First Grow (please Help)

• Thread starter johnylab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnylab

johnylab

Hey everyone!

I recently bought some lamps, pH down, soils and lamps along with some clones,, its been about 3 weeks and something started happening:

I got 5 different kind of strains and some were larger than others when bought

I noticed spider mites and I sprayed them with an oil called green cleaner and everything was fine...

we passed them to bigger pots but they seems to be getting worse, I lost 3 already and overall health seems bad

It looks like different conditions, please advice!

First grow please help
First grow please help 2
First grow please help 3
First grow please help 4
First grow please help 5
First grow please help 6
First grow please help 7
First grow please help 8
First grow please help 9
First grow please help 10
First grow please help 11
First grow please help 12
First grow please help 13
First grow please help 14
First grow please help 15
Monster762

Monster762

Hey everyone!

I recently bought some lamps, pH down, soils and lamps along with some clones,, its been about 3 weeks and something started happening:

I got 5 different kind of strains and some were larger than others when bought

I noticed spider mites and I sprayed them with an oil called green cleaner and everything was fine...

we passed them to bigger pots but they seems to be getting worse, I lost 3 already and overall health seems bad

It looks like different conditions, please advice!
What do you need ph down for? What is your ph and water ph. And do you have air circulation and ventilation? That led seems to be high in red spectrums too which isn't best for veg. Do you feed anything? Nutes? What's the npk of the soil? It's a garden mix so it's pre fertilized. Should be on bag under garunteed analysis.

Dunge

Dunge

That instruction to spray green cleaner in the dark is important under some light.
Cut that dead crap out of your garden.
And you probably still have mites, and they leave a toxic legacy.
Lots to learn.
Looks like some are still ok.
Good luck.

johnylab

johnylab

thanks for the reply!! water pH is 8.1 and I was told to lower it to 6.1 max, 5.8 is best I have a fan but it has been on a closed room with the home's A/C... the LED's, I saw all the reviews from growers and it was over 80 5stars .. still not sure if it was a different kind of crop, the garden mix I was told it was better even than fox farm and saw some reviews that supported this... nothing extra fed so far.. im pretty new, sorry what is npk?

Smerb

Smerb

Cull the uglies and grow the healthy ones. Your garden is overrun,seems. You possibly able to get a tray to get those plants off the ground?

johnylab

johnylab

That instruction to spray green cleaner in the dark is important under some light.
Cut that dead crap out of your garden.
And you probably still have mites, and they leave a toxic legacy.
Lots to learn.
Looks like some are still ok.
Good luck.
thx for the advice! in your experience, can you save a crop from mites?
Also,, you meant to apply the green cleaner when fully dark?

johnylab

johnylab

Cull the uglies and grow the healthy ones. Your garden is overrun,seems. You possibly able to get a tray to get those plants off the ground?
for sure on that tray suggestion! what did you mean overrun? mites?

Dunge

Dunge

thx for the advice! in your experience, can you save a crop from mites?
Also,, you meant to apply the green cleaner when fully dark?
I can spray green cleaner in my veg space any time, but in flower space, the light / spray combo damages the veg in about two days.
Mites can be managed, but it's important not to do more damage than the mites.
Azamax, 40% isopropanol seem to be benign to veg but hard on mites.

BudBogart

BudBogart

thanks for the reply!! water pH is 8.1 and I was told to lower it to 6.1 max, 5.8 is best I have a fan but it has been on a closed room with the home's A/C... the LED's, I saw all the reviews from growers and it was over 80 5stars .. still not sure if it was a different kind of crop, the garden mix I was told it was better even than fox farm and saw some reviews that supported this... nothing extra fed so far.. im pretty new, sorry what is npk?

