**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dye

Dye

That's about the same as my water. I just mix half RO and add nutes. PH comes out to 6.2. Nutes end up costing about $1 per plant.
Yeah I figured it’s what was giving me problems. Adding 1/2 distilled looks like it might help a tiny bit (according to the strip) but I’m guessing I’ll need to figure something out for the next grow. I’ll start with 1/2 and 1/2 today and hope it helps. These buds are smelling so damn good I can’t let my water f*#k it up. I’ll use bottled spring water if I have to lol.
I know people from years ago there water was so bad they bought gallons of water by the gallons.

Yea it’s part of the equation to figure out how to over come-the water.
A lot of RO systems floating around in the old days for sure!
Still obviously.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah I figured it’s what was giving me problems. Adding 1/2 distilled looks like it might help a tiny bit (according to the strip) but I’m guessing I’ll need to figure something out for the next grow. I’ll start with 1/2 and 1/2 today and hope it helps. These buds are smelling so damn good I can’t let my water f*#k it up. I’ll use bottled spring water if I have to lol.
RO might be over-kill. Something like this might be a better option:

Designed to remove chlor-amine. It will reduce silt and sediment down to about 5 micron.

Hydrologic also makes RO systems with the home gardener/hydroponics gardener in mind. It really depends on what you decide you need.

Dye

Dye

I know people from years ago there water was so bad they bought gallons of water by the gallons.

Yea it’s part of the equation to figure out how to over come-the water.
A lot of RO systems floating around in the old days for sure!
Still obviously.

I have a table top stainless steel water filter system cost Like 50 bucks a filter but it works.
It’s for survival you can run lake water thru it. Ha ha ha

Use on my plants half and half with my back I ain’t getting under no sink, if I do which I have,
It’s not fun getting the hell out.

I sneeze I pull a rib cage muscle ha ha ha getting old is a trip.
Here’s a hint keep a sense of humor!

Last edited:
Krispy420

Krispy420

good idea I need to get some strips and/or find a water report as well. I think my water is not bad but not great either. Had decent well water for years until a sulfur vein broke last year, then got hooked up to city water last summer. Mixing half and half seems like a good idea. Only thing I've looked at was the ph and ppm which my ph can drift up to as high as 7.5 and ppm is around 150-175. Figured this was about average. I can just smell the chlorine in it though and have noticed what seems to be a little rust or iron build up in the humidifier. I just gave the plants clean bottled water for the first couple weeks then slowly introduced them to the tap. And of course I let the water sit for a few days minimum until I use it. Still, obviously improvements can be made and it's worth thinking about more.

Anyway, hopefully they stay in check and you see some improvements..I think you'll be just fine

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

good idea I need to get some strips and/or find a water report as well. I think my water is not bad but not great either. Had decent well water for years until a sulfur vein broke last year, then got hooked up to city water last summer. Mixing half and half seems like a good idea. Only thing I've looked at was the ph and ppm which my ph can drift up to as high as 7.5 and ppm is around 150-175. Figured this was about average. I can just smell the chlorine in it though and have noticed what seems to be a little rust or iron build up in the humidifier. I just gave the plants clean bottled water for the first couple weeks then slowly introduced them to the tap. And of course I let the water sit for a few days minimum until I use it. Still, obviously improvements can be made and it's worth thinking about more.

Anyway, hopefully they stay in check and you see some improvements..I think you'll be just fine
Unfortunately, more municipalities are using chloramine these days instead of chlorine. The difference is chloramine doesn't evaporate from the water source like chlorine.

Your municipality should have all that information for you in their water quality report.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Unfortunately, more municipalities are using chloramine these days instead of chlorine. The difference is chloramine doesn't evaporate from the water source like chlorine.

Your municipality should have all that information for you in their water quality report.
Damn that’s a good thing to know!!!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ya know...I noticed on a different test strip straight from the tap didn’t show a chlorine reading. I wonder if mine uses chloramine. Maybe I’m wasting letting it sit for 3-4 days.

Here’s a question...is it better to use cold water, or room temp?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ya know...I noticed on a different test strip straight from the tap didn’t show a chlorine reading. I wonder if mine uses chloramine. Maybe I’m wasting letting it sit for 3-4 days.

