**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
The Hermie has some odd shaped buds...they are small and skinny lol. Just like their dear ol dad. hahaha jk. But do these look like a normal shape for this stage or did I screw something up?

View attachment 1209698
View attachment 1209699
Looking good you will notice different strains have different shaped buds. These look they are gonna be some “spears” with the more pointed crown.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Looking good you will notice different strains have different shaped buds. These look they are gonna be some “spears” with the more pointed crown.
Oh, yeah...it must be from the Trainwreck genes. It’s funny, the sativa dominant strain grows like an indica with sativa buds and the indica dominant (lemongrass) strain grows like a sativa but has big fat indica buds which apparently give more sativa effects lol. We are really in the frontier era of cannabis gene manipulation and I can’t imagine what will be available right around the corner. Then once it’s federally legal the real fun starts. Research, breeding, etc. It’s an exciting time for cannabis users.

D

dalegribble

my advice is to read never ask questions on others. read the books they write , is the only way to learn
who are you ? is this a prank? am i punked?
my wife told me that, she says you never knew who's on the other end it a fed or a cop could be, or a cop knocking on your door, why is there so much hatred, you love to spread the holiday hatred, it's the halls with bells of hatred ,Lal ilala la

Observationist

Observationist

you're the 1 to turn on the hatred, you will get your KARRMA OH YEAH, tell you what leave me alone, i seen hatred you bash on others i seen the fights more than 3 fights already and you're still here observation, you're the instigator why are you still effing here?
LOL

Dothraki

Dothraki

Update: Day 33 of Flower (68 days from seed)

I stopped watering until runoff 3 days ago. It seems the progression of issues have slowed down but it’s hard to tell. Definitely hasn’t progressed faster though. Appears to be some phosphorus deficiencies which after some reading can have an effect on calcium and magnesium uptake. I understand that overwatering can also cause it. Buds are getting bigger than I expected, not crazy frosty or fragrant at all. But the sugar leaves when touched smell like Pine-Sol. That’s a damn good smell for a bud. I’m debating trying to bottom feed every few days to make sure the lower stuff is getting moisture. Here’s some pics.

A1286349 07EA 40A5 9DAF 93D6770AC8F3
9D58D32A F0B7 4AA3 B557 1139BC3B33D0
B09D8E8D 78EC 4A0E 949B E76964B90444
89B10483 D997 4EDB 9D75 50B9D5D78AC5

Who doesn’t love popcorn? Most underrated bud on the plant.
389BEB05 A913 4445 92EB ECD532EF6314

029DD0DF 84A6 4A53 84D4 A034AD88F06F

Dothraki

Dothraki

And here’s an odd deficiency...odd to me anyway lol
Looks sorta bronze
8C7EF6F2 D495 492F B54F 7391C8D53AB9

Dothraki

Dothraki

The problems seem to have slowed down since watering less and letting the coco dry out more.

I was watering every day until runoff in coco/perlite with Mantis nutrients. Apparently Mantis doesn’t work well in that regard as you can see from the pics. I’m happy to say the issues seem to have slowed down since giving 1/2 the amount of water. Was giving 3 - 3 1/2 liters per 3g pot before. It would result in less than a liter runoff. I started giving 1 - 1 1/2 liters per day without any runoff and seems to be helping. Today I set the driest pot in a saucer with about 1/2 - 3/4 of a liter in the saucer and the pot sucked it right up within just a couple minutes. So that means it wasn’t toooo dry lol.

Rockin and Rollin!
E3E8E03C 1117 450C A57A 8564CC66E9AD

Not quite as big or beautiful as the stuff you guys are growing but chugging along!
532AE437 7E86 452F 9E1A 8581C450BBC6
02E21344 356D 42D8 8342 D5A950A33A0F
93ACBEC8 88D6 4FF1 A5D4 34A5F997F994

I’m getting real excited about the Hermie (PUDC that I castrated a few times). They are pretty small buds but looking frosty and smell awesome!
F640C79B DF58 4F94 AE3C 9BCA796DD4B0

I’m wondering which one will finish first Lemongrass or Dr. Frank N Furter aka Pineapple Upside Down Cake...

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hey man they're coming along and swelling up nice. I'm glad you chose not to get rid of a plant that looks perfectly fine now after all of that ridiculous scolding. Also glad you chose to refine your methods with the mantis before assuming the nutes are bad and going and getting different ones that may or may not have given you a better result. It is better to ask yourself how you can improve rather than immediately cursing the breeder or the nutes. What is that cliche saying, "a true craftsman never blames his tools"? And that's exactly what you did so kudos to you. Had you listened to every word of others with a black belt mentality, you'd be down a plant and in all reality probably spending more to end up with less. Better to keep a white belt mentality and not assume that just because someone has more experience, that they must have ALL the answers. I like the Bruce Lee quote "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, and add what is uniquely your own."