Different mediums want different ph. I believe best ph for soil is 6.5, but check. There are ph charts,do a search.
In soil, I think it's best to measure the ph of the soil after it has been watered, not the water itself.
If, after checking the ph of the moistened soil you find that the ph needs to be adjusted, find an appropriate soil amendment, mulch it in, and no further adjustment should be necessary for that season.
I would be interested in knowing the soil ph because so many of the plants are suffering the same problem, with stunted growth development.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Search "plant abuse chart". It's got photos of all sorts of problems.

johnylab

johnylab

Different mediums want different ph. I believe best ph for soil is 6.5, but check. There are ph charts,do a search.
In soil, I think it's best to measure the ph of the soil after it has been watered, not the water itself.
If, after checking the ph of the moistened soil you find that the ph needs to be adjusted, find an appropriate soil amendment, mulch it in, and no further adjustment should be necessary for that season.
I would be interested in knowing the soil ph because so many of the plants are suffering the same problem, with stunted growth development.
npk is 30-10-10 I started reading that it might be a little on the Nitrogen,, what do you think?
Also, I read already a couple of times that the leaves are curling up trying to protect themselves because of too much light/heat... I lifted the LED's but I wanted to ask, what do you think about lowering the cycles to 14/10 instead of 18/6?

Monster762

Monster762

npk is 30-10-10 I started reading that it might be a little on the Nitrogen,, what do you think?
Also, I read already a couple of times that the leaves are curling up trying to protect themselves because of too much light/heat... I lifted the LED's but I wanted to ask, what do you think about lowering the cycles to 14/10 instead of 18/6?
Those numbers are way high. I personally would have cut that soil 50/50 with unfertilized peat moss n threw a whole bag of perelite in. No do not lower light cycles like that in veg. . I started flowering with 11 hrs dark. It doesn't necessarily take 12 hrs. Once plants are used to a schedule you don't want to alter it much. What they respond to is the change. By taking light hours away you shorten the day which could cause flowering.

johnylab

johnylab

Overrun with too much stuff to handle, that's why you have a prob. Possibly?
lol yea no shit!!! I had my sister who is an expert but she had to bail on account of work, so Im riding it solo this first time... we'll get there Im sure

johnylab

johnylab

Those numbers are way high. I personally would have cut that soil 50/50 with unfertilized peat moss n threw a whole bag of perelite in. No do not lower light cycles like that in veg. . I started flowering with 11 hrs dark. It doesn't necessarily take 12 hrs. Once plants are used to a schedule you don't want to alter it much. What they respond to is the change. By taking light hours away you shorten the day which could cause flowering.
so much to learn still... I have to pass them to a 1 gal pot in about 2 weeks (I was told)... if they survive what do you suggest I get for soil?
also, what do you think I should do now with this soil? do we re-pot with that mix you mentioned?

BudBogart

BudBogart

The ratio of 3-1-1 is not bad for the vegetative state of growth, but I think that 30-10-10 means the fertilizer you are using is very strong, a little bit would go a long way, requiring very little of the fertilizer to go a long ways. What is the fertilizer? Pelletized, granulated , liquid, etc. and how much of the nitrogen is "readily available" vs slow release, or whatever it says.
Kind of out of my area here. I do okay outside using good old organic bagged ferts, but I think your plants may have been shocked, burned, etc., by heavy fert use. You think possible?

H

heisen

The ol PH down in organic soil.Good lawd man you need to back up and really read up on growing before you spend another dollar on anything.

Monster762

Monster762

The ratio of 3-1-1 is not bad for the vegetative state of growth, but I think that 30-10-10 means the fertilizer you are using is very strong, a little bit would go a long way, requiring very little of the fertilizer to go a long ways. What is the fertilizer? Pelletized, granulated , liquid, etc. and how much of the nitrogen is "readily available" vs slow release, or whatever it says.
Kind of out of my area here. I do okay outside using good old organic bagged ferts, but I think your plants may have been shocked, burned, etc., by heavy fert use. You think possible?
The 30-10-10 is what came in the soil. Probably time released. Lot of soils out there are stupid hot. 3-1-1 is good. I use 3-1-1 for veg called plant fertelixer but the soil he has is giving a 30-10-10.

H

heisen

I would straight up start over.Throw all that shit in the trash,Go get you some hotshot no Pest strips and hang them up for a couple weeks.Hit the mites hard and get rid of them.I would toss everything,the dirt,clones all that shit.while your waiting for the mites to be completely dead read up on as much as you can,check out peoples journals and read alot on growing.Order you some feminized auto seeds and start with that.No light cycles and easy to grow.No clones so no mites.Get you a couple grows under your belt and go from there.Start a new journal before you start so people can help u.try to get your hands on some roots organic soil or fox farm ocean forest and some 5 gallon pots that drain.start your seeds right in the pots.I promise you will save your self alot of headache if you just 86 that shit show you got going there.

Top Bottom