First Grow, First Diary, follow along with me on this long ride...

• Thread starter RGWD0202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RGWD0202

Just to chime in on the number of plants bit. I'm also a first time grower so learning a lot.
My advice would be to know what you're going to grow.
I've a 2.5 x 2.5 and stuck 3 in there on my first grow. 4 of my little cute creme brulee would have been fine (although I think she got stunted early on). However, my tent would suit just 1 vertigo 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know my next grow so going to do 2 plants, RQS F1 medusa's. They'll be on the shorter bushier side so I'm confident that, a 5 gal pot in opposite corners while training the plants into the empty space beside each pot, with a nice defloration of the lower vegetation as they flower will utilise the space pretty well.
I'm actually far more excited about my second grow than I was of the first, going towards it with the experience I've learned from this one.

I'll let you figure out which plant is which 😆View attachment 2111642View attachment 2111642
Thanks for the info! I’m guessing the vertigo isn’t the front right… 😂 some really nice looking plants by the way is the Vertigo a sativa?

I’m also really looking forward to my 2nd grow especially with how these are starting to turn out. I knew things were going to good, I was expecting a hickup but not like this. But that’s how we learn. Don’t use bag seeds is the biggest lesson I’ve learned so far. I am going with 3 in my 4x2. I believe G13, LSD and an OG Kush on the next attempt. I used one of the codes from the seed deals page and will be getting 3 F1 Orion and an OG Kush for free with an order of Pink Runtz… Not really familiar with F1 strains but from what I can tell they are autos that produce a good yield with a higher thc compared to autos. Ive never grown either so I really am not sure.

B

bloodeye

Thanks for the info! I’m guessing the vertigo isn’t the front right… 😂 some really nice looking plants by the way is the Vertigo a sativa?

I’m also really looking forward to my 2nd grow especially with how these are starting to turn out. I knew things were going to good, I was expecting a hickup but not like this. But that’s how we learn. Don’t use bag seeds is the biggest lesson I’ve learned so far. I am going with 3 in my 4x2. I believe G13, LSD and an OG Kush on the next attempt. I used one of the codes from the seed deals page and will be getting 3 F1 Orion and an OG Kush for free with an order of Pink Runtz… Not really familiar with F1 strains but from what I can tell they are autos that produce a good yield with a higher thc compared to autos. Ive never grown either so I really am not sure.
Thanks fella. Your grow looks like it's gone well other than the herms as well. May have done you a little favour in terms of space. I nearly had 4 after thinking some hadn't started but one didn't take after so stuck with three 🙄

To be honest I didn't know what I was growing. These were three of the free ones that came with ones I wanted. I knew they were autos but 100% suck it and see other than that. Sink or swim, how I approach most thing.

I've read quite a bit about these F1s and I think I'll stick to autos for the time being and these are getting good reviews.
If you do a diary when you do yours I'll follow along. I'll be doing one for mine, 1 in soil and one in coco. But I hear they're really easy to grow

R

RGWD0202

Thanks fella. Your grow looks like it's gone well other than the herms as well. May have done you a little favour in terms of space. I nearly had 4 after thinking some hadn't started but one didn't take after so stuck with three 🙄

To be honest I didn't know what I was growing. These were three of the free ones that came with ones I wanted. I knew they were autos but 100% suck it and see other than that. Sink or swim, how I approach most thing.

I've read quite a bit about these F1s and I think I'll stick to autos for the time being and these are getting good reviews.
If you do a diary when you do yours I'll follow along. I'll be doing one for mine, 1 in soil and one in coco. But I hear they're really easy to grow
Sounds like a plan, I’ll likely do it on the 3rd grow but might try to sneak one auto in there. I’ll follow your journal as well.

You aren’t wrong on the space, I needed it. The canopy was ridiculously thick. I follow the same plan of sink or swim. Figure things out as I go and hope it don’t break anything. Fairly certain they hermed because it’s bag seed. Guessing it was pollinated with a Hermes and it passed that gene along. Just hoping I get at least 2 females outta this grow but if not it’s been a good learning experience

R

RGWD0202

And then there were 2

After spending a few hours combing through the plants for male flowers and removing everyone I found, I found more today. Trying to find and remove every pollen sac for the next 6 weeks isn’t reasonable. I’ve thought it through and decided 2 remove the 2 herms. After removing them I fed the remaining 2 with GO Bloom, Roots organic CalMag, Raw Silica, and Earth Juice Microblaster.

