First grow, Autoflowers, and the Mediterranean winter...

• Thread starter fatconeskills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Hey bro, are you feeding? Autos are very simple to burn, i never feed till day 21 and very lighley, i use botanacare pro grow and mix 3/4 of 1 tablespoon per gal of water, when you do a grow run the same strain makes life easier, i taught my bro in Scotland how to grow autoflowers over e mail, it took me a year but he rarely asked for advice anymore, the main thing is good drainage, good dirt, and leave them alone, i have a 2 cycles 600w led with seedlings about 30inc then down 2 24inc you want your little plants reaching for the light not shying from it, when my plants are 21 days old i feed lightly remember autos are not photos they flower with time not photoperiod, they will go into a growth spurt starting around 3 weeks strain dependent and lasts for a week or 10 days, then the plant will slow considerably and start to flower, i still keep them in veg, at around day 50 i give a light flush and start giveing atami bloombastic 2ml per gal and put plant under a booster for the rest of the grow, dont get discouraged were here to help, i suggest you star off with Northern lights, a big simple plant that lets mistakes slide, my biggest problem teaching my frien was he kept burning his plants bc he did not understand how little they need, second he kept messing with them topping and such, leave them alone use good dirt and drainage, feed a good food but lightly after the plant is big enough to take it. Im just trying to help you with the basics bc you do not grow autos the same as photos, in fact you can do everything right and you have messed up seeds, there expensive, i grow Sweet, Buddha, Methisto (great auto breeder) Fast Buds, Nirvana, these breeders are legitimate and breed great autoflowers a good seed makes all the difference, im about a week from chopping a run of critical by Nirvana, see pics, you can easily grow like this if you understand that autos need good dirt and drainage, feed a good food lightly after day 21, use a good flowering agent, i recommend atami bloombastic when you take your plants out of veg and start giveing atami your flower will blow right up. Any time you need advice just ask, and no im not preaching to you just trying to impress that autos are different i have been growing them continually for 9 years june. Good luck!
always happy to get advice from you. Im doing my best to follow. Im keeping nutes low, very low N in my flower mix. Will look into some new nutrients for future grows.
Genetics, you are absolutely spot on. I'm hopefully getting some dinafem seeds soon, so I hope to try some better genetics.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

little bit of an update. One of the gorilla glues has started to flower, but things seem slow. All have pistils and bud sites. 3/4 show flower sites, yet the taller pheno has yet to form flowers. I'm thinking this is either a very long "super" auto, which looks like I easily have 5 more weeks in or they just don't want to flower. The liter pot with the grizzly purple has started to grow bigger flowers. I'm also curious as to how I can fertigate multiple times a day. I usually water once, but would like to increase that to two. Do I feed the same formula both feeds ? They tend to be droopy in the morning before I water then perk up throughout the day after feeding.

IMG 8309
IMG 8310
IMG 8311
IMG 8312
IMG 8313
IMG 8314
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

little early flower updates.
Roots have broken soil. should I cover with perlite ? or just leave them be, they look healthy too !
Removed some of the lower growth, nothing crazy. Already playing with fire here, very unstable genetics, and GG#4 tends to herm. One plant was a tester as I went a little harder with her defoliation, but again nothing crazy. When doing this, I aim for damaged leaves at 50% plus damage, if they can't do their job efficiently, they're just sucking energy. The leaves with some damage will remain, but will later be catabolized by the plant as they mature. I don't like to defoliate, at all, but things are getting a bit stuffy. Could never justify cutting up healthy growth for no reason. Till next update, stay golden folks.

IMG 8331
IMG 8332
IMG 8333
IMG 8335
IMG 8336
IMG 8337
IMG 8341
IMG 8344
IMG 8345
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Little update. The larger potted gals were much slower to flower. The one in the smallest pot has been further away into flower. I have yet to get a loop to check tricombes. How long away am I ? I did not expect to have these ladies in here for this long, and they definitely outgrew the space for what were supposed to be low and bushy autos.

IMG 8458
IMG 8459
IMG 8460
IMG 8462
IMG 8463
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

new supplemental light for $40 ? Why not. 85 true watts, 3500k.

Screen Shot 2020 03 09 at 111059 AM
Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Hey bro. I'd say you have at lease a few more weeks with those ladies. To avoid that kind of stretching I will low stress train maybe 7 or 8 times, moving the scrog up with the canopy. Every time a couple stems get longer than the rest I train them.
That light has a passive heat sink so you will need an exhaust fan and a fan to blow on that light constantly if you don't want your tent to get hot.
Good luck. Looks like you'll still get a decent harvest!

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Didn't want to leave this thread abandoned and owed it to all of who helped to show what came of this grow. Let me first say never buy bogus genetics. Always buy seeds from a reputable dealer. I tried these Blimburn brand seeds to get a smoke of my favorite bud. The plants were very resilient, even with all my cock ups, they still pulled through and gave me a decent crop. There were to many incosistencies in the phenotypes, non were the same. Each smelt differently yet had a piney fruity notes. Two smelt of over ripe pomelo rind lol, the other was more a a fuel type smell with fruity sativa notes that I'm use to. I'm really not sure as to what the original cut of gg4 grew as, but I the smoke always hit me heavy. I did experiment with harvest times, some too early which produced a slight buzz, but just nothing really there. The two after had largely cloudy, no amber. Smoke is a decent one, nothing crazy, not GG4 ! I'm still waiting on the last lady as I want more ambers as Ive realized that for this sativa I like 30-40 amber on her. Overall kinda wasted my time, but not really, learned more than I can ever imagine, met a group of enthusiastic professionals and amateurs a like with the greater goal of growing some dank. Really happy to be here, and hey got something to do while in quarantine, and being in prohibition country, couldn't be happier saluting these corrupt governing bodies with a giant fuck you with the dank you guys have me growing. Anyhooo lets get some pictures.

Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82708 PM

Pre-harvest of 2-4
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82858 PM
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82916 PM
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82928 PM
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82935 PM

Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82742 PM
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82801 PM

Last girl going strong 120 days in šŸ˜‚ "fast high yielding autos".
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82652 PM
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82717 PM
Screen Shot 2020 04 25 at 82728 PM

Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice work ! The way I look at is even my garbage is better than most smoke I can buy at 150-200 zip! And that donā€™t look like garbage !

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Nice work ! The way I look at is even my garbage is better than most smoke I can buy at 150-200 zip! And that donā€™t look like garbage !
you couldn't have said It any better ! now if I get pubes in my weed I know its my pubes ! It's honestly not even close to gg4 what could they have possibly passed as gg4 ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Itā€™s a genetics thing fir sure, especially with autos they are trying to replicate a photo strain it gets pretty complicated for me but Iā€™ve found no consistency from any one breeder yet, let alone from a strain. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have to switch to photos to get any reliable consistent genetics

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Itā€™s a genetics thing fir sure, especially with autos they are trying to replicate a photo strain it gets pretty complicated for me but Iā€™ve found no consistency from any one breeder yet, let alone from a strain. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have to switch to photos to get any reliable consistent genetics
I just use autos for now until I can get a hold of a tent. I have enough lights for a decent harvest, but I can't maintain a light leak or a constant environment in my closet with doors closed. I was honestly naive, but a couple of joints get you pretty nicely toasted. I do have a crop king ww auto which im thinking will give me a nice kick

Latest posts

Top Bottom