**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

They look hungry. You got buffered nutes; ph shouldn't matter much-right? IDK, I just know my regular nutes.
I have a hard time believing a plant that size needs the same amount now as it did when it was a seedling. I guess their marketing guy - Jake MacDonald-won't be answering anymore questions on this thread. Sorry man, but I think you were duped and you need to get some real nutes.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So theres not enough cal mag or is it possible the lower PH isn’t allowing uptake?
In most cases, the pH of your water will have almost zero effect on nutrient uptake. The exception is water with high alkalinity but that's a different topic all together.

I'd keep it simple. The addition of distilled water means you have halved the amount of cal/mag. Add the cal/mag back when you mix your water up. Your plants are beginning to look hungry. I would feed them as suggested above.

It's your desire to do everything correctly that I think has you over-thinking things sometimes. Don't sweat it, it's easy to do. We probably all do it from time to time ...

S

sshortguy1

I heard keeping the water out in a jug helps getting rid of the chlorine, that's what I have done get my fertilizer mix it with a jug of water mix it good then I water them with it ever watering, I heard others saying discouraging comments saying you have a cheap @!ss light don't let them discourage you b/c I seen some fine looking gardens using 24 watt CFLs which that's something to see in person , there was a guy on 1 of these sites using a few 50 dollar 1 of those look alike king led gadgets which he harvested a QP a plant not a bad harvest off of them the only 1 I have is the 1 with the CFLs

Big buds under cfl grow lights cannabis sm
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I heard keeping the water out in a jug helps getting rid of the chlorine, that's what I have done get my fertilizer mix it with a jug of water mix it good then I water them with it ever watering, I heard others saying discouraging comments saying you have a cheap @!ss light don't let them discourage you b/c I seen some fine looking gardens using 24 watt CFLs which that's something to see in person , there was a guy on 1 of these sites using a few 50 dollar 1 of those look alike king led gadgets which he harvested a
If it's chlorine, that's true. If it's chloramines, it's not.

The reason most municipalities are now using chloramines is because it doesn't dissipate from your water.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I have a hard time believing a plant that size needs the same amount now as it did when it was a seedling. I guess their marketing guy - Jake MacDonald-won't be answering anymore questions on this thread. Sorry man, but I think you were duped and you need to get some real nutes.
In most cases, the pH of your water will have almost zero effect on nutrient uptake. The exception is water with high alkalinity but that's a different topic all together.

I'd keep it simple. The addition of distilled water means you have halved the amount of cal/mag. Add the cal/mag back when you mix your water up. Your plants are beginning to look hungry. I would feed them as suggested above.

It's your desire to do everything correctly that I think has you over-thinking things sometimes. Don't sweat it, it's easy to do. We probably all do it from time to time ...
Ok I’ll give it a shot of cal/mag with a feed tonight.

I only have a 2-0-0 cal/mag, should I go grab one that is a different ratio like 0-0-0? With the PH buffer it’ll have the plant instantly take up all of the nitrogen.

thanks guys!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Any downside to watering twice in a row? I’d like to get that cal/mag in there before more damage is done.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Any downside to watering twice in a row? I’d like to get that cal/mag in there before more damage is done.
I think you can do more damage by not letting your pots dry out sufficiently before watering in anymore food.

Solarscar

Solarscar

I heard keeping the water out in a jug helps getting rid of the chlorine, that's what I have done get my fertilizer mix it with a jug of water mix it good then I water them with it ever watering, I heard others saying discouraging comments saying you have a cheap @!ss light don't let them discourage you b/c I seen some fine looking gardens using 24 watt CFLs which that's something to see in person , there was a guy on 1 of these sites using a few 50 dollar 1 of those look alike king led gadgets which he harvested a QP a plant not a bad harvest off of them the only 1 I have is the 1 with the CFLs
I was reading some information on the idea of letting water sit out to dechlorinate. It says you would have to let it sit out for way more than 48 hours for even a small amount of chlorine to evaporate, also mentioning most people feeding with tap water are nearly always adding chlorine with no damages.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I think you can do more damage by not letting your pots dry out sufficiently before watering in anymore food.
I think you’re right. I’d like to get that cal/mag in there and hopefully save it before it’s too late.

Solarscar

Solarscar

I think you’re right. I’d like to get that cal/mag in there and hopefully save it before it’s too late.
You will be good. Just let your pots dry up some and give them cal-mag…. Your plants aren’t going to go up in smoke while waiting for a drink.

Dothraki

Dothraki

You will be good. Just let your pots dry up some and give them cal-mag…. Your plants aren’t going to go up in smoke while waiting for a drink.
There was a pretty big difference after watering yesterday...seems they all freaked out after adding distilled water to the mix lol.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Don't let the pots dry. You should be watering coco every day. Promix is more user friendly for watering.
I water every day...actually I might start watering the Lemongrass twice a day (if it doesn’t die) because it’s going through it pretty quick.

I have heard that distilled water is very hard to ph.
Even when mixed with Tap water?

I ran 2 liters through LG with regular Mantis, with cal/mag, and less distilled water to tap ratio, until about 1 liter of runoff . Also put the fan on the pot so it helps it dry quicker since I already watered a few hours ago. Hoping this works.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have heard that distilled water is very hard to ph.
There's nothing but water in distilled water. It's the lack of anything that could potentially buffer it that makes it hard to pH.
I water every day...actually I might start watering the Lemongrass twice a day (if it doesn’t die) because it’s going through it pretty quick.

Even when mixed with Tap water?
The tap water should provide enough buffer to maintain a stable pH. Just replace the missing calcium and magnesium when you feed them.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If hydro they should be able to take it up between 5.8-6.3
Some posts back, he was saying he's using a pre-buffered nute. If it's pre-buffered, it shouldn't need to be pH'd. That's kind of what we've been tossing back and forth. I'm not familiar with Mantis so I can't speak for or against the product.

(Disclaimer * not a hydro grower so take what I said for what it's worth.)

This chart could be helpful:

Nutrient uptake chart   hydro

Dothraki

Dothraki

Some posts back, he was saying he's using a pre-buffered nute. If it's pre-buffered, it shouldn't need to be pH'd. That's kind of what we've been tossing back and forth. I'm not familiar with Mantis so I can't speak for or against the product.

(Disclaimer * not a hydro grower so take what I said for what it's worth.)

This chart could be helpful:

View attachment 1207620
Correct. Supposedly if the PPM or PH is too high in the tap water, the guy that developed it said mixing with half distilled water seems to help. My tap water is 8.4 or more according to those aquarium strips. And looked like PPM was 300 which were both the highest readings on the chart so who knows maybe higher than that. Mantis says it maintains a PH between 5.2 and 6.2

Latest posts

Top Bottom