Unfortunately of the 2 remaining plants, 1 happens to be my slowest grower. The other was my tallest. Not seeing any pollen sacs on either of these yet, but if I do I will be pressing the reset button. I learned a valuable lesson, don’t grow bag seed.

My plan for the next grow will be 3 feminized seeds, Premium Cultivars G13 and LSD and Royal Queen Seeds Pink Runtz. If anyone has any experience with any of these throw me some tips.

IMG 1643
IMG 1644
IMG 1645
IMG 1646
IMG 1650
IMG 1654
Bilber

Bilber

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it......

I just tossed two herms.....they might of been male, but they were rando seeds.....

That is another reason I like smaller plants......backups in case one needs to be evicted......

Great job so far.....

R

RGWD0202

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it......

I just tossed two herms.....they might of been male, but they were rando seeds.....

That is another reason I like smaller plants......backups in case one needs to be evicted......

Great job so far.....
Thanks, its been brutal and I’m really thinking these last two will herm on me as well. Not seeing any thing that resembles a male yet but I’m expecting it. It will be a lot of wasted time and resources but good educational value if I gotta chop em.

R

RGWD0202

26 days from flip-

I haven’t found any male flowers on these last 2. I’ve been searching daily. Hopefully it stays that way. Rearranged the plants to get the best light possible without burning them. Currently the top bud sites are only 9” from the light. Unable to LST any further, the branches are too hard and I don’t want to break anything.

IMG 1671
IMG 1670
IMG 1669
IMG 1672
R

RGWD0202

Morning feeding, increased the bloom to 15ml everything else stayed the same. However I increased the water to 1.25gal so not sure how that extra 5ml will affect things. Today is end of week 4 since flipping and everything appears to be going ok. No signs of these 2 herming like the others, but I’m still keeping a close eye and checking them a few times throughout the day.

I’m getting some curl on the fan leaves closest to the light but not much I can do at this point. Light is as close to the top of the tent as I can get it and can’t do any lst that will make a difference. Reduced lights to 70% from 76%. They seem a little thin but not really sure what to expect at this point. The way they’ve stood up after that Scrog came off is wild.

Any advice is welcome

IMG 1683
IMG 1681
IMG 1679
IMG 1675
IMG 1678
R

RGWD0202

Day 32 from flip.

Fed with my normal feeding, however I have removed the Raw silica. Continued with 15ml of General Organics Bloom per gallon. They seem to like it. I’m really not sure what to expect as far as bud development goes, from what I can find I think I’m just a tad on the small side compared to others. However the frost seems to be accumulating nicely.

I am going to add some support to the larger branches today and continue with my feeding regiment.

IMG 1732
IMG 1730
IMG 1727
R

RGWD0202

Day 37 from flip, temps are running low 70s, humidity is holding around 53%. Controller set to 48% but can’t seem to get it under 50%. Outside temps are a couple degrees warmer and about 15% lower on the humidity. I watered today, used just the calmag at 5ml per gallon and the general organics biothrive bloom at 15ml per gallon. My biggest issue is getting my light dialed in, I was running it at 74% but started getting tacoing and curling of my leaves so have been decreasing it. With the tops so close to the light it’s a difficult balancing act. I moved the highest bud sites to the outside of the light but the pods is still really high at 1800ish using the Photone app but the main canopy is reading somewhere between 550&700. So it has become difficult for a good even lighting of under 1000ppfd. I feel like the buds are not chunking up like I had expected, it could be genetics but im beginning to wonder if I’m missing something or have too much of something. It’s difficult to find a good organic bloom booster. The GO bloom is 2-4-4 would like more P and K. Some leaves are turning a purple color, the plant has had purple stems from day 1 so I believe this is more genetics than a deficiency or toxicity issue.

Anyone that views this able to see if my top buds look smaller than they should at this point in time?