Dothraki

Dothraki

Hey man they're coming along and swelling up nice. I'm glad you chose not to get rid of a plant that looks perfectly fine now after all of that ridiculous scolding. Also glad you chose to refine your methods with the mantis before assuming the nutes are bad and going and getting different ones that may or may not have given you a better result. It is better to ask yourself how you can improve rather than immediately cursing the breeder or the nutes. What is that cliche saying, "a true craftsman never blames his tools"? And that's exactly what you did so kudos to you. Had you listened to every word of others with a black belt mentality, you'd be down a plant and in all reality probably spending more to end up with less. Better to keep a white belt mentality and not assume that just because someone has more experience, that they must have ALL the answers. I like the Bruce Lee quote "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, and add what is uniquely your own."
Absolutely right! And the rough patches of the journey only make the destination feel that much nicer. These will be some much appreciated buds when I’m finally breaking them open to fill a glass bowl. It’s interesting how minor changes and make a huge difference like when @growsince79 put my attention on temps. Brought them up and everything was looking much better immediately. I also got to experience how crazy and out of control a plant can grow and also one that stays like a little Xmas tree all short and perfectly shaped. I prefer the look and shape of the LG but it sure does take up a lot of space haha.

growsince79

growsince79

Absolutely right! And the rough patches of the journey only make the destination feel that much nicer. These will be some much appreciated buds when I’m finally breaking them open to fill a glass bowl. It’s interesting how minor changes and make a huge difference like when @growsince79 put my attention on temps. Brought them up and everything was looking much better immediately. I also got to experience how crazy and out of control a plant can grow and also one that stays like a little Xmas tree all short and perfectly shaped. I prefer the look and shape of the LG but it sure does take up a lot of space haha.
That LG should be twice that size now. Poor thing is hungry.

Krispy420

Krispy420

That LG should be twice that size now. Poor thing is hungry.
This is what I mean. Most people want to be right more than they want to be helpful. Be weary of people who always have the black and white answers. Someone who is ACTUALLY trying to help will usually ask a follow up question and provide advice while still being inquisitive, rather than pretending to know everything. It's not hard to look around and see that most are rife with hypocrisy. It's often the ones who grow in soil that will be the biggest critics of how you're watering coco (without having any details of how you're watering in the first place) It's often the ones who tell you to throw a plant away because of bugs early on that end up fighting bugs thru a whole grow. It's often the ones who have never grown autos who will be the biggest critics of them. Often the ones who have been growing the same bag seed since the 70's who will be the authority on how modern strains from actual breeders should look. Always consider and question the source regardless of how much experience they have or think they have. It was not that long ago I saw somebody with thousands and thousands of posts calling a little purple in weed " the purple death". 🤣

growsince79

growsince79

Yup, some of the others may have been the same too. Young plants are like kids, sometimes they get confused. Don't be too quick to throw out males- they might change their mind. You have plenty of time to get rid of them.

growsince79

growsince79

This is what I mean. Most people want to be right more than they want to be helpful. Be weary of people who always have the black and white answers. Someone who is ACTUALLY trying to help will usually ask a follow up question and provide advice while still being inquisitive, rather than pretending to know everything. It's not hard to look around and see that most are rife with hypocrisy. It's often the ones who grow in soil that will be the biggest critics of how you're watering coco (without having any details of how you're watering in the first place) It's often the ones who tell you to throw a plant away because of bugs early on that end up fighting bugs thru a whole grow. It's often the ones who have never grown autos who will be the biggest critics of them. Often the ones who have been growing the same bag seed since the 70's who will be the authority on how modern strains from actual breeders should look. Always consider and question the source regardless of how much experience they have or think they have. It was not that long ago I saw somebody with thousands and thousands of posts calling a little purple in weed " the purple death". 🤣
I'm no expert on new and modern strains, but I'm pretty sure red stems and yellow leaves in early flower isn't how they are supposed to look. The plant will probably finish and be just as good as if it had been well nourished. But the yield won't be what it should have been...

