First grow ever Am I doing something right or wrong

• Thread starter sjs1488
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sjs1488

@Zen_Seeker I have a technical question if I collided silver a skunk #1 and gorilla glue #4 fast version and breed s+s , s+g , g+g , g+s how different will the strains be will it be worth the work in your opinion (s = skunk and g =gorilla glue)

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

@Zen_Seeker I have a technical question if I collided silver a skunk #1 and gorilla glue #4 fast version and breed s+s , s+g , g+g , g+s how different will the strains be will it be worth the work in your opinion (s = skunk and g =gorilla glue)
Way above my pay grade brother. 🤣

Opinions are like butt cracks, everyone has one.

Seriously I don’t follow or chase strains. They come and go and I can never find them again. I just pop the seeds a buddy gives me a few times a year. 😝

Cannagranny or Goodshit97, or any staff would be better to ask.

Sorry man.
Zen

S

sjs1488

Way above my pay grade brother. 🤣

Opinions are like butt cracks, everyone has one.

Seriously I don’t follow or chase strains. They come and go and I can never find them again. I just pop the seeds a buddy gives me a few times a year. 😝

Cannagranny or Goodshit97, or any staff would be better to ask.

Sorry man.
Zen
Np prob

S

sjs1488

Np prob
PXL 20230330 112939556
PXL 20230330 113018480

Check out what I just found in my aloe plant

B

Ballisticsuk

Use colloidal silver to back cross the baby with the mama then back cross these baby's with papa

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Use colloidal silver to back cross the baby with the mama then back cross these baby's with papa
No to jack the tread but what does the colloidal silver do?

Isn’t that the same stuff my dad, I mean older people, use that can turn your fingernails blue?

NM - looked it up. Very cool!!

B

Ballisticsuk

No to jack the tread but what does the colloidal silver do?

Isn’t that the same stuff my dad, I mean older people, use that can turn your fingernails blue?

NM - looked it up. Very cool!!

It turns parts you spray male on a fem plant these sacs can be used to then produce feminised seeds by back crossing

B

Ballisticsuk

It turns parts you spray male on a fem plant these sacs can be used to then produce feminised seeds by back crossing
You can use the pollen created on any other female plant you desire so if you do this to each strain and collect the pollen you can then back cross all combo nations in one grow using 1 mum of each and crossing selected branches near the bottom so the tops are still smokable

B

Ballisticsuk

You can use the pollen created on any other female plant you desire so if you do this to each strain and collect the pollen you can then back cross all combo nations in one grow using 1 mum of each and crossing selected branches near the bottom so the tops are still smokable
Saves time and patience and the results are good

S

sjs1488

If you save some pollen to and grow one of the new seeds and take 8 cuttings off then back cross the combinations again you may even begin to stabalise a strain keep going and f1 will be the end result perfect uniform every seed
What is considered stable 80% 90% of seeds are the same when grown or 100%

S

sjs1488

If you save some pollen to and grow one of the new seeds and take 8 cuttings off then back cross the combinations again you may even begin to stabalise a strain keep going and f1 will be the end result perfect uniform every seed
I was planning on crossing 2 strains both ways and then picking cream of crop next grow so then I should cross those back with original pollinator correct and then use same pollen again on next seeds and repeat the process until X amount uniform correct

B

Ballisticsuk

I was planning on crossing 2 strains both ways and then picking cream of crop next grow so then I should cross those back with original pollinator correct and then use same pollen again on next seeds and repeat the process until X amount uniform correct
Once you find your best pheno then keep a mother for cuttings and re dust her back to herself using pollen created from her this means the colonial silver method to regain some pollen but back crossing creates uniformity.
You can take it to far and ruin a strain I havnt done any for a few years now lol but I once created a strain called
Joe mangino it was nirvana mango x nirvana white rhino.

The mango mum pulled just shy oof 13 oz the white rhino 9. The cross seeds produced were on the lower side of the yeild so I back crossed it to increase yeild twice then once back with the rhino for flavour I ran it a few times and managed to have 2 dif phenos which was pretty good considering it was my first and only attempt at it.

It's hard work

S

sjs1488

I have read everything that there is on royal queen seeds lol but they didn't explain it in detail ok so if I keep back crossing I can get mutations so I was thinking if I keep seeds from first "stableish" cross I could collided silver 2 or 3 crosses in and go back to moms seeds and then would it stabilize it even further?

S

sjs1488

Once you find your best pheno then keep a mother for cuttings and re dust her back to herself using pollen created from her this means the colonial silver method to regain some pollen but back crossing creates uniformity.
You can take it to far and ruin a strain I havnt done any for a few years now lol but I once created a strain called
Joe mangino it was nirvana mango x nirvana white rhino.

The mango mum pulled just shy oof 13 oz the white rhino 9. The cross seeds produced were on the lower side of the yeild so I back crossed it to increase yeild twice then once back with the rhino for flavour I ran it a few times and managed to have 2 dif phenos which was pretty good considering it was my first and only attempt at it.

It's hard work
I love the work and I have absolutely nothing else to do I'm a recovering addict and this is my rehab it keeps me sober and I love everything about it I wanna do it all and i don't half ass anything I wanna make a stable cross between skunk#1 and gg#4 fast version and call it silver back billy after my buddy that grew this skunk #1 outside kinda land race style

B

Ballisticsuk

I love the work and I have absolutely nothing else to do I'm a recovering addict and this is my rehab it keeps me sober and I love everything about it I wanna do it all and i don't half ass anything
Good on you bro nice to see Mary Jane has even more quality uses
It's fun don't get me wrong but it can go south pretty quick if you are trying to get smokable in the same room you have to be on it like a whippet

S

sjs1488

Good on you bro nice to see Mary Jane has even more quality uses
It's fun don't get me wrong but it can go south pretty quick if you are trying to get smokable in the same room you have to be on it like a whippet
Was planning on making like a bag system to slide over select branches so I can spray collided silver on select branches and then pollinate those same branches with different pollen and the same pollen or would I have to take cuttings from each plant so I can let the pollen mature

B

Ballisticsuk

Was planning on making like a bag system to slide over select branches so I can spray collided silver on select branches and then pollinate those same branches with different pollen and the same pollen or would I have to take cuttings from each plant so I can let the pollen mature
The smallest micron bag 20micron or less

Top Bottom