First Grow, Oaksterdam Chem 4, Day 63....

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

Well this is my first grow, They are Oaksterdam Chemdog #4's. I started them on 1-3-10. I have had a good couple little issues but they are still hangin in there.

Grow area - 5' X 6'
Strain - Oaksterdam Chemdog #4 (6 plants total)
Grow method - 5 gallon Stand Alone DWC
Lighting - Veg/flower - 1000 watt HPS
Nutes veg- (500-1000 ppm)Botanicare grow, Botanicare Cal-mag
Nutes Flower - (1000-1500 ppm) Botanicare CNS 17 Bloom, Botanicare Cla-mag, Botanicare Hydroplex, Botanicare Clearex.

I veg'd them for 1 month and they ranged in height from 12" to 18". I also tried to fim some and LST....One problem I had was at week 3 of veg I lost power for a few days so they had no light and there roots were underwater with no air bubblers running for maybe 24 hours.

I'm going with the begining of Febuary as the begining of flower even thouh I feel maybe they were stunted for the first week or so. So for now the plan is to go at least 70 days from Feb 1, but will chop according to the trichomes. Going for all cloudy with some amber.

As of 04-03-10 the trichomes were milky to clear.

Here are a few pics to show the journey. I will update with pics tonight.

also, I dont know shit about how to tell one pheno from another so if anyone can tell me wheather it looks sativa dominent or indica dominnt I would appricate it.

First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 2
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 3
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 4
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 5
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 6
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 7
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 8
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 9
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 10
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 11
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 12
First grow oaksterdam chem 4 day 63 13
D

DazedNconfussed

thanks Norcalfarmer....her are some pics from 02-03-10 right after the flip to 12/12. It was My first attempt at LST. I used Teflon tape thinking it would be easirer on the plants branches and stretchable enough to expand as the braches got bigger.

IMGP2704
IMGP2705
IMGP2706
IMGP2707
IMGP2710
IMGP2711
IMGP2712
IMGP2714
D

DazedNconfussed

12 day of flower

Here is about as advanced as bud development was at nearly 2 weeks of veg. Seemed a little behind to me. Thats why I belived it may have been stunted a little due to power outage.

Does this look normal for week 2 of veg bud wise?

IMGP2744
D

DazedNconfussed

38 days into Flower

Here are some more random pics from day 38 of flower.

IMGP2877
IMGP2881
IMGP2868
IMGP2875
IMGP2869
D

DazedNconfussed

Day 63 of Flower

Some random pics from Day 63 of veg....will update tonight with pics of them at day 71 of flower.

One annoying thing that keeps happening if anyone has an idea is each plant has like 3 gallon of rez's, I top the re'zs off every 3 days, and change all the nutes out once a week. Well every 3 days when I check the rez's the ppm goes up from say 1300ppm to 1600-1700, and ph will drop from 5.8 to 5.4-5.6. Not sure what that means so I bought some clearex, and empty the rez's weekly and for the last 2 weeks run the clearx at about 3ml a gallon for 4 hours, then empty and put nutes back in.

IMGP2956
IMGP2957
IMGP2963
IMGP2970
IMGP2971
IMGP2984
R

Rob1

they look amazing. i am on the hunt for some Chemdog #4. great job man...

D

DazedNconfussed

they look amazing. i am on the hunt for some Chemdog #4. great job man...

Thanks Rob, And thanks for the advice youve given me. This grow wouldnt have been possible without the help of members here.

D

DazedNconfussed

Day 71 of Flower

Here are some random pics from tonight. I am flushing them for 4 hours with a low dose (10ml per gallon) of clearex to flush them, tonight PPM were up to 2000ppm from 1200ppm 3 days ago. I must have nute lockout, hopefully the clearx will unlock them some. Having such small rez's I believe may be causing this somehow because my PPM have been doing this for the last month, hell even after a 5 day flush.

So anyways after this flush I will feed them hydroplex and CNS17 ripe nutes at 1300ppm and go 3-5 more days then a 3-5 day flush.

Seems like im flowering longer then whats recomended (60-70 days), but I still have buds with white hairs, most are turning red though, and also most trichomes are milky but alot are still clear and every once in a while I see an amber one. So I believe the plant will be ready in the next 6-10 days....but thats a total guess...Ill start the final flush when I start to see more amber.

Well here are some pics from tonight.

IMGP3055
IMGP3040
IMGP3041
IMGP3044
D

DazedNconfussed

Yeah I was thinking it may be a cal/mag def. I ran out of it a few weeks ago but thought the tap water would have enough in it. Maybe ill go hit the hydro store tommorrow....

N

nor cali farmer

well u have it under control see you on your next post joe

D

DazedNconfussed

Mini Chemdog #4

here's some pics of my mini Chemdog #4 plant. About 3 weeks into flower I snapped a branch off on accident. I was so bummed, so instead of letting it die I took it scrapped some skin off the stem in 3 or 4 spots and stuck it in a rockwool cube and watered it with 500ppm flower nutes for a week then fed it whatever I fed my big ones (1000ppm). I thought it was going to just wither away and die. it sits maybe 5' below the 1k hps, just kinda on the ground and gets a patch of light. It has been on a 12/12 light cycle every since I put the branch in rockwool.

But after a few weeks roots popped out of the rockwool so I grabbed a clear 1 gallon water jug and put the rockwool in a net pot and stuck it on the top of the gallon jug. week later the roots were over 1' long so I threw a bubbler in there....Very Very ghetto I know, it was kinda just for fun. Funny thing is the clone hasnt grown any taller then when i planted it around 50 days ago. I know i wont get much bud, maybe 4-5 grams im guessing.

IMGP3047
IMGP3048
IMGP3045
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah bro you are rocking that Chemdog #4. that shit looks good. with the ppms rising in your rez is because the plants are drinking water so there is more nutes in less water this in turn raises your ph. try topping off just a bit faster see if this fixes it

G

growgrow

DAMN DAZED.... shit looks mighty tasty.... this is ur first grow?... looks uve done plenty of reading and whatnot..... definately not an amature grow. Im on my first one too, just day 2 of 12/12 and i hope mine turns out like urs. Keep killin it...

GROW

D

DazedNconfussed

yeah bro you are rocking that Chemdog #4. that shit looks good. with the ppms rising in your rez is because the plants are drinking water so there is more nutes in less water this in turn raises your ph. try topping off just a bit faster see if this fixes it

Thanks Bro, Ill try just that and see what happens....

D

DazedNconfussed

DAMN DAZED.... shit looks mighty tasty.... this is ur first grow?... looks uve done plenty of reading and whatnot..... definately not an amature grow. Im on my first one too, just day 2 of 12/12 and i hope mine turns out like urs. Keep killin it...

GROW

Thanks bro, means alot. First grows are nerve racking as hell sometimes. Just if something dont look right, take some pics and ask for help before it gets out of control. Me personaly I read thread after thread for months before I started anything.
Good luck on your grow, Ill take a look and see if I can find it so I can follow....I love watching first time grows more then the pro ones...LOL...

Top Bottom