First grow, first diary. We are In Utero.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

if I don’t bend much, is it ok to just cut the stuff I know won’t get light?
I wouldn't worry too much about training until you get a basic grow or two under your belt.
Just let them grow for now. They look good. Top at the 4th node, and train to a net.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I wouldn't worry too much about training until you get a basic grow or two under your belt.
Just let them grow for now. They look good. Top at the 4th node, and train to a net.
they seem to be long enough to be past 5th node. he should upload a picture that is showing single plant from the side.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Thank you! I was really thinking along the same lines. Let me just get used to them first and basic care. Stop getting ahead of myself.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
they seem to be long enough to be past 5th node. he should upload a picture that is showing single plant from the side.
I will. I probably have them but I’ll take one. I’m specifically waiting for 9. Everyone has their things, and it’s just based on some reading and videos. Makes sense to me, so, it’s been my plan. I’ve seen it done much sooner etc. I know what most here will say. I’ll learn if I prefer sooner etc as I go on. For now, I’m just happy to be at this point. I’ll improve to this point on the next run, and keep going. I really think I’m going to get there. Stumbling through as it may seem.

Thank you!! ✌️✌️

I am still flying at the light setting you recommended. I’d of burned them for sure. It’s also saved me a bunch of power. Haha.

lol. I’m so confused. There are 2-3 shots of plants from the side, in every set posted! 🤣

Last edited:
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Nothing we can count nodes from.
Ahhh!! I misunderstood, which now seems really dumb and obvious what was meant 🤣🤣🤣.

I’m good, they’re ready. 9 is up. I’m just afraid. I meant to do it today. I will do it tomorrow. I mean to transplant though and I’m behind in preparing boxes (holiday was much busier or I just had too ambitious of plans). This should all have been in the original planning, but that’s changed a couple times as you know. None of these lessons are being missed. They’re written in ink!!

The boxes should sit a couple days prior to transplant. Is the double shock too much? Move them first and cut? Cut now, let the boxes sit? Ugh!! lol.

Did I mention I’m just really intimidated?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ahhh!! I misunderstood, which now seems really dumb and obvious what was meant 🤣🤣🤣.

I’m good, they’re ready. 9 is up. I’m just afraid. I meant to do it today. I will do it tomorrow. I mean to transplant though and I’m behind in preparing boxes (holiday was much busier or I just had too ambitious of plans). This should all have been in the original planning, but that’s changed a couple times as you know. None of these lessons are being missed. They’re written in ink!!

The boxes should sit a couple days prior to transplant. Is the double shock too much? Move them first and cut? Cut now, let the boxes sit? Ugh!! lol.

Did I mention I’m just really intimidated?
Transplant, wait till the next day and top.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i bet when he picks that stem up half the soil will fall and i say that cuz you don't have anywhere enough roots in the 3/5 gallon fiber pots. none your plants has outgrown its current fiberpot.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Transplant, wait till the next day and top.
Thank you!! I was just thinking, if my side pics aren’t good enough for folks to count nodes from (I can take better, no longer afraid to just touch haha), doesn’t that just mean I have pretty good spacing, because @PK1 got me set up with my light correctly, from his house!!! Hahaha. 👍
✌️❤️🎼

I know they wouldn’t be dead (I think) but they’d not be in as good shape as they are if it wasn’t right. Still knowing nothing, it seems perfect. I guess I now know this. Which is why we’re here. It’s written too. Hah.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
i bet when he picks that stem up half the soil will fall and i say that cuz you don't have anywhere enough roots in the 3/5 gallon fiber pots. none your plants has outgrown its current fiberpot.
I could be wrong but I believe I could knock away half that soil when doing it, right? I mean, I can’t attempt to teach anyone anything but I could do that, and folks do with lots of plants. Maybe you’re saying it will be bad in a way I don’t realize. The books I’ve read tell me they’re fine. It’s going to be a few more days because the soil has to sit in the earth boxes. Some say leaves at edge of pot, roots at edge of pot. But again, I don’t know. I do know I don’t want them in these pots a minute longer than necessary. It’s all been discussed. I never did. They are coming out whatever happens. Even if they die and I have to start again. I’d actually prefer the roots not be attaching to the fabric, so they don’t have to be ripped from it. Again, if I’m wrong and shown why, I’ll change course. If it’s anywhere near maybe ok, I’m doing it.

Edit: all along the plan has been to cut the fabric pots at least in half and gingerly get them into the box. I really don’t want them torn out. If it fails, it fails. It saves the soil though 😉.

