First grow need some help with these seedlings please!

• Thread starter CeeJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CeeJ

holy that’s a lot of water you must get lots of run off, more like say 3/4 a gallon for a 3 gallon bag..
Really? Sometimes even when I feed 1 gallon it doesn’t feel like they drank enough I get about a liter of run off everytime

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

well this will cause debate, but your growing organically and using organic nutrients but using a synthetic ph up and down which you don’t need at all..
now you have to use it to the end..
so your basically feeding the plant 10-12 ml of nutrients per gallon.. how big are the bags and how much do you water when watering?
I grow organically and never use ph up or down.
Thank you guys for helping me i hope I’m not bugging you guys haha
no worries man

C

CeeJ

I grow organically and never use ph up or down.

no worries man
In my location the water comes out at 8.3 ph so I thought I had to use the ph up nd down even when I use my nutrients that is suppose to bring the water down to the perfect ph it only brings it down to about 7

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Really? Sometimes even when I feed 1 gallon it doesn’t feel like they drank enough I get about a liter of run off everytime
oh mmmm ok well guess keep it at that than.. you also have calmag there?
what brand?
well i’d go to feeding 8ml/gallon every watering, makesure you let those bags go dry before watering again as you need to encourage root growth.. it’s waaay better to let the plant go droopy/weak looking from not watering compared to watering a day or two early all the time..
maybe raise your light 6 inches too..
keep your ph between 6-7..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
In my location the water comes out at 8.3 ph so I thought I had to use the ph up nd down even when I use my nutrients that is suppose to bring the water down to the perfect ph it only brings it down to about 7
mine is like 8-9 here,
for your next grow ditch the ph stuff as that’s not helping but you need to use it now till finish..

C

CeeJ

oh mmmm ok well guess keep it at that than.. you also have calmag there?
what brand?
well i’d go to feeding 8ml/gallon every watering, makesure you let those bags go dry before watering again as you need to encourage root growth.. it’s waaay better to let the plant go droopy/weak looking from not watering compared to watering a day or two early all the time..
maybe raise your light 6 inches too..
keep your ph between 6-7..
I have the sensi cal mag I let them dry out tell there droopy so you think I should lower my nutrient doses?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Yeah my tap comes out 6.9 so I never worried about the tap. But really, it’s about the soil and having the right nutrients and minerals in it. It’s a living ecosystem, if everything is balanced so will the ph.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Also try doing a slurry ph test on your soil not the run off, if you ever think it’s a ph issue you think your having. It’s simple and you can use the ph meter you have. If you do find your soil ph is out of range you can adjust it organically with baking soda to raise it and I know it’s gonna sound crazy but old black coffee to lower it a 50/50 mix with water

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have the sensi cal mag I let them dry out tell there droopy so you think I should lower my nutrient doses?
you said you were feeding 12ml/gallon every other watering?
go to 8ml/gallon every watering.. add 2 ml of calmag every other watering.
when is the next watering?

C

CeeJ

mine is like 8-9 here,
for your next grow ditch the ph stuff as that’s not helping but you need to use it now till finish..
you said you were feeding 12ml/gallon every other watering?
go to 8ml/gallon every watering.. add 2 ml of calmag every other watering.
when is the next watering?
Tomorrow is the next watering would I give them a normal phd watering every 3 feeds?

C

CeeJ

no., feed every watering.,
we’ll watch for a week 5-7 days to see what is happening..
Gave them a couple feeds they seem to be doing a lot better I want to flip soon should I give them a feeding of there bloom nutes before?

77FC50FA 1D72 48CE A7F0 A2B1A0F31249
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
There about a week into flower now I think I’m gonna give them there first bloom feed the website says 4ml/L I was thinking about doing 3ml/L Or 9ml per gallon of the A nd B do you think that’s too much or too little? Sorry for bugging you!
firstly your never bugging at all..
can you post pictures of the plants?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’d say go with 7-9ml per gallon firstly..
always better to give less and at worst see a deficiency starting because of it is an easy fix but giving too much can cause damage..

C

CeeJ

i’d say go with 7-9ml per gallon firstly..
always better to give less and at worst see a deficiency starting because of it is an easy fix but giving too much can cause damage..
I gave them 9 they seem to be doing good what do you think a good ppfd for week 2 of flower is some are saying 800 I have it at about 650 right now they seem to like it

Top Bottom