Arthrobacter globiformis
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus brevis
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus coagulans
Bacillus polymyxa
Bacillus pumilus
Bacillus subtilis
Bacillus thuringiensis canadiensis (The alternative to nematodes vs insects and larvae, they live better and longer in the soil)
Paenibacillus polymyxa

Piranha
Glomus aggregatum
Glomus mosseae
Pseudomonas chlororaphis
Glomus intraradices
Pseudomonas putida
Rhizopogon amylopogon
Rhizopogon fulvigleba
Rhizopogon villosulus
Trichoderma viride
Trochoderma harzianum
Trichoderma kongii

There are some that wont appear in the guaranteed analysis from AN but all the grows still put them as they are in the formula. I think they dont put them in the guaranteed analysis either because they dont want to (but buyers can ask for a detalied list of everything in there) or because they cant guarantee that they will make it alive until you get them (the ones that dont appear in the guaranteed analysis). I personally think is the first reason, many companies only put a couple ingredients and some not even one in order to keep the formula "secret" but gnats dont damage my plants since I use Tarantula no matter how many there are. The microorganisms feed on carbs (like bud candy or molasses), on nutes (then they poop and the plant has better uptake) and some feed on others in the list. Use a little bit more carbs when you introduce them in the soil. I do minium 2 applications, one in the second or third week of veg and one in the first week of flower, that way I ensure that if any of them got wiped or are low on numbers I introduce them back. Dont use chlorinated water and dont use synthetic nutes, thats not good for them. If you use tap water let the chlorine evaporate for a couple