Last edited:
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Who is “he?” I’m right here. “He” to “you.” Who’s it for? You can talk to me. I need ya too.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Who is “he?” I’m right here. “He” to “you.” Who’s it for? You can talk to me. I need ya too.
well i don't know your sex, so i assumed you are a he. i take you are a female

SC69

SC69

Supporter
My focus has obviously dramatically changed. I’m finding out it has a lot to do with the time I am starting this journey. It is just soil, I’m not special or know something someone else doesn’t. But I am caring for the soil, and it does it’s work for the plant. These are 4 weeks on Monday from being transplanted into these pots, I do realize they should go more, and you are right. I’m just more worried about the soil right now and the overall health of the plants to come. They are 8 weeks from soil today & tomorrow. They’ve not been given a single liquid or powder nutrient. The water has not been PH’d since they went into the 3gals. The water has had only Yuca as a wetting agent, and kelp. Because of the pot size, I top dressed some compost, because it has to be kept “alive.” One plant may have gotten a bit of tip burn on a couple leaves but very limited and could have been coincidence. I’m not planning on ever giving them a liquid or powdered nute or PH’d water. I do have to add products, in a top dress, to the soil at intervals. It will stop working in these pots though and I’d have to come here, get the diagnosis, and go get the fix. I don’t want to do that. I’d much rather it be naturally. I am just an old hippie at heart. Literally. It was the farm the soil was made from I fell in love with. It wasn’t just the dirt. I’m just on a slightly different journey. But I do seriously need you all for the plant stuff. I’ve learned much more about the soil, by necessity really, than the plant to this point. I’m ok with that though. It’s the most important part, right? Medium?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
well i don't know your sex, so i assumed you are a he. i take you are a female
No, I’m sorry. I don’t mean it as rudeness. I’m a dude. But we’re in my diary, that again, you advised I start, and you’re referring to me, as “he.” But also, in the same post, “because you don’t have.”

we’re you speaking to me, or the poster quoted? Who was meant to read it? When you say, “he,” I can assume it’s not for me and not read it, right? I need to read it, right? I don’t know you, it’s probably me, maybe it’s a language thing. You’re super helpful but there have been a few things that are just off to me. We even got to a point you were replying in the wrong thread. So, again, I don’t mean to sound rude or unappreciative, I very obviously am as I mention it repeatedly. But please, you can speak to me here, I’m not “he.”

I don’t want stress, other than what’s natural right now being new and trying to learn, around this experience. It’s unwelcomed and not a part of it. I don’t actually like most of these forums. You may know why, and maybe not. Here, it’s not like those others. Maybe I need to just read and not speak or ask.

There are also a bunch of people who just aren’t with me on the differences in the soil and process I’m following. Not to any fault of anyone. It’s truly just timing, my friend starting the tree farm and using a version of the soil (literally tons and tons delivered, it was cool as hell). From that, I found the farm, the weed formula, and here I am. It wasn’t ever a plan from the start. It just happened. Feed the soil. Plants aren’t forced to drink water with nutes in it. They drink fresh water and take the nutes they want. If I do it correctly. And only if. ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Chill. Read our grow and see how we do it. Very low stress for the grower.

SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer
Thank you!! I’m good really. I was tired and some talk confused me and it started getting me. I knew it was me and went to bed. Haha. I have been getting a bunch of negativity on another forum because I said I didn’t have to PH and I didn’t want to add “nutes.” It was a mess. Not really even me after the first two. Just continued pile ons. Haha. I had to stop reading it and leave the forum. I learned. I’m happy here, truly. It really isn’t like the other two I’ve been reading. One I won’t join ever. Haha. I do read some though. I just got confused and the “he,” got to me. I did say it was me. Thanks! It’s the two of you, and a couple others who are getting me there. I know that too. I will go read stuff. I’m just ready to start these boxes and move them. I really didn’t ever want them in these pots and if there’s a huge error coming, I was warned. I’ll be ok.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I’ll be preparing boxes today and they really only need to settle 3-4 hours before taking plants. The longer the better but I have to get moving. I am following your advice from yesterday and going to move them and cut the next day. Just spoke to the roommate about it who said, “everyone cuts them, just do it,” haha. There have been lots of videos watched I thought I was the only one paying attention to. Apparently not. Haha. Looks like I need a second pair of LED glasses 🤓

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Boy I can talk a lot. I know we’re in a new phase now because the strains needs are becoming different, just in watering. They’re all basically the same size up top, but of course no idea what’s going on underneath. There is one that is being monitored extra closely because someone mentioned she may be a dude. Tall. Very tall. There was an issue in the transplant (roommate helping because of back issues) I let two get by me without their tags. Haha. I think I can almost pick out who the sisters are. There are 3 Banners, 3 gorilla glue, and a GSC. I think I’ve separated out the 6 sisters and she/he is the GSC. I don’t know!! 🤣🤣 I really feel stupid. I had basically one job and messed it up a month ago.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Boy I can talk a lot. I know we’re in a new phase now because the strains needs are becoming different, just in watering. They’re all basically the same size up top, but of course no idea what’s going on underneath. There is one that is being monitored extra closely because someone mentioned she may be a dude. Tall. Very tall. There was an issue in the transplant (roommate helping because of back issues) I let two get by me without their tags. Haha. I think I can almost pick out who the sisters are. There are 3 Banners, 3 gorilla glue, and a GSC. I think I’ve separated out the 6 sisters and she/he is the GSC. I don’t know!! 🤣🤣 I really feel stupid. I had basically one job and messed it up a month ago.
Relax, it's a process. We don't learn it all overnight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom