**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ooooh...mushrooms? Interesting!
Yep. I have enough flower put up for myself that I'm going to shut down the cannabis garden once this last run is complete. I'll start up another run in the fall. Mushrooms grow quick. It's something different ... and because we won't be tied to a grow during the summer, we can take a vacation somewhere.

Dye

Dye

Dude what the hell are you talking about lol. Did I miss part of this conversation? I’m not using CO2. As far as electricity use you just have to not overload.

As far as how many plants people are growing...that’s THEIR OWN business and nobody else’s. No person has the right to tell another person what they can or can’t do if it’s not hurting anyone else. Anyone that believes otherwise is delusional. This is true 10 fold in today’s ass backwards illogical society where men are allowed to compete in women’s sports, alcohol is not only legal but encouraged, and cannabis is federally illegal and tightly controlled by state regulations. Hmm....seems like government is meddling and reaching where they don’t belong, and aren’t welcomed. So you can tell your brother to stop sticking his nose in other peoples business and worry about himself. It doesn‘t matter how disgusting I find fast food, I have no right to stop someone else from eating it. My philosophy is this...use your brain and think for yourself.
Dude what the hell are you talking about lol. Did I miss part of this conversation? I’m not using CO2. As far as electricity use you just have to not overload. As far as how many plants people are growing...that’s THEIR OWN business and nobody else’s. No person has the right to tell another person what they can or can’t do if it’s not hurting anyone else. Anyone that believes otherwise is delusional. This is true 10 fold in today’s ass backwards illogical society where men are allowed to compete in women’s sports, alcohol is not only legal but encouraged, and cannabis is federally illegal and tightly controlled by state regulations. Hmm....seems like government is meddling and reaching where they don’t belong, and aren’t welcomed. So you can tell your brother to stop sticking his nose in other peoples business and worry about himself. It doesn‘t matter how disgusting I find fast food, I have no right to stop someone else from eating it. My philosophy is this...use your brain and think for yourself. [/QUOTE

Ha ha ha ha ha sorry could not stay away ha ha ha ha ha “order out of Chaos “

Observationist

Observationist

Yep. I have enough flower put up for myself that I'm going to shut down the cannabis garden once this last run is complete. I'll start up another run in the fall. Mushrooms grow quick. It's something different ... and because we won't be tied to a grow during the summer, we can take a vacation somewhere.
hell YES now we are talking

lets turn this into a psilocybin forum

i would love to grow shrooms but my options for spores is darknet or reddit ?

Dothraki

Dothraki

Sooo my Lemongrass is not looking good. I’m debating flushing that Mantis crap and using something that can fix this problem. I don’t even know if it’s possible 4 1/2 weeks into flower but it looks like it’ll be DEAD before harvest.

If anyone has a solution...I’m willing to buy gallons of spring water and a nutrient mix that can save it.

3FC7D553 AC92 4010 AC4A C2D82C6BC5BC
51488A28 6F4D 4BF9 9FD6 DB4512D5C241
B98D3493 6FE4 41F6 89E6 ACEE3A57C5AF

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Sooo my Lemongrass is not looking good. I’m debating flushing that Mantis crap and using something that can fix this problem. I don’t even know if it’s possible 4 1/2 weeks into flower but it looks like it’ll be DEAD before harvest.

If anyone has a solution...I’m willing to buy gallons of spring water and a nutrient mix that can save it.

View attachment 1209107View attachment 1209108View attachment 1209109

There's a number of top quality nutrient lines. I have not tried all that many brands, but of the ones I've tried I like Roots Organic terp teas and Botanicare's Organic line. I don't know how either would translate to coco though.

General Hydroponics has a good reputation for the most part. It's an option to look at although I've not used their nutrient products.

growsince79

growsince79

What he said wasn’t hateful at all, it was a JOKE, sarcasm, do you see the laughing and winking emoji??

View attachment 1209107View attachment 1209108View attachment 1209109

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Just cut a bit back on the nutes, when I flower I do that to, but in veg I would recommend botanacare pro grow just fish mulch and nitro 1ml per USgal then watered down never once burned a plant and they luv it, see Pic just the tips in flower.

20220119 103350
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just cut a bit back on the nutes, when I flower I do that to, but in veg I would recommend botanacare pro grow just fish mulch and nitro 1ml per USgal then watered down never once burned a plant and they luv it, see Pic just the tips in flower.
Yes, that's botanicare's organic line. It's a solid choice in soil anyway. I used it on my last run. Sour Diesel and Skywalker Kush. I also used Fish Sh!t and a weekly dose of recharge. Some of the best tasting plants we've grown.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Thanks guys. Now the million dollar question...how would I go about flushing the ph buffered solution without it going bananas on the plants lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Plain distilled water is usually sufficient. There are products like Bush Doctor Sledge Hammer (It's by Fox Farm) that are designed to flush out salts, but I'm not sure if you need that. Regardless of how you approach it, you'll need to feed your plants right after the flush. So have your new ferts on hand before flushing.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I just clipped off most of the big fan leaves that look sick. There were 3 giant ...main...fan leaves (are those called water leaves?) and a couple regular fan leaves.

