First grow ever Am I doing something right or wrong

• Thread starter sjs1488
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sjs1488

This seedling is a week old today and I'm not sure if it is to short but it is really nice as far as leaf size right I have it in composted manure and pearlite 50|50 mix heat at 80 and trying to keep rh up but drops down to 50 most of the time so I spray inside of tote with VEVO kelp and calmag i sprayed daily with remos VEVO kelp and calmag very light mix 1ml each per half gallon and just started spraying the soil with grow micro VEVO and calmag today will do so again in 4 days if soil dries out b4 I'll water with 50 ml 6.5 pH water first grow so I'm a nervous Nancy lol also under phlizon 1000watt at 100% about 36 inches above [I know a lil light closer would do better but trying to keep temperature up as I am growing in a cold basement
First grow ever am i doing something right or wrong 3
First grow ever am i doing something right or wrong 2
First grow ever am i doing something right or wrong

S

sjs1488

And one more thing how long should I leave the seedlings in the pots they're in b4 up potting to the 5 gal and should I step up in-between

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

And one more thing how long should I leave the seedlings in the pots they're in b4 up potting to the 5 gal and should I step up in-between

Seedling looks good.

Wait until you have around 5 or 6 nodes before you transplant them. Your pots look like gallon pots so you really don't need to repot for a while. You could veg until you're a couple weeks out from flip and transplant them.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I saw you said a 1000w phlizon light, is that a true 1k or an equivalent light? I would imagine it’s “comparable” to 1,000w or your tent would be pushing 85f easily with the exhaust at 100%.

Can you post your light and manufacturer specs?

S

sjs1488

I saw you said a 1000w phlizon light, is that a true 1k or an equivalent light? I would imagine it’s “comparable” to 1,000w or your tent would be pushing 85f easily with the exhaust at 100%.

It draws 1000 watts from the wall and the photone app says it's real close to the ppfd stated as well
Screenshot 20230328 124608
Screenshot 20230328 124749

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

@sjs1488

Sprouts look good rich and dark.

First, once the sprouts pop out of the soil loose the dome. Just water lightly around the stem, like an inch or so. Just enough that the roots can stretch out and chase the water.

I don’t mist seedlings normally, just clones. I’d let them get bigger first. Then maybe foliar spray depending how they look.

Keep humidity around 50-60% is fine. You don’t want things damp or over watered.

Feel free to ask questions or poke me if you need to.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

@sjs1488

First, once the sprouts pop out of the soil loose the dome. Just water lightly around the stem, like an inch or so. Just enough that the roots can stretch out and chase the water.

I don’t mist seedlings normally, just clones. I’d let them get bigger first. Then maybe foliar spray depending how they look.

Keep humidity around 50-60% is fine. You don’t want things damp or over watered.

I feel like this is kind of a loaded question. 50% - 60% humidity is passable but higher humidity in early development is almost always better for overall plant health in that early stage. Obviously high humidity environments present their own problems but I think with proper air circulation and cleanliness protocols those problems can be minimized and managed and still be able to provide the best environment for our plants to thrive in.

My early seedlings through early veg get humidity levels averaging around 70% - 80% consistently and, so far, I haven't had any mold or mildew issues. I'm currently in week 2 of flower and the humidity in the tent hasn't gone below 60% throughout and has spent most of its time in the 70% - 75% range. I'll start lowering the humidity after week 6 but moreso to stress them to produce the desired effect rather than any issues with disease or pests.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I feel like this is kind of a loaded question. 50% - 60% humidity is passable but higher humidity in early development is almost always better for overall plant health in that early stage.
Okay. 50% to 70% is fine. If he can only do 50 to 60 without the dome isn’t that okay?

What’s better, leaving the dome or removing it?

Obviously high humidity environments present their own problems but I think with proper air circulation and cleanliness protocols those problems can be minimized and managed and still be able to provide the best environment for our plants to thrive in.
True. But this is simply so he can remove the dome without worrying his humidity is to low. Nothing more.

My early seedlings through early veg get humidity levels averaging around 70% - 80% consistently and, so far, I haven't had any mold or mildew issues.
Excellent. Totally different scenario from OP. He has sprouts about 1.5” in a dome with mist all over the sides.

I’m not even worried about mold at this point. Just all the water.

I'm currently in week 2 of flower and the humidity in the tent hasn't gone below 60% throughout and has spent most of its time in the 70% - 75% range.
I’m glad you found your zone and it’s working for you.

Would you recommend all people in their second week of flower keep humidity at 75%?

I'll start lowering the humidity after week 6 but moreso to stress them to produce the desired effect rather than any issues with disease or pests.
I try to keep things simpler for beginners and myself.

Again. This was simply a reassurance that removing the dome and going between 50% and 60% humidity isn’t a major problem.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

As long as he can keep the general humidity levels around the 70% range I would say he doesn't need the dome but if he can't keep it that high consistently then the dome is a good idea to keep on to maintain those levels. Does he have a way to monitor humidity in the dome like a mini hygrometer? That would allow him a way to monitor the dome environment and make sure his humidity levels are good.

He could probably keep the domes off and it wouldn't do much harm but if he's trying to otpimize every stage then these are the levels he needs to try and maintain.

S

sjs1488

As long as he can keep the general humidity levels around the 70% range I would say he doesn't need the dome but if he can't keep it that high consistently then the dome is a good idea to keep on to maintain those levels. Does he have a way to monitor humidity in the dome like a mini hygrometer? That would allow him a way to monitor the dome environment and make sure his humidity levels are good.

He could probably keep the domes off and it wouldn't do much harm but if he's trying to otpimize every stage then these are the levels he needs to try and maintain.
I have my ac infinity 6in fan vented into the dome with temp and rh sensor in dome and another AC infinity 6in in tent with separate temp and humidity sensor in tent tent I keep cooler and rh in basement and tent stay around 50 or below so I spray dome 2 or 3 times a day as needed to bring the rh back up between 70 and 80 but the fan dries the dome out everytime it kicks on

2Bad

2Bad

I have my ac infinity 6in fan vented into the dome with temp and rh sensor in dome and another AC infinity 6in in tent with separate temp and humidity sensor in tent tent I keep cooler and rh in basement and tent stay around 50 or below so I spray dome 2 or 3 times a day as needed to bring the rh back up between 70 and 80 but the fan dries the dome out everytime it kicks on
don't spray the top of ur dome at least. it just keeps dripping on top of ur soil/plants.

S

sjs1488

My temp in my basement is always between 55 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit so I think that's y it stays around 80ish if I turn my temp that high on my fan but the basement makes it easy to keep temps cool

S

sjs1488

Got to agree with Zen.. here's an opion: I think the faster the drybacks the quicker the growth. Again. It's an opinion.
I water around the stem about every 4ish days with 50 ml nute solution it calls for 5ml per gal so I've been using 1.5 ml per gal of remos VEVO kelp, calmag, micro and grow

S

sjs1488

@sjs1488

I have been spraying with VEVO kelp and calmag everyday seems to be doing very well

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ah, cool. Nothing wrong with that.

I’ve been looking at this from the position he just needs to get past this point rather than get it as good as possible. Then do better next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom