First Grow Ever(outdoor Journal)

• Thread starter Bakataha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bakataha

Bakataha

I do have a ph meter! Ordered it off of amazon before they went into the ground :). As for bug preventing, I have a big ol bottle of Neem Oil for my plants, when the time comes, and in my garage, I have all kinds of pesticides I could use on the rose bushes, I've just been hesitant to use the pesticides anywhere near my young plants. It's supposed to rain all day where I'm at today, so I have my plants inside with me today inder a cfl. I turned the cfl on them today when the sun was coming up since their used to the natural light cycle. We'll have the full 12 hours of daylight here really soon :)

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

You wanna have atleast 3 different bug/spider mite for instance i have azamax as a kill all, green clean , neem oil, jack's caterpillar spray, bugs tend to get use to the same spray so you change it up on them , i keep it at a very small dose , if anything pops up, just up dose spray every 3days

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

You wanna have atleast 3 different bug/spider mite sprays , for instance i have azamax as a kill all, green clean , neem oil, jack's caterpillar spray, bugs tend to get use to the same spray so you change it up on them , i keep it at a very small dose , if anything pops up, just up dose spray every 3days

Bakataha

Bakataha

Wtf happened to this leaf? This is the only leaf that did this on all of the plants? All the fingers are like, webbed? It's just one solid leaf i guess would be the best way to put it. This is also the plant that has the absolute slowest growth.

Bakataha

Bakataha

Thanks for the quick response @THCdurk :) I wasnt too worried about it, I was just like :o. I've seen pics of some plants growing pretty twisted and funky, so I'm assuming this is just one of the bunch. We'll grow it out, and see where it gets us.

SEED UPDATE: I found a potentially viable seed in what was supposedly some tahoe og from a dispensary here in so cal so I may try to germ this baby soon, but it's not all thick and brown. I've heard some softer seeds are better. Wouldn't hurt to try

Bakataha

Bakataha

Another question, are they showing sex already? I feared an early flower, but I bring them in at night under a cfl. If they're flowering already, nbd to me. Just a smaller yield, and I'll just bring them in and throw them in my closet so it's dark, so they don't reveg.

Bakataha

Bakataha

Gave these little girls a ph adjusted watering today. Ph at 6.4. This is honestly the first watering where I ph adjusted. Been doing more research in the forums here, and i read that cannabis needs a ph of 5.5-6.5 to really suck up those vital nutes, so I hopped on that right away. I'm currently just using lemons to drop my ph. I have a lemon tree that I never utilize, so I figured it was time.

Bakataha

Bakataha

Also, when should I give these things their first nutrient feeding? And how often should i give them the nutrients? Like every couple of waterings? And are they too small to be almost one month old?

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Also, when should I give these things their first nutrient feeding? And how often should i give them the nutrients? Like every couple of waterings? And are they too small to be almost one month old?View attachment 582488
You're using that ph meter to measure soil ph? Euh.. Didn't know that was working. I always thought they were for testing water solutions only... I've got the same btw... Hehe... And I'm really not a specialst on that subject so I might be utterly wrong, but I think measuring ph on top of the soil won't give a decent reading anyways? Maybe someone could clear this up? Hehe...

Bakataha

Bakataha

Broooo, noooo!!! Hahha I just put it up to the plant for size reference. Please kill me if I ever tried to do that :D. That being explained, are they small for almost a month? They're just outdoor plants. I feel like I've looked up pics of month old plants/ seen some on here, and I feel like they're bigger, but i think a lot of them were on indoor light schedules. I'm just afraid they're too slow.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Gave these little girls a ph adjusted watering today. Ph at 6.4. This is honestly the first watering where I ph adjusted. Been doing more research in the forums here, and i read that cannabis needs a ph of 5.5-6.5 to really suck up those vital nutes, so I hopped on that right away. I'm currently just using lemons to drop my ph. I have a lemon tree that I never utilize, so I figured it was time.
You can give them a very light dose of nutes , check their raction, i do a feed,feed, water at 1/4 strength, with seedling i would stick with ph water for now, or you can make a compost tea 1 gal water, 1/2 cup worm castings, tbsp seaweed extract/ bioweed, tsp of molasses i ph at 6.7 for seedlings

Bakataha

Bakataha

I have to give it some sugars here for the life in my soil, I believe. I was going to throw some organic honey, and unsulfured molasses in the water, and I was definitely going to start at 1/4 my recommended nutes to start. I'm just afraid to give them nutes too early, and burn them. Poor things have already been burned by the sun.I would love to make a compost tea, but I don't have an air pump to brew the goods :(. I need one for next year, as I'm going to try the legend's @GrowingGreen living soil.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I have to give it some sugars here for the life in my soil, I believe. I was going to throw some organic honey, and unsulfured molasses in the water, and I was definitely going to start at 1/4 my recommended nutes to start. I'm just afraid to give them nutes too early, and burn them. Poor things have already been burned by the sun.I would love to make a compost tea, but I don't have an air pump to brew the goods :(. I need one for next year, as I'm going to try the legend's @GrowingGreen living soil.
EcoPlus 728450 1 to 18W Single Outlet Commercial Air Pump, 793 GPH
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JLJC0W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_CZB6wbJWDZQQ2

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Broooo, noooo!!! Hahha I just put it up to the plant for size reference. Please kill me if I ever tried to do that :D. That being explained, are they small for almost a month? They're just outdoor plants. I feel like I've looked up pics of month old plants/ seen some on here, and I feel like they're bigger, but i think a lot of them were on indoor light schedules. I'm just afraid they're too slow.View attachment 582514View attachment 582515
Rofl!!! Yeah, great, now I do feel 'slightly' stupid! Lol! Actuall I was even wondering why there was no reading on the screen and if the cap was still on the pen after posting the comment. Rofl. I guess my post has just made it in the top 10 of the most useless and dumbest comments on this site haha! Oooops... Sorry man!!! Kinda skipped the is it too small part somehow...
:p

Bakataha

Bakataha

Nooooo, dude! I appreciate your concerns for the otherwise noob. Gosh, I would hope someone would help the poor person that is trying to read the soil ph like that. No harm done, you're just trying to help! Thank you, bretheren:smoking:. It truly does mean a lot to me that someone even takes a second out of their day to help someone that they don't even know. Sorry for sounding all feelsy, I'm just a crazy:D. Kush helps;)

Bakataha

Bakataha

Suuuuper hoodrat seedling starting area. Moved it to my closet. Also, the bulb on this lamp is a higher K than the other one i had it under. These seedlings were just getting too burnt up by the sun today. It's intense and very hot out here. The older ones can hang, but these cannot. I also gave the older ones a 1/4 dose feeding today, with a little honey in there for the microbial life in my soil. Hopefully they pick up a little more :) bad burns on the close up pic. Yikes. Cursed so cal desert climate:(

Bakataha

Bakataha

After giving them their first feeding with 1/4 recommended nutrients, they leaves look pretty damn droopy, which I've heard can mean maybe nitrogen toxicity?

Top Bottom