S

sshortguy1

Man, I think you should go to your nearest Walmart and buy a sense of humor.
since of humor? there's a difference between humor and sales? YOU KNOW THAT OR JUST DELUDED OR INCOHERENT, the last month is everyone trying to push me onto a spider farmer light, but I didn't get it, there are other lights that outweigh them by a definitely higher-margin, take Photoontek, 1600 dollar same as California grow light another 2 grand light, you have to shop around, I don't rush out & buy the 1st light someone tells me to buy, I compare the products, what they can do what the other can't, I bought 2 comparable lights mine are fine, which you telling me they are cheap lights buy spider farmer, which was more than they were, damn if you're going to be in sales think like a customer looking for the same thing but 1 flaw never lie to others about a product which I ran into a bunch of lies already, I said my peace, next time be honest to the new people that join in, don't lie don't try to persuade, honesty is your only tool to sell

Dothraki

Dothraki

since of humor? there's a difference between humor and sales? YOU KNOW THAT OR JUST DELUDED OR INCOHERENT, the last month is everyone trying to push me onto a spider farmer light, but I didn't get it, there are other lights that outweigh them by a definitely higher-margin, take Photoontek, 1600 dollar same as California grow light another 2 grand light, you have to shop around, I don't rush out & buy the 1st light someone tells me to buy, I compare the products, what they can do what the other can't, I bought 2 comparable lights mine are fine, which you telling me they are cheap lights buy spider farmer, which was more than they were, damn if you're going to be in sales think like a customer looking for the same thing but 1 flaw never lie to others about a product which I ran into a bunch of lies already, I said my peace, next time be honest to the new people that join in, don't lie don't try to persuade, honesty is your only tool to sell
I’m not sure what others told you to do...but you need to do your own research when making a purchase dont just let people tell you what to buy. I bought a spider farmer light because it was the best bang for the buck according to my research. It has UV and IR light which were selling points for me. I’ve seen tons of stellar grows that were obviously not hindered in any way by the light, which is usually the limiting factor (unless outdoors). So I’m not sure what makes the other lights “better” but I can say that not once throughout this grow with the upgrade to SE500...never once have I thought “man, I need a better light”. It provides more than enough for what the plant needs , more than enough PPFD, DLI, how ever you want to measure it, in all the right spectrum. That has been my experience so I would recommend a Spider Farmer light all the way. This grow is sponsored with the SE5000 but I had already purchased it’s little brother the SE3000 and if I had the extra money would have bought the SE5000 because I feel it’s the best deal for the price. The more you pay the smaller increments of “better” you will get. Same as my Chinese made Eastman guitar. You simply cannot get the same quality for that price made in US. I also have a Martin D28. Its a little lighter being Sitka instead of Adirondack spruce, the tone is a little better (which is subjective) but overall the Chinese made Eastman is 1/2 the cost. The Martin is maybe 10-15% better which most people wouldn’t know the difference. The Eastman is more fun to play, has more punch and character especially with heavy gauge strings to really push that Adirondack Spruce.

My point is this... buy what fits your needs, don’t pay attention to where it was made but rather how it was made and performs, and price alone is never an indicator of quality. This isn’t the 1980s where everything from China is junk. They put out some damn fine guitars and some damn good grow lights. Buy whatever light you want I’m just telling you my reasons for choosing SF and so far I’ve been very happy with my choice, it’s not even a thought.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Even though all the issues it seems buds are fattening up nice. Praying to the cannabis gods that I make it to harvest.

E5CB9AE7 0124 4FBB 98DF 6E7FF894CB55

412374EA A650 4658 A965 961B4B9B3360

828D69DC 9B22 4297 A5DD 0BE52EA0AEFE

74FA6C0B F5C3 4EA6 98B8 AC4AF7A779B2

When I touch the sugar leaves it smells like straight up concentrated Pine-Sol. The buds still don’t look like buds, just wispy white stigma everywhere. Not sure if that’s good, bad, or neither. Turned the light down a little like 15% because the tacoeing and one bud looks a little foxtaily. The closest bud is like 6 1/2 inches from the light, all the way on the right side in pic. I think I’ll slowly start dropping temps and humidity soon.

Observationist

Observationist

Even though all the issues it seems buds are fattening up nice. Praying to the cannabis gods that I make it to harvest.

View attachment 1209538
View attachment 1209539
View attachment 1209540
View attachment 1209541

When I touch the sugar leaves it smells like straight up concentrated Pine-Sol. The buds still don’t look like buds, just wispy white stigma everywhere. Not sure if that’s good, bad, or neither. Turned the light down a little like 15% because the tacoeing and one bud looks a little foxtaily. The closest bud is like 6 1/2 inches from the light, all the way on the right side in pic. I think I’ll slowly start dropping temps and humidity soon.
My thought

bigger cluster of white hairs

bigger bud

Dothraki

Dothraki

The Hermie has some odd shaped buds...they are small and skinny lol. Just like their dear ol dad. hahaha jk. But do these look like a normal shape for this stage or did I screw something up?

098F849C B09D 484D 917F B1B4461513EB

62C19334 EDA7 4675 B5FB 11B131C05181

Top Bottom