tough thing to come by, when you have time. If you’re not in a rush wait for 10-20% amber, and if you’re busy with other stuff chop when you can. Not much help I know, but ultimately what ever works best for you.

J

Jph1953

Yes fabric pots evaporate out everywhere, clay pots or buckets hold the moisture in longer. Living soil fabric grow bags have plastic around the outside except the bottom part to help retain moisture for your microbes. On the other hand the air pruning by fabric pots multiplies the roots quickly it basically tops them.
My plant is 14 day in a fabric pot, and plant seems more broad, it a auto strawberry gorilla , hybrid plant

IMG 4824
Bilber

Bilber

Day 156, 59 of flower:
Fed the flower tent, from the naked eye it looks like there are still some clear trichomes, mostly cloudy but a few clear ones. Not sure why I’m coming so far past the recommended flower time, but they’re looking good. Had to support a few branches because they started falling over. Veg tent looking well, think I will bottom feed for the rest of veg, I’ve seen good results and been recommended to in this thread. Not sure if the twisting of new growth is from wind burn or the gnats, I decided to move the fan up a little bit.
Hey Pur....recommended.....all things optimal.....maybe....

Flowering for me starts when there's a few pistils sticking out.....a small cluster.....I don't go by 12/12 is flowering....with all things considered, your grow is going Purfictly smooth!

P

Purfict

What size of containers are the vegging plants in? Is that a 4x4 tent?
The tent is a 3x3, but they’re growing so quickly I’ll have to start them a week or two later next grow so they aren’t too cramped. They’re in 5 gallon pots

R

RGWD0202

The tent is a 3x3, but they’re growing so quickly I’ll have to start them a week or two later next grow so they aren’t too cramped. They’re in 5 gallon pots
Right on, I’m in 5 gallons too but your containers look bigger to me, thought maybe they were 7s. Trying to figure out layout for my new tent and was thinking of going to 7 or 10# if I have the room. I like your layout

P

Purfict

Right on, I’m in 5 gallons too but your containers look bigger to me, thought maybe they were 7s. Trying to figure out layout for my new tent and was thinking of going to 7 or 10# if I have the room. I like your layout
The fabric pots are definitely easier to fit in a tent, I bet you could get 4 7 gallon fabric pots in a 4x4 if you could train it well enough and your light has good dispersion on the corners.

R

RGWD0202

How did you setup your inline fan for both tents? How did you make it so no light goes from veg into your flower? I’ve been struggling trying to figure that out….

R

RGWD0202

The fabric pots are definitely easier to fit in a tent, I bet you could get 4 7 gallon fabric pots in a 4x4 if you could train it well enough and your light has good dispersion on the corners.
I saw earlier back you were looking for seeds, I like Royal Queen Seeds usually run a good deal and so far it’s growing well.

P

Purfict

How did you setup your inline fan for both tents? How did you make it so no light goes from veg into your flower? I’ve been struggling trying to figure that out….
What I did was put the carbon filter outside, and then a T split for ducting. I tested light leaks when I started, but what I did was bent the ducting to the smaller tent to restrict airflow. I haven’t noticed any light leaks yet.

P

Purfict

Day 159, 62 of flower:
Think I’ll chop on Friday. I know some people say they like to not give it water the last week, would you say this is good advice or just some “bro science”? I also see the leave them in complete darkness for 24 hours aswell before chopping. These plants are looking huge in the veg tent, think they’ll flip in about two weeks. My plan is to let the flowering plants sit until chop in the 4x4, and then when I harvest them I’ll clean the tent out really thoroughly, then dry the plants in the 3x3.

R

RGWD0202

Day 159, 62 of flower:
Think I’ll chop on Friday. I know some people say they like to not give it water the last week, would you say this is good advice or just some “bro science”? I also see the leave them in complete darkness for 24 hours aswell before chopping. These plants are looking huge in the veg tent, think they’ll flip in about two weeks. My plan is to let the flowering plants sit until chop in the 4x4, and then when I harvest them I’ll clean the tent out really thoroughly, then dry the plants in the 3x3.
I think it’s bro science, a little stress at the end though might increase terps but I don’t think it’s been proven to really speed up drying if you don’t water.

Another good seed bank is Greenpoint, they won’t have the strains you are used to seeing but the genetics are on point and if you don’t care about a specific strain the reverse auctions are a good way to get cheap seeds, typically 6 feminized for around 20.00 with free shipping is hard to beat.

P

Purfict

I think it’s bro science, a little stress at the end though might increase terps but I don’t think it’s been proven to really speed up drying if you don’t water.

Another good seed bank is Greenpoint, they won’t have the strains you are used to seeing but the genetics are on point and if you don’t care about a specific strain the reverse auctions are a good way to get cheap seeds, typically 6 feminized for around 20.00 with free shipping is hard to beat.
I think I’m going to go with North Atlantic Seed Bank, I’ve heard nothing but good reviews, but I plan to try plenty of different send banks. Honestly, I’m very happy with my ILGM so far, I know people talk down on it but my first 4 look great for the mistakes I made and no herms. 20 seeds that all are very different phonos for 100$ is a steal in my book.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 159, 62 of flower:
I think it’s been proven that the darkness thing is bro science, since the trichomes are developed thru the photosynthesis process and require light and darkness to continue to produce oils and bud material. Not watering would definitely affect your harvest wet weight if the plant basically dies or leaves dry out. I’d just water once more before harvest and keep the light schedule as is.

P

Purfict

Day 160, 63 of flower:
Little bit of light stress in the veg tent, turned it down a bit. They’re still growing strong. Think the flower tent will get one more water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom