First Grow, First Diary, follow along with me on this long ride...

• Thread starter RGWD0202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RGWD0202

The 2nd picture tells me to leaf them be....

Awesome job.....
I appreciate the response. I’ll let them be. It’s just such a thick canopy I keep uncovering bud sites I didn’t know I had haha. Are you in the camp of removing the lower small branches and bud to promote more energy up top or do you let those go? Seems like a lot of different opinions on this

R

RGWD0202

Are you in a 2x4 tent?
Yes, I’m in 4x2x5. Started with 6 bag seeds expecting 50/50 female to male ratio and I think they were all female. Guessing the bag these came from got pollinated from a hermed plant. I think that’s how feminized seeds are made… But I’m not really sure, I think it’s white widow but don’t know what pollinated it. Ended up removing one plant because it wasn’t showing pistils like the others, I couldn’t determine sex and I wanted the space. Next grow will be 3 at the most but that still might be a bit much.

C

climbit

Yes, I’m in 4x2x5. Started with 6 bag seeds expecting 50/50 female to male ratio and I think they were all female. Guessing the bag these came from got pollinated from a hermed plant. I think that’s how feminized seeds are made… But I’m not really sure, I think it’s white widow but don’t know what pollinated it. Ended up removing one plant because it wasn’t showing pistils like the others, I couldn’t determine sex and I wanted the space. Next grow will be 3 at the most but that still might be a bit much.
Do you think you can fit four plants in their and still have them get adequate light?

R

RGWD0202

Do you think you can fit four plants in there and still have them get adequate light?
4 could be possible, I think it would require a SCROG, some serious training and maybe an early flip to flower to keep em smaller. When I had 6 in there, I had 2 rows of three and the containers were touching on all sides with either the tent or a container. I think 2 or 3 is ideal for that size though.

C

climbit

4 could be possible, I think it would require a SCROG, some serious training and maybe an early flip to flower to keep em smaller. When I had 6 in there, I had 2 rows of three and the containers were touching on all sides with either the tent or a container. I think 2 or 3 is ideal for that size though.
I mean if you had 6 and it was tight surely 4 would be pushing it yet still within ideal range. I’m trying to see if I can save and get a 2x4 or just tweak and get a 4x4. If I can do 4 comfortably in a 2x4 then I’d settle for 2x4.

R

RGWD0202

I just noticed this on one of them. Does this look like it’s possibly herming on me?

IMG 1557
Bilber

Bilber

I'm not able to make it out the greatest.....

If there is a visible stem, yes.....

I can not give a 100% accurate answer......

Maybe a couple different pictures would help.......

R

RGWD0202

I'm not able to make it out the greatest.....

If there is a visible stem, yes.....

I can not give a 100% accurate answer......

Maybe a couple different pictures would help.......
I’m struggling to get a good photo… I might just wait and see if pistil form this weekend if nothing my Monday or it gets more I will probably have to pull it.

IMG 1571
IMG 1569
IMG 1572
Bilber

Bilber

1st and 3rd pic are fem.....

I believe the 2nd one is also.....it looks like it's the same as the other 2........no stem......

R

RGWD0202

I believe the 2nd one is also.....it looks like it's the same as the other 2........no stem......
Like an enlarged calyx that hasn’t developed its pistils yet, you think? Just odd the way they are sitting compared to the others. I appreciate it Bilber

R

RGWD0202

Just checked them under my jeweler loupe, I’m seeing the pistils just starting to show. Thanks Bilber! So in the future I’ll look for stems.

R

RGWD0202

Day 22 since Flip.

These girls are getting taller than I expected. After my LST and SCROG net I still have a few branches that have gotten to tall. One branch is only 8” from my light, I’m trying to figure out how to bring it down 4-6” more away from the light. I want to turn my light up a bit to help with the rest of the canopy but don’t want to ruin these bigger sites. I have quite a bit to learn when it comes to Scrog and LST for my next grow and hopefully with half the plants I’ll get better at it.

I watered Saturday and before that it was Tuesday, I think I may have watered too soon. Gonna let this one dry way back before watering again. I’m watering about 1 gallon per plant, 5 gallon pots. With the Scrog net in place I can’t really lift the plants to see how heavy they are like I did in the earlier stages.

Trying to decide if I should clean the lower branches and bud sites that won’t produce, I think I’m approaching my last opportunity for that.

IMG 1586
IMG 1587
IMG 1593
IMG 1598
Bilber

Bilber

If you're taking anything, yes, your window is closing.....

It is all preference.....

Lst can work also....

R

RGWD0202

Day 23 since flip, it appears some of my girls are showing male parts… I think 3 of the 5 have Hermed on me… I picked one of the flowers off opened it up and looked at it under the scope and can see this banana shaped things that were inside the ball… I painfully removed 1 of the 3, the other 2 I’m going to try to remove the branches the male flowers are showing up on. I’ve read you can pick them off but I’m afraid I’ll miss one and I don’t want the other two that haven’t hermed to get seeds. If it doesn’t work and they show up in the buds that are forming I’ll just remove the 2 entirely. If all 4 turn on me I’ll just have to start over and take this as a learning opportunity.

I’m not the best at taking photos with these advanced iPhones, I’m too shaky and focus adjusts to everything but what I’m trying to photograph…

IMG 1622
IMG 1610
IMG 1617
R

RGWD0202

I’m also going to cut out the Scrog and rearrange my plants. Bring the two hermes up to where I can access them easier…

@climbit I’ll have 4 in the 2x4 keep ya posted on how they fit at what should be their max size, if nothing else maybe I can help another farmer…

R

RGWD0202

Removed all the male flowers that I could find and anything that resembled a male flower. Cut the Scrog out, not finding any male flowers on the other two, will continue to keep an eye on them. Put them in the back moved the two hermes to the front to watch, I’m sure I stressed the fuck outta them it will be interesting to see how they respond and if the other branches start forming new male flowers or how they will be impacted.

Silver lining, it gave me a chance to deep clean the tent.

@climbit 4 5 gallons are tight but manageable. One issue is the tray you use to set your containers in need to be on the smaller side. The black trays in my tent are same size as the pots the clear ones are a little bigger I cannot fit 4 clears in the tent.

IMG 1634
IMG 1639
B

bloodeye

Just to chime in on the number of plants bit. I'm also a first time grower so learning a lot.
My advice would be to know what you're going to grow.
I've a 2.5 x 2.5 and stuck 3 in there on my first grow. 4 of my little cute creme brulee would have been fine (although I think she got stunted early on). However, my tent would suit just 1 vertigo 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know my next grow so going to do 2 plants, RQS F1 medusa's. They'll be on the shorter bushier side so I'm confident that, a 5 gal pot in opposite corners while training the plants into the empty space beside each pot, with a nice defloration of the lower vegetation as they flower will utilise the space pretty well.
I'm actually far more excited about my second grow than I was of the first, going towards it with the experience I've learned from this one.

I'll let you figure out which plant is which 😆
PXL 20240130 180929420
PXL 20240130 180929420

Top Bottom