First Grow Diary with Photos

• Thread starter Maxwax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maxwax

Maxwax

Setup: Mars Hydro 39 x 39 x 71" Tent. Mars FC-E4800 LED. 6 Inch exhaust fan currently vented outside with no carbon filter. Very efficient with a short 4 foot run to the window.
Nutrients: FF basic 3 way setup with Cal-Mag as an additive.
Soil: FF Happy Frog 100%
Strain: Dosi-Do from ILGM. All five germinated in 24 hours in paper towel.

Hi guys. First grow here. Planning on 3 plants indoors in 3 gallon square fabric pots and 2 plants outdoors in five gallon bags.

I live in southern Michigan.

My current plan is to be in veg in a week and start topping at node 3, then LST to canopy. I don't plan on feeding these plants for several weeks at least and maybe not until they tell me they're hungry. Im in chemical lawn care and understand plant deficiencies, PH, CEC, etc. but will thank yall in advance for any help you can give me nutrient wise or otherwise.

Currently we are in tent with germinated seed, 70/70 temp/humidity at IDK 28 inches and 300 PPFD/umols and Im smoking some Willies Kush Cake that claims to be 32.7% THC

Question: Since Im using HF soil that has Mychorrhizae should I add some no sulfur Molasses now and then in a watering to activate the Mycho's?

😀

First grow diary with photos
First grow diary with photos 2
First grow diary with photos 3
Maxwax

Maxwax

24 hours later, no sprouts yet. Abe the Inspector isn't worried. I increased my heat to around 80 degrees by increasing ppfd to 350 and turning off fan I didnt realize was running, and lowered humidity.

IMG 5476
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

You are coming up on those long Michigan days where the sun never sets, why not put one outdoors? I know humidity sucks but take advantage of the long days up there eh?

Maxwax

Maxwax

You are coming up on those long Michigan days where the sun never sets, why not put one outdoors? I know humidity sucks but take advantage of the long days up there eh?
Thats the plan. Im gonna put two outside on my deck in either 3 or 5 gallon bags. Probably when Im in week 3 of veg. Ill run out of room in this tent and the temps outside should be good.

Maxwax

Maxwax

So five days after putting seeds in paper towel and all five popped... I have 4 of 5 that have broken soil in small jiffy pots in tent light on 24 hours at 350 Umol/ 28" height. 55-70% H and I bumped the heat up to 80 degrees. Have first true leaves on 3 and the fourth is now unfolding as it just emerged this morning. So far everythings going to plan. Im bringing my water down to 6.5- 6.6 PH for misting.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Well four of five have popped soil showing first set and are 1.5-2 inches tall. The fifth one didnt pop soil yet. I gently found it and reset it in the soil ( I know...but) I dont think its gonna make it but I have 4 healthy ladies. I switched to 18-6. I also ordered 3 water meters Ill try in my bags to at least help with watering and it also gives some indication of soil PH. Ordered some Earth Juice Molasses to keep my mycos happy. Im also really happy with the fact that I can keep an eye on my plants and therm/hygro with a ring camera and my humidifier is wifi and adjustable as well....lol

Maxwax

Maxwax

1 Week: Noticed very minor mildew with my hand lens so I increased ventilation and added a second fan on low, and lowered humidity to 50% for now I had been hitting it hard in the 70-72% range for the last few days. Temp is 80 degrees. May have over watwered a bit too so Im letting the soil dry out till tomorrow. 3 are going great not too much stretch, one seems stunted and the under achiever but looks decent. Just not growing.

Maxwax

Maxwax

4 Days since emerging from soil.

Any ideas why the small one isnt growing? I noticed small woodish type chip in the FF HF soil base and wondered if the tap roots blocked so I aerated with a toothpick and felt a blockage I cleared. That was yesterday.

Looks healthy even under a 40X. I get under achievers but this ones not growing. Yet anyhow.

Bottom pics from my ring cam. I dig not having to go up and bother them and still monitor whats going on. My humidifiers wifi too.

IMG 5499
IMG 5500
IMG 5506
Maxwax

Maxwax

6 Days: Lots of good spread on the three all the way to edge of pot. The small ones growing and showing second set but 75% slower than the other three. No light changes, and keeping temps and humidity in the mid 70's.

What I thought might be early minor mildew turns out to be humidifier dust.

Im also using minor molasses in my last few days waterings. No ill affects but the soil seems to retain moisture better. I know its not typically used until flower but its also giving me control of any gnat larvae that potentially could be in the soil and its feeding my microbes.

Wont be transplanting for a week at least but whats anyones thoughts on planting the jiffy pots in the new soil. Maybe slitting them a bit for good measure. By the time I plant they will be fairly broken down. Releasing them from the pots isnt a problem but direct would be easier.

Maxwax

Maxwax

1 Week: Little ones still working and the other three are doing really well. Im super happy with the stretch being only 1.5 inches at most and my soil is needing watered less as I have been hitting vapor density numbers. No changes planned for 1 more week, then Ill slowly move from 350 umol to 600. Ill transplant in 10 days or so....to 3 gallon bags. Im planning three inside and one outside so the slow grower is the outdoor plant at this stage....cant put anything out there for weeks yet.

IMG 5520
Maxwax

Maxwax

9 Days: Big growth and a lot of photosynthesis going on. Even Mini Me is growing. I had planned on slowly increasing umol from 350 to 550 over the next week and because of the growth the plants are closer to the light and now getting 400 umols all on their own. No stretch either so these have to be rooting like crazy.

Im at 28" and hope to not have to move the light until flower. Moving VPD into Veg numbers and dropping humidity into the 60s.

I over watered a small amount and noticed minor droop so were letting them dry out.

Just gonna let them do their thing until I need to meddle.

IMG 5528
Maxwax

Maxwax

2 Weeks:

Coming along nice even mini me if coppin a gear! Lights at 550/umol. Not sure how far the light is and dont care. Its right whatever it is! Its 24 inches roughly.

No nutes for the FFHF yet but going to add some light N and FF Big Bloom which is bat guano and sitch this week (week 3). Ill tease it with some Molasses again too. Possibly some light Cal-Mag as well.

The one with the fat leaves is over watered. (All 3 are actually.) Im in a dry out cycle now except for mini me which is still thirsty.

VPD is good.

Ill be topping soon....but its not scheduled. This week more than likely. I need more definition before Im comfortable making my move.

IMG 5540
IMG 5539
IMG 5538
IMG 5536
IMG 5537
IMG 5534
Last edited:
Maxwax

Maxwax

The fact that theres one small one is ok. Shes going outside in a 3 or 5 gallon pot the day I put the three into flower.

You can sure see this is an Indica heavy strain with the size of those fans. Ill be taking a lot off later in the grow Im certain.

Last edited:
Maxwax

Maxwax

Day 15: First feed. 3 tsp/gal FF Big Bloom which is a small amount of P and K through Guano and Castings.
1/2 tsp/gal Cal-Mag.
1 tsp/gal Molasses

What Im looking for now is distinct topping points and one more node which should be this week, then let them recover for three days then transplant into 3 gallon grow bags. OR if anyone reads this would you transplant then top. Transplanting to me if done right causes very litte stress and the plants may even like being handled imo. The sure do after the fact.

Top Bottom