**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

The Kraken! This thing is going to yield a lot more than I expected but that’s not why I’m excited today. I lightly touched a popcorn bud today towards the bottom of the plant and I swear someone snuck into my tent in the middle of the night and poured Lemon Pledge all over the buds. It reeeeks of pungent lemon pledge, pine-sol. I remember a fantastic bag of top shelf I had 2 years ago called Lemontine that I always wish I had more because it reeked of lemony deliciousness. This Lemongrass smells even better. More lemon, more delicious, zesty and citric, must be some fuel in there giving it the pledge or pine-sol edge.

Buds everywhere! Homemade pine-sol from fresh squeezed lemons.

08D400BF C6E4 4D55 8D77 628B1E72BC3A
D0AB719D 9BA3 4E69 9713 727FB8298681
CAFB350C 7E62 4F0D 9C2B E84BC5AFFE99

1FDE14C4 0225 4CD6 8096 CFD58869CB2D

73825033 DCE3 4BDE AE18 1358A3F64431

162A0ED3 9416 4E6D 8AFC 6D265A145677
4C55C820 3A6B 45C8 8858 DC2BC8A0E40A
238B3DF6 2E54 4111 8CED 26794BA8437A

Dothraki

Dothraki

Looks to me like its got another 3 weeks, but you never know. It also looks like you started flushing too soon.
I’m not flushing lol. They are definitely acting like it though. I think this Mantis just sucks. Everything else is good. Temps, Humidity, fresh air circulation etc.. Whats weird is they were looking nute burnt and hungry for nutes all at the same time. New stuff too like a crazy red/bronze color on one of the big bottom leaves. Think I should try feeding more nutes or water more?

Anthem

Anthem

Update: Day 33 of Flower (68 days from seed)

I stopped watering until runoff 3 days ago. It seems the progression of issues have slowed down but it’s hard to tell. Definitely hasn’t progressed faster though. Appears to be some phosphorus deficiencies which after some reading can have an effect on calcium and magnesium uptake. I understand that overwatering can also cause it. Buds are getting bigger than I expected, not crazy frosty or fragrant at all. But the sugar leaves when touched smell like Pine-Sol. That’s a damn good smell for a bud. I’m debating trying to bottom feed every few days to make sure the lower stuff is getting moisture. Here’s some pics.

View attachment 1210012View attachment 1210013View attachment 1210014View attachment 1210015

Who doesn’t love popcorn? Most underrated bud on the plant.
View attachment 1210018

View attachment 1210019
Small

Dothraki

Dothraki

Too much light, P and K
Yeah, unfortunately with the nutrient solution I’m running you can’t add anything, adjust PH, adjust feed amount, or even test the PH due to the buffer being used. I’m locked in for the ride. Except for light...already turned that back a little.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I don’t even need to run this se5000 at full power. I actually backed off on the power because a couple buds started foxtailing up top. Good to know the light isn’t the limiting factor here.

View attachment 1212402
Ya you have more than enough light. Is that a 3x3 tent? Their se-3000 (300 watt) fixture would’ve been plenty for this space so think about that when dialing in the light. The bars are almost touching the sides of the tent. The reflective walls are really going to help in this set up. I would run the fixture at like 60% and adjust height until your in a nice range for flowering.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ya you have more than enough light. Is that a 3x3 tent? Their se-3000 (300 watt) fixture would’ve been plenty for this space so think about that when dialing in the light. The bars are almost touching the sides of the tent. The reflective walls are really going to help in this set up. I would run the fixture at like 60% and adjust height until your in a nice range for flowering.
You know it’s odd though... according to the Photone app I‘m only at 30,000 Lux. From what I’ve read you need 60-80k during flowering??

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You know it’s odd though... according to the Photone app I‘m only at 30,000 Lux. From what I’ve read you need 60-80k during flowering??
Phone apps are hit or miss. The model phone makes difference too. The Unit-T lux meter on Amazon is great and Shane from migro has an equation to convert over to ppfd. Lux multiplied by .017 and you’re good to go!

Krispy420

Krispy420

Removed the SE5000 driver and mounted outside the tent. Brought temps down a few degrees. 5 1/2 weeks from flip. Supposedly a 7-8 weeker. Have seen journals record 50-55 days indoors. 🤞🤞
View attachment 1211945
Damn dude the kraken is looking worse for wear. How about the other one is it still nice and green? The more I look into it, I think @growsince79 was right about mantis being a rip off. Same rate start to finish and automatically buffered water both sound like a pretense aimed at taking advantage of new growers. It also seems the only people endorsing the product are people associated with the company. At $100 a bottle no wonder they can't get anybody to try it. They lowered the price to $70 but it's still over-priced and probably just a last ditch effort to get a few customers before it goes out of production or they go out of business entirely.

growsince79

growsince79

Damn dude the kraken is looking worse for wear. How about the other one is it still nice and green? The more I look into it, I think @growsince79 was right about mantis being a rip off. Same rate start to finish and automatically buffered water both sound like a pretense aimed at taking advantage of new growers. It also seems the only people endorsing the product are people associated with the company. At $100 a bottle no wonder they can't get anybody to try it. They lowered the price to $70 but it's still over-priced and probably just a last ditch effort to get a few customers before it goes out of production or they go out of business entirely.
A $20 bottle/bag of regular nutes should make several pounds of bud.

Krispy420

Krispy420

A $20 bottle/bag of regular nutes should make several pounds of bud.
Yeah you can get a 5 lb box of down to earth 4-4-4 for $17. Could even add some ph up/down for another $10 to get the free shipping and still be at a fraction of the cost. I'd personally prefer at least a 2 or 3 part to be able to lean more towards veg or flower but nonetheless I see your point, and I agree.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yeah the leaves aren’t looking good. Buds look and smell awesome though so hoping it doesn’t work it’s way towards them. I thought the exact same thing....trying to offload bottles before calling it quits on Mantis, or the company in general.

Latest posts

Top Bottom