• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
What do you guys think? I don’t really see it on the low leaves only the tops

View attachment 1200334View attachment 1200335
Don’t worry about the nute burn that’s ok when your pushing them hard but if it progresses then there could be issues. Also light stress at the very center can happen if the light is too close. That was a symptom that I recognized on my plants before so I backed it off.

Observationist

Observationist

Well i havent really added anything to the median the leaves seem to close up at the tip twist a little and get a little yellow.
Run off ppm?
Don’t worry about the nute burn that’s ok when your pushing them hard but if it progresses then there could be issues. Also light stress at the very center can happen if the light is too close. That was a symptom that I recognized on my plants before so I backed it off.
this

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
IVe been reading on here that you can run the room warmer with LEDs because bulbs put off more heat, or the spectrum heats the leafs up more so?

but a wat of heat is the same regardless 3.something something btu/per watt

can anyone correct this or fill in more info?
Yes it’s ok to run hotter so the low 80z is acceptable.

Observationist

Observationist

Yes it’s ok to run hotter so the low 80z is acceptable.
That works out.
I had to switch my lights around

I don’t want my mother to stretch so much, the little flowering plants can deal with it. (till i buy another light)

but now the closet is heating up way more…but I guess that also works out lol...ya know it’s a cheap Chinese LED but maybe I underestimated it a little bit, pulls an ACTUAL 380w both switches

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
That works out.
I had to switch my lights around

I don’t want my mother to stretch so much, the little flowering plants can deal with it.
Yes it really does give you an advantage to run hotter and not have to worry about growth suffering.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
I dont water to run off. Ph water to 6.5 temp of water 70 degrees. Tap water ph is 7.2 but i aerate it to get rid of chlorine for a couple of days ph then goes to about 8.4 so i ph down to 64 to65

Observationist

Observationist

I dont water to run off. Ph water to 6.5 temp of water 70 degrees. Tap water ph is 7.2 but i aerate it to get rid of chlorine for a couple of days ph then goes to about 8.4 so i ph down to 64 to65
i try not to water to run off either but, ALL medium needs to have water for the roots to grow through, not dry out and die as well ?

( i add ? to something that im not 100% confident on or is possibly incorrect, so again dont take EVERYTHING i say to be true)
..with a grain of salt some say.

Observationist

Observationist

thats nute burn bro.

next time you water, just give PHd RO/or tap water.
i could be wrong i thought it was this. either way just water will help diagnose, if it gets worse then itll help narrow things down

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
i try not to water to run off either but, ALL medium needs to have water for the roots to grow through, not dry out and die as well ?

( i add ? to something that im not 100% confident on or is possibly incorrect, so again dont take EVERYTHING i say to be true)
..with a grain of salt some say
Even if you are highly skilled at watering, and controlling feeds, just bad advise for this thread
imo unless your in organic, you should always water till runoff.

if you don’t get runoff, it’s very difficult to gather ph, and ppm information
out with the old, and in with the new🚽💦
Plain water will fuck up coco.
Nope. Tap is fine. RO no go.

Observationist

Observationist

Even if you are highly skilled at watering, and controlling feeds, just bad advise for this thread
imo unless your in organic, you should always water till runoff.

if you don’t get runoff, it’s very difficult to gather ph, and ppm information
out with the old, and in with the new🚽💦

Nope. Tap is fine. RO no go.
Thanks for clairification!

my mothers are in ocean forest
Clones in coco

I am keeping those moist/wet

Dothraki

Dothraki

By pushing them hard what do you mean? Because my lights are dimmed to 40% and around 30” from canopy. They were only up to 60% at the most. Temps are mild too...so I’m confused how I’d be pushing them hard but of course there might be something I’m missing.

IVe been reading on here that you can run the room warmer with LEDs because bulbs put off more heat, or the spectrum heats the leafs up more so?

but a wat of heat is the same regardless 3.something something btu/per watt

can anyone correct this or fill in more info?
As I understand it has something to do with the metabolic rate of the plant. Since LEDs don’t have infrared light to raise leaf temps...the SE5000 does have IR (and UV) but I’m not sure how much and if it’s comparable to non led or the sun. So that’s why (I think) LED grows require higher temps, as well as calcium and magnesium. @growsince79 does that sound about right?

Observationist

Observationist

By pushing them hard what do you mean? Because my lights are dimmed to 40% and around 30” from canopy. They were only up to 60% at the most. Temps are mild too...so I’m confused how I’d be pushing them hard but of course there might be something I’m missing.

As I understand it has something to do with the metabolic rate of the plant. Since LEDs don’t have infrared light to raise leaf temps...the SE5000 does have IR (and UV) but I’m not sure how much and if it’s comparable to non led or the sun. So that’s why (I think) LED grows require higher temps, as well as calcium and magnesium. @growsince79 does that sound about right?
pushing them hard as in, maxing the photosynthetic rate that they can achieve with said medium/environment ?

that sounds about spot on, except

nothing is comparable to the sun.

but yea LED boards are supposed to supplement UV and IR, cause HPS is pretty decent with Red.

growsince79

growsince79

Led doesn't come close to sunlight for IR. Finding the sweet spot for leaf temp is a good way to go. My plants seem to like 77-78 on my gun.

Krispy420

Krispy420

hey man It's been a little while, I'm just going through and catching up on your grow. plants look good they are really starting to take off 👍 that's dope that spiderfarmer gave u a se5000. I saw your post about the herm or male that's a bummer but no biggy at least you got your eye on it and can do something before it's too late. Anyway, I'm back along for the ride look forward to seeing how they flower

Dothraki

Dothraki

hey man It's been a little while, I'm just going through and catching up on your grow. plants look good they are really starting to take off 👍 that's dope that spiderfarmer gave u a se5000. I saw your post about the herm or male that's a bummer but no biggy at least you got your eye on it and can do something before it's too late. Anyway, I'm back along for the ride look forward to seeing how they flower
Hell yeah good to have you back! I better go check yours out right now 🤘🤘

Top Bottom