First Grow - How Does It Look?

• Thread starter GrowConcern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Keep screen high enough above soil level to be able to water them.

Make sure you have a good drain tray And suck out the run off unless you plan on moving them.

I just move my screen up when I need to water and put it back down and rework the branches in the screen again. Kind of a pain in the ass but I’m new to coco/scrog so learning as I go.

i realize this might not work for me when I begin flowering and they develop buds on them so just keep screen high enough for you to work with for watering and have a good run off tray that you can vacuum water from or set up a self draining tray. I think most scrog people have dwc systems set up so they don’t have to worry about it. Just my 2 cents maybe someone else who is more experienced can chime in.

I had the similar issue like you, and mine is worst whereby i need to relocate the plants to my bathroom to feed them.. I did cut few of the leaves due to the tension of the scrogg.. it was painful.. i didn't had good runoff tray and i had issue using siphon pump .. i'm going to use scrogg for my next autopot system

02trueblue

02trueblue

Quote:
I'm just gonna drop this... IDC it's not my plants and not my issue. I think you are seeing results of something else but you feel it's cal mag that's fine. Seen this so many times it makes my head spin. Don't think I'm posting on these nutes anymore.

Not to poke a dead fish, but I think you are right. It's not EXCESS calcium or magnesium (AKA nute burn), but rather the ratios are off. I've had this exact same issue as well

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

How do you feed em when you have scrogg?
I have an auto fertigation system. I have a 60gal reservoir. I use a submersible pump that pumps water out for 1 min, 4x daily. And I adjusted all the plant site valves to give me about 20% runoff.
Right now I just have the plants on elevators in saucers and I wetvac them. Next grow I’ll use a flood tray with a condensate pump to pump the water out to a reservoir I can get outflow readings from, then a pump like the input one to pump out to the drain.

420news

420news

meh - i had my landlord over 3 or 4 times with other people with him. never had an issues. Plus its legal in oregon. Just being respectful of the homeowner by keeping smells down.

Ahhhh man.... That's a shame, the smells the best bit. ;-)

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Well, I looked at those pictures I started this thread with. They’ve come a pretty good ways in 10 days. Flipped 2 days ago.
26F6DF8E 8B3C 4F02 8931 AC3ED350DD2C
17E4014A 75BC 4C67 BD5C 07A21C212067

420news

420news

Damn, looks like a jungle. I could happily get lost in there.... Bliss

digidemi

digidemi

Awesome man! Mines doing pretty good! I think I'm going to switch nutes because the PH perfect line doesn't seem to work well with Autos with Hydro setup

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Here are my girls, you''ll notice the exact same issue you were having previously.
They look great! Are you using RO water? I’m not (though there’s a rumour Santa is bringing me a filter for Xmas...fingers crossed.)

I think a lot of the problems were because of PH issues. I’ve started adjusting PH (please nobody give me shit for that, I think everyone’s position was clearly stated, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do) to get to the recommended 5.7-6.0 and everything seems fine now. A lot of the growers using AN on the coco site are adjusting too though.

Like I said before, I’ll switch to Canna after I use up all the AN I got in a grow store liquidation sale. I’ll still use some of their supplements like Big Bud and VooDoo Juice, but their CoCo A/B is pricey and doesn’t allow for as much adjustment/customization.

digidemi

digidemi

Yea using RO, you know you can go to your local aquarium store and get 5 gallon jugs of RO water for 50c a gallon right? I also agree. The PH perfect stuff is not perfect. Infact adding CalMag got my PH closer to a good PH. When I just add the nutes, my PH is pretty acidic, 5.6-5.7ish, adding cal/mag takes it close to 6.

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Yea using RO, you know you can go to your local aquarium store and get 5 gallon jugs of RO water for 50c a gallon right? I also agree. The PH perfect stuff is not perfect. Infact adding CalMag got my PH closer to a good PH. When I just add the nutes, my PH is pretty acidic, 5.6-5.7ish, adding cal/mag takes it close to 6.
Yeah, Canadian tire sells 20 gallon jugs for like 2 bucks too. I live 40 miles from a city and go through about 100 gallons a week. It’s more a not wanting to haul pallets full of RO water than a price thing. After this grow, I’m going to try a perpetual harvest, where I have two tents and put 2-3 plants in the flower tent every week, eventually harvesting 2-3 a week. If Santa doesn’t come through, I’ll bite the bullet and buy a filter before then.

My PH is the opposite. With the nutes it runs about 6.7-6.8. I adjust it down to 5.9 or 6.0.

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Update...

So two weeks into flower, things look pretty good. Added a 640w CMH and the girls seem to be loving it.

Still seeing the odd tip that’s a little brown, but other issues stopped when I switched to Bloom nutes and added silicate. Wondering if it was maybe a potassium deficiency, as that increased quite a bit with those.

Thanks to all for the advice, must have been a bitch to do this when you didn’t have access to the resources we do now.
8DB09EDC 58F4 4563 BE1A 9F7510C25756

5C21B9D4 C352 4904 8205 A46F608E7156
F8001383 2999 434C A52B 78B1F08012DD
FFC7621E FEBA 4168 9886 11CDD389FFF1

S

SymbioticMan

Plants look lovely, this is your first run but I can definitely tell you did your homework. Coco and fabric pots are basically hydroponics. Almost impossible to over water, high root aeration and super easy to flush. So that explain the growth. the big fan leaves tell me you have a pretty good light, that lenient more towards red spectrum.

S

SymbioticMan

I noticed your leaves are tacoing. That's normally due to high CO2 or too much wind (suffocating your plant). It's hard for your plant probably breathe in CO2, if the wind is blowing too hard but on other hand too much CO2 can be toxic.

Leaves curl up, something's wrong above, leaf curl down, something wrong in the root zone lol

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

I noticed your leaves are tacoing. That's normally due to high CO2 or too much wind (suffocating your plant). It's hard for your plant probably breathe in CO2, if the wind is blowing too hard but on other hand too much CO2 can be toxic.

Leaves curl up, something's wrong above, leaf curl down, something wrong in the root zone lol
I don’t know if it’s CO2. I just added that, but I think I need to add a better intake fan. I have a really good output fan, but it cranks up when the heat rises and it’s way more powerful than my intake, so I’m getting some negative pressure. The ones nearer the oscillating fan may just be the wind.

02trueblue

02trueblue

Pretty sure the taco'ing is from the temps, not CO2. I looked in your last photos - does your thermometer say 86*? That would do it

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Pretty sure the taco'ing is from the temps, not CO2. I looked in your last photos - does your thermometer say 86*? That would do it
The only plants showing tacoing were the ones right by the oscillating fan, they’ve improved just by changing the fan angle, but they also have some of the biggest stickiest buds, so I’m not too bothered. The thermometer reading 86 isn’t super accurate, that one got wet.

There’s a heat/humidity probe connected to my fan controller that’s much more accurate and shows my temps running between 70-80. My humidity is pretty consistently between 45%-55%. The inlet and outlet fans go to full if the tent goes over 84 or humidity goes over 65.

The only thing I’m seeing now is a bit of tip burn. I don’t mind a tiny bit, but there’s enough now to tell me to pull back a couple of points on the EC.

0B5A1661 F16F 4946 9DDA 038F1042C790
1C60EBC1 E161 4329 AB80 DE8763169E33
02trueblue

02trueblue

Sounds like you've got it under control! Things are looking great

Top Bottom