Krispy420

Krispy420

Yup, some of the others may have been the same too. Young plants are like kids, sometimes they get confused. Don't be too quick to throw out males- they might change their mind. You have plenty of time to get rid of them.
Did I miss something? I will acknowledge that I remember you saying that. you probably shouldn't assume everything I said was about you...Do you not remember other people jumping the gun and telling him to get rid of it immediately and then scolding him when he chose not to? You seem like an alright guy, at least you can handle a disagreement without shooting straight to the ignore like a kid in need of a safe space. I'll give you that. But you also strike me as a guy who thinks he's got all the answers and claims to have X amount of experience but in actuality probably stopped learning a long time ago. Who needs to learn and try new shit when they already got all the answers right?
The plant will probably finish and be just as good as if it had been well nourished
then who actually gives a shit? Things aren't gonna go perfect every time especially for a brand new grower working with a brand new medium and brand new everything. Everybody should strive for perfection but that doesn't mean you should scold people or tell them to switch everything up if they don't achieve it. Who are you comparing his grow with when you say it should be twice as big? the breeder? 🤣

growsince79

growsince79

Did I miss something? I will acknowledge that I remember you saying that. you probably shouldn't assume everything I said was about you...Do you not remember other people jumping the gun and telling him to get rid of it immediately and then scolding him when he chose not to? You seem like an alright guy, at least you can handle a disagreement without shooting straight to the ignore like a kid in need of a safe space. I'll give you that. But you also strike me as a guy who thinks he's got all the answers and claims to have X amount of experience but in actuality probably stopped learning a long time ago. Who needs to learn and try new shit when they already got all the answers right?

then who actually gives a shit? Things aren't gonna go perfect every time especially for a brand new grower working with a brand new medium and brand new everything. Everybody should strive for perfection but that doesn't mean you should scold people or tell them to switch everything up if they don't achieve it. Who are you comparing his grow with when you say it should be twice as big? the breeder? 🤣
Did you not read the thread? We had a guy pretending to be a happy Mantis customer convince a new grower to pay 10x the price for nutes that ain't worth a shit. Sorry, but I do care. I hate seeing people get ripped off.

Krispy420

Krispy420

Did you not read the thread? We had a guy pretending to be a happy Mantis customer convince a new grower to pay 10x the price for nutes that ain't worth a shit. Sorry, but I do care. I hate seeing people get ripped off.
Fair enough, I did miss that...I've read alot of the thread but It's pretty long and I certainly haven't seen ALL of it. For the record I never said mantis was bad or good because I have zero clue and never used it. And I don't like people getting ripped off either. I have no clue how much it costs but I'm sure we could probably agree that it's overpriced. My point was simply that it's not good to immediately assume your shit doesn't work or that it's somebody else's fault when things aren't going your way. Maybe there are actually people who have had good results with mantis? I'd certainly like to believe so... but I honestly have no idea and haven't looked into it enough.

growsince79

growsince79

Fair enough, I did miss that...I've read alot of the thread but It's pretty long and I certainly haven't seen ALL of it. For the record I never said mantis was bad or good because I have zero clue and never used it. And I don't like people getting ripped off either. I have no clue how much it costs but I'm sure we could probably agree that it's overpriced. My point was simply that it's not good to immediately assume your shit doesn't work or that it's somebody else's fault when things aren't going your way. Maybe there are actually people who have had good results with mantis? I'd certainly like to believe so... but I honestly have no idea and haven't looked into it enough.
It might have been in another thread idk. The guy pretending to be the happy user (jakecan) ran away when asked if he was Jake MacDonald -operations manager for Mantis nutes.

Dothraki

Dothraki

It might have been in another thread idk. The guy pretending to be the happy user (jakecan) ran away when asked if he was Jake MacDonald -operations manager for Mantis nutes.
Seriously??? So that’s why he wasn’t responding to my messages? Goddamnit. I came across another grow on a different forum where the guy was using Mantis and ran into the same issues...although when using promix he didnt run into problems like with the coco. So @Jakecan works for Mantis???

Dothraki

Dothraki

Today marks 5 Weeks of Flower. Per breeder is 50 days so I guess 2-3 more weeks, 4 at longest.

Looks like outdoor bud. 2 buds closest to lights have some fox tailing. Not much smell unless you touch the sugar leaves.

6DE3E265 9F56 4E65 B5BA 6F48D4DD0F76

66EB2911 3E11 452B A317 795037F615B4
7F1180F6 1967 44D0 8839 C8FFEFFC444E

7188F7D2 B618 4017 8EC3 B4BC6E3B9DB4
ABC1CB0E F002 43A1 8DA2 FC2BE2F67111
5A21EBD8 D70F 49A3 8C8D EAD135242D23

Just realized....wow I’ve actually made it pretty far for my first grow. Only a few weeks left. It’s weird looking at the plants every single day and only noticing growth changes in tiny amounts on certain days...but then realize you have a huge monster plant with big fat buds on it. These are going to be chunky.

Top Bottom