IMG 1818
IMG 1823
IMG 1824
IMG 1825
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Day 37 from flip, temps are running low 70s, humidity is holding around 53%. Controller set to 48% but can’t seem to get it under 50%. Outside temps are a couple degrees warmer and about 15% lower on the humidity. I watered today, used just the calmag at 5ml per gallon and the general organics biothrive bloom at 15ml per gallon. My biggest issue is getting my light dialed in, I was running it at 74% but started getting tacoing and curling of my leaves so have been decreasing it. With the tops so close to the light it’s a difficult balancing act. I moved the highest bud sites to the outside of the light but the pods is still really high at 1800ish using the Photone app but the main canopy is reading somewhere between 550&700. So it has become difficult for a good even lighting of under 1000ppfd. I feel like the buds are not chunking up like I had expected, it could be genetics but im beginning to wonder if I’m missing something or have too much of something. It’s difficult to find a good organic bloom booster. The GO bloom is 2-4-4 would like more P and K. Some leaves are turning a purple color, the plant has had purple stems from day 1 so I believe this is more genetics than a deficiency or toxicity issue.

Anyone that views this able to see if my top buds look smaller than they should at this point in time?
Looking normal to me

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
They will fill out more in the final weeks. I'm always in a rush and don't get em to that point.
😆

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Thanks for looking and the response. I’m probably just being impatient. It’s a long process, I keep hearing and reading that they really fill out beginning week 5, I don’t really know what I was expecting.
Yea it's always longer flowering than ya think. Just wait and they should grow nice and chunky for ya. Unless the strain is a small yielder. Did you research the strain before you planted? Or learning as ya grow? 😃

R

RGWD0202

Yea it's always longer flowering than ya think. Just wait and they should grow nice and chunky for ya. Unless the strain is a small yielder. Did you research the strain before you planted? Or learning as ya grow? 😃
Appreciate it. Learning as I grow, it’s bag seed. I’m fairly confident it was a bag of white widow however I don’t know what pollinated the females. I think a hermie got em. But I could be completely wrong too. It was really good homegrown smoke though. Just figured I’d start here however it’s probably been more difficult and way more costly than if I’d just spent $30.00 on feminized known seeds.

R

RGWD0202

Day 43 from flip.

Started noticing some weird leaf curling the past 2 days. Using General Organics buothrive bloom which only contains 2-4-4 I can’t imagine it would be nitrogen toxicity. The top half of my plant, the stems and petioles are dark purple which I originally thought was from low 60s at night or genetics or both. I’ve had purple in these plants since day 1, so assumed it was genetics. After speaking with someone today, I am leaning towards phosphorus deficiency. I’m growing in FFOF and FFHF 50/50 and was told I shouldn’t need to worry about PH or worry about the runoff. I’ve never checked the runoff and stopped worrying about the PH when I was told this. Yesterday after feeding and noticing the leaf curl as well as some shiny dark green leaves combined with the purple I decided to check my runoff and it showed 3000 ppm. I was advised it’s likely phosphorus deficiency and likely locked out by PH problems or other nutrient problems. I decided to flush both plants until the ppm read 1000 and Then I’ll continue with water only next watering and then add back in my nutrients. After flushing I added humic acid, microbes, molasses, enzymes and top dressed with worm casting and a little bit of Happy Frog. Hopefully I’m not too late into flowering for this procedure but figured something needed to be done with 4 weeks likely left until harvest.

Any advice, suggestions or hate mail are welcome.

IMG 1934
IMG 1933
R

RGWD0202

Day 47 from flip
Made a compost tea to for a light feeding using microbes, enzymes, castings, molasses and craft blend. Aerated for 24 hrs. Plants appear to be maturing, guessing about 3 weeks until harvest. The trichomes are getting more coverage and also getting cloudy. they still have white hairs forming as well.

IMG 2003
IMG 1968
IMG 1977
IMG 1974
IMG 1984
IMG 1986
IMG 1998
IMG 1972
IMG 1971
PooToe

PooToe

Looks like the leaves closest to the lights are tacoing. No way to raise the light?

Well done on the care and feeding but next time you may want to do a true scrog to keep everything at a predetermined level so that you don't have high light issues.

Top Bottom