First grow, Autoflowers, and the Mediterranean winter...

• Thread starter fatconeskills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I've been a little shy to share my grow, as I see many on here have reached a level of virtuosity when it comes to cultivating bud.
It's a love affair I have with the ladies of the danky herb. Everything about this plant just fascinated me since I first got a whiff of cali grown.
Fast forward 6 years later and I finally stomached up the courage to attempt to grow this intimidating yet forgiving plant. Let me start off by saying I respect everyone out there that can produce quality out of their plants, it's quit an art.
So to cut to the brass, I decided to try out BlimBurn Seeds as my first run. I know these genetics won't cut it for most, but I thought id give myself a little slice of living hell by going for their new strains. 5 GG#4's, 1 Grizzly purple. All autos, all seem to be F1 or F2 as im not sure about blimburns history with these strains. Coco peat- pearlite@ 70 /30 ratio, and the grizzly in a potting soil coco mix @ 50/50. We had a little issue with overwatering in the early seedling phase of the grow and that stunted the poor little guys out for a couple of days till I adjusted the medium. They received there first feeding three days ago and have shown 2 extra sets of true leaves. I'm running the GGs in larger 3 liter pots as space is an issue, and will definitely adjust pot sizes for future grows. They're getting an incremental increases in the gh trio's strength and AN sensi cal mag extra Ph @5.6-6(varies from each feeding). Growth was noticeable after second feeding. As for the lady in the soil coco mix, I gave her some great white and a feeding of organic grape molasses made locally and she initially showed some slight signs on burnt tips(probably due to the NPK levels in the soil) but readjusted after a phd watering. My temps are around 28-30 Celsius 78-85 Fahrenheit, RH. 30-35%. Not idea but my current location enables me from my beloved amazon prime, and pretty much anything. Also space. As for equipment I'm running a pc cooling fan and a small floor fan with an open container of water to keep humidity up but its like tiny farts of humidity and is negligible, most airflow. Lamps, I'm running two Chinese LEDs, one phlizon 600 w, and one watt shine 300 w, so around 130 is actual watts. Hanging is a supplemental cfl rated at 75w daylight bulb. For flower I intended to keep my current setup, but switch out the white to warm cfl, and will be hooking my 150w HPS to the ballast as a hanging bulb. Any ways here are some pictures. I apologize in advance if my lack of experience offends anyone as I know a lot of you do this as a living. I have never grown anything in my life other than sprouting beans at school, and I've spent most of my life behind a computer processing code and 3D models. so pics ! I have grown really fond of these little babies and am already hating the day I might need to chop. This plant is phenomenal, and absolutely love listening to Chris de Burgh.

First grow autoflowers and the mediterranean winter
First grow autoflowers and the mediterranean winter 2
First grow autoflowers and the mediterranean winter 3
First grow autoflowers and the mediterranean winter 4
First grow autoflowers and the mediterranean winter 5
First grow autoflowers and the mediterranean winter 6
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

lol ty! Alot of funny and nice people here, you gonna like this place! :D
random question, but does you cat ever react to the smell of liquid fertilizers ? Every time Im mixing a feed they come around snooping, and recently my lady pissed on my shoes next to where I keep my nutes 😂

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Btw i like how your presenting every plant with your hand like u trying to sell a parfume or something on TV 😅

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

What are the dimensions of your space? Also how do you have fresh air coming into that space. I see the little fan that is moving air around that space but no means of bringing fresh air in.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

What are the dimensions of your space? Also how do you have fresh air coming into that space. I see the little fan that is moving air around that space but no means of bringing fresh air in.
it's around 2x2x4, it's in a flush mounted closet space. I have a larger fan at the bottom that is lined to the opening of the closet and my room has could circulation. But to answer your question, no vent fan, just Mcgivering my way through it as shipping to my location is absolutely terrible. The closet doors are never shut, and there is always a 2 inch opening.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I use a damp towel to raise my humidity, works great. I'd be shooting for 80% rh personally with those Temps, and be careful not to get any hotter. Im basing this off vpd charts.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

hey guys little bit of an update. I added a 75 w cfl over the little grizzle purple. I over watered her and she's droopy as hell, growth is coming but so slow. The other babies are growing and I'm doing my best to read each on a personal level. I added a layer of perlite as I saw some potential for pests. I was able to get my hands on a 150w MH projector, unfortunately I hadn't planned on this being in my grow space. So right now I have the projector a couple feet from the plants, mainly focused on my larger plant. The projector is applying horizontal lighting. Im not sure as to how effective this is, as also am I overdoing it for my space ?

IMG 20200111 134719
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

How can we know if you not presenting every plant with your hand?
But fo real i think you using waaay to much light especially in this stage, the led should be enough imo.
I lol'd really hard at this one. Theres this constant urge to modify. I will hold off on the projector.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

guys... what the hell did I do to my plants ? I overwatered todays ago, and idiotically placed a layer of perlite which seemed to exasperate things even more, they were pretty droopy. Today, after removing the perlite, they've perked up a bit, but I just can't seem to diagnose my ladies.
IMG 20200112 144948
IMG 20200112 145035
IMG 20200112 145101
IMG 20200112 145107
IMG 20200112 145131
IMG 20200112 144948
IMG 20200112 145035
IMG 20200112 145101
IMG 20200112 145107
IMG 20200112 145131
IMG 20200112 144948

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

anyone else get a sick sunburn like this ? I was just testing the heat relative to distance, and a maximum of 30 seconds of exposure to a 150w MH projector. holy shit guys
IMG 20200112 150219

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

@fatconeskills go by real wattage not equivalencies. Those equivalency ratings are total BS. My best guess as to what is going on with your plants is that they are overwatered, either that or you have far too much light on those babies. Small plants don't need as much of anything as big plants, so at thins point less is more.

Top Bottom