Here’s a question...is it better to use cold water, or room temp?
I draw my water from a cold water source. Mine is RO from the Stealth RO-150. My water is in the upper 50's this time of the year and that's colder than it should be to use directly on the plants. I have a 30 gallon reservoir next to my tent. I fill it, aerate it with a rather strong air pump, and then let the water temp rise to ambient room temperature (about 68-70). My wife and I use the water directly from the reservoir to mix up nutes for feeding.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ya know...I noticed on a different test strip straight from the tap didn’t show a chlorine
I draw my water from a cold water source. Mine is RO from the Stealth RO-150. My water is in the upper 50's this time of the year and that's colder than it should be to use directly on the plants. I have a 30 gallon reservoir next to my tent. I fill it, aerate it with a rather strong air pump, and then let the water temp rise to ambient room temperature (about 68-70). My wife and I use the water directly from the reservoir to mix up nutes for feeding.
ok good to know. The stuff in my basement faucet is coming right from outside so very cold. I’ll keep with the room temp letting it sit.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ya know...I noticed on a different test strip straight from the tap didn’t show a chlorine

ok good to know. The stuff in my basement faucet is coming right from outside so very cold. I’ll keep with the room temp letting it sit.
@Dothraki I have the RO system because at some point my wife and I want to run an ebb and flow bucket system. We already have the bucket system with controller and 55 gallon drum. The RO-150 fills a 5 gallon bucket in about 75 minutes. Its not practical with where things are at right now to be filling a 55g reservoir. We'll be investing in a larger unit at some point and likely locate it in the grow area instead of the other side of the house.

We're thinking maybe by this fall we might actually be ready to give it a go ...

Dothraki

Dothraki

@Dothraki I have the RO system because at some point my wife and I want to run an ebb and flow bucket system. We already have the bucket system with controller and 55 gallon drum. The RO-150 fills a 5 gallon bucket in about 75 minutes. Its not practical with where things are at right now to be filling a 55g reservoir. We'll be investing in a larger unit at some point and likely locate it in the grow area instead of the other side of the house.

We're thinking maybe by this fall we might actually be ready to give it a go ...
Hell yes that sounds great! I‘ll need to learn more about using RO water. I’ll most likely do another grow with the same setup, and try to rectify the water problem, maybe I can find a spring source to grab some from...but will need to figure something out moving forward. Hoping these will finish well and not take a turn for the worse for the next 4-6 weeks. Well 3-4 according to the breeder but I’ll put money on them taking 4-6 just based off most peoples reports with “flowering time” labels.

If my water doesn’t kill them, and PUDC doesn’t seed itself full...it’s gonna be a damn good harvest.

Dye

Dye

Hell yes that sounds great! I‘ll need to learn more about using RO water. I’ll most likely do another grow with the same setup, and try to rectify the water problem, maybe I can find a spring source to grab some from...but will need to figure something out moving forward. Hoping these will finish well and not take a turn for the worse for the next 4-6 weeks. Well 3-4 according to the breeder but I’ll put money on them taking 4-6 just based off most peoples reports with “flowering time” labels.

If my water doesn’t kill them, and PUDC doesn’t seed itself full...it’s gonna be a damn good harvest.

You will get it there! 🍀

Dothraki

Dothraki

First day after watering with 50/50 tap/distilled and problem is worse...new issues too like uniform yellowing of some lower leaves. Also a couple leaves with round brown spot here and there that looks different than the orangish rusting. I’m wondering if the PH change caused the plant to uptake nutrients that were in the medium unavailable. I watered to runoff but thinking this could be the problem. Now thinking I should go back to straight tap.

31861349 C8E6 4277 AC14 A1A58A560FE7
60BD1675 8318 4BF5 80C6 4CB8840CEE95
0A408E02 20FB 40B6 8034 7BABA8E53842
5715FFF1 F9DD 4EC1 9FD6 C259DB5BAAF8
growsince79

growsince79

First day after watering with 50/50 tap/distilled and problem is worse...new issues too like uniform yellowing of some lower leaves. Also a couple leaves with round brown spot here and there that looks different than the orangish rusting. I’m wondering if the PH change caused the plant to uptake nutrients that were in the medium unavailable. I watered to runoff but thinking this could be the problem. Now thinking I should go back to straight tap.
Because now they're not getting as much cal and mag from the tap water.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Because now they're not getting as much cal and mag from the tap water.
I just finished watering them...wondering if I should whip up a new batch and water again...or just wait and water tonight. Without the distilled added.

Top Bottom