first grow diary. day 3 flowering. soil. different strains. indoors.

• Thread starter dican01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

dican01 those are some beautiful plant's!
Awesome job bro!:rasta2:
Gotta love the Root's!

D

dican01

Thanx Bro! Im assuming you feed water, water, then feed again? :thinking

i feed with every watering pretty much. rarely do they get just reverse osmosis water. last week or two only really. with all the goodies i give them, i have to spread that out over a couple of waterings or else my ppm's would be way too high. i don't use a ph pen or a ec/tds meter so i keep it to about 3-5 TBS per gallon per watering depending on what they are getting. i used to check ph and such, i just don't anymore. way too much hassle for me. i hand water so that can get ridiculous. with RO water and soil, you really don't need to worry about all that imo.

Nice grow/variety dican01 :nod Cant wait to see the results!

thanks! i am excited. going to be some good ones for sure. working on cultivating patience for now and focusing on the veg so that i can get another one in there right after.

dican01 those are some beautiful plant's!
Awesome job bro!:rasta2:
Gotta love the Root's!

appreciate that! i have yet to be disappointed with roots organics. i am not even interested in switching nutrients or soil at this point. only things i might add are from soul synthetics, roots organics sister company. their amino aide and big swell look pretty good. might have to fit those in pretty soon.

D

dican01

veg update 9-17

just transplanted about a week ago and they are already looking so healthy. going to take clones in a week or two from the veg tent.

veg_9-17_01.jpg

veg_9-17_02.jpg

pine tar kush
veg_9-17_pine_tar_kush.jpg

i will update the flower room later tonight when the lights come on.

D

dican01

flower room day 28

here is my weekly update.

hell's angel's og
flower_day_28_hells_angels_og.jpg

dj's flo
flower_day_28_flo1.jpg

flower_day_28_flo2.jpg

chimera's mental floss
flower_day_28_mental_floss.jpg

grape ape
flower_day_28_grape_ape.jpg

dj's blueberry
flower_day_28_blueberry.jpg

banana og from orgnkid, cali kush seeds
flower_day_28_banana_og.jpg

shiskeberry
flower_day_28_shiskeberry.jpg

getting ready for the fall. happy farming.

D

dican01

flower room day 35

getting much bigger this past week. and this next week should be even better. it is really starting to smell great in there.
i will start flushing flo pretty soon.

some pictures.

flo
flower_room_day_35_flo1.jpg

mental floss
flower_room_day_35_mental_floss.jpg

f13
flower_room_day_35_f13.jpg

blue dot
flower_room_day_35_blue_dot.jpg

and a pic of the veg tent, coming along quite nice.
veggy1.jpg

veggy2.jpg

F

frostedlove

nice work

Looking good Bro
I am at week 5 with roots and it my first grow (ever) but can't complain
I am using the bud swell and amino aid as wel
cant judge a lot of my progress cause I got micro grow

but all in all i am stoked
on there line of products

waayne

waayne

Killer line up man!!!
You sure have those girl's
lovin life!!!:rock

D

dican01

Looking good Bro
I am at week 5 with roots and it my first grow (ever) but can't complain
I am using the bud swell and amino aid as wel
cant judge a lot of my progress cause I got micro grow

thanks man. i am hopefully getting the whole soul synthetics line soon and will be testing it side by side with the roots organics line. i hear it is very similar to botanicare's pure blend pro line. i used to use them before roots with really good results and am interested to see how the soul synthetics line is. i know it is more water soluble and also ph balanced, which both work better with my system of hand watering with RO water and not checking for ph. the roots buddha grow and bloom sometimes get stuck in my watering cans as they are sandy/muddy.

Killer line up man!!!
You sure have those girl's
lovin life!!!:rock
thanks waayne! this batch is doing pretty good. i have done much better with good seeds though so far. looks like i am only going to get like 2-3 real keepers from this batch of 14 supposed "elite" clones. hoping to have better luck with the next batch and thinking of purchasing some more seed soon also.

F

frostedlove

Got question for ya.......I am 5 1/2 weeks or so.......how long do you flush your plants for running the roots line?

thought you would have full first hand experience with the stuff.......

Oh I hate the ph thing.....I got to get RO water cause our SF water is NAR
I brita filter mine now but PHing it is a nightmare...

D

dican01

Got question for ya.......I am 5 1/2 weeks or so.......how long do you flush your plants for running the roots line?

thought you would have full first hand experience with the stuff.......

Oh I hate the ph thing.....I got to get RO water cause our SF water is NAR
I brita filter mine now but PHing it is a nightmare...

it really depends on the soil you are using and the strains you are growing. in roots organics soil, i will flush for 1-2 weeks depending on things. in a soil more amended like fox farm ocean forest, i might flush for 2-3 weeks.
i know people who only flush for a week. it all depends on how much unused nutrients are left in the soil. at 5 1/2 weeks, i would probably start pretty soon unless you know they will take longer than 8 weeks.
if you live in san fransisco, your guys water system is getting way too old and the quality is pretty bad. get yourself a RO system when you get the cash money, your plants will love it.

F

frostedlove

I am running the roots organics coco mix.....strains are 7-10 week strains and already getting a little yellow on the leaves from natural flush...

thanks for the info bro..

D

dican01

veg update 10-01

pretty busy week. got some large adjust a wings and am pretty excited about them. they are huge. took about 60 clones yesterday from the tent (about 5 of each) and did some pruning. also acquired a couple of new clones. og (sativa) from oaksterdam and hashberry.
here is what i am talking about...
adjust_a_wing1.jpg

adjust_a_wing.jpg

veg_10-01_01.jpg

veg_10-01_3.jpg

veg_10-01_pruning.jpg

veg_10-01_2.jpg

veg_10-01_clones.jpg

i will update the flower room in a little bit.

D

dican01

flower room day 42

looking and smelling real good. pictures came out kind of lame. some came out good, others not so much. i apologize. i will be getting a new camera after this harvest.
here they are.

mental floss
flower_room_day_42_mental_floss1.jpg

flower_room_day_42_mental_floss2.jpg

flo
flower_room_day_42_flo.jpg

hells angels og
flower_room_day_42_haog.jpg

blue moonshine (best smelling in the bunch)
flower_room_day_42_blue_moonshine.jpg

blue dot
flower_room_day_42_blue_dot.jpg

blueberry
flower_room_day_42_blueberry.jpg

f13
flower_room_day_42_f13.jpg

Chemdog D
flower_room_day_42_chemdawg_d.jpg

shiskeberry
flower_room_day_42_shiskeberry.jpg

time to flush almost all of em!

D

dican01

lets see the sour kush!

i will post a pic in the morning. when the lights are on the camera i have won't take good pictures. i brushed my hand against her yesterday while watering. was smelling my hand for and hour. unreal. looking forward to this one. this sour kush and the banana og i have are from orgnkid.

D

dican01

hey surfguy1936, here is some sour kush at day 45 for ya. almost ready to harvest, been flushing for about a week.

sour_kush_day_45.jpg

F

frostedlove

Plastic grow bags

Looking GOOD!

I got a question.....How you like growing in those grow bags? ANy problems? have you grown in other things and noticed any difference compared too the different types.

D

dican01

Looking GOOD!

I got a question.....How you like growing in those grow bags? ANy problems? have you grown in other things and noticed any difference compared too the different types.

thanks frostedlove. grow bags suck imo. i do not like them. the only reason i am using them is that i can get 25 of them for 5 dollars. i have used plastic pots and 5 gallon buckets before and prefer both to bags. i will be getting some 5 gallon buckets soon. it is harder to pack soil into the bags and also harder to water and move them.

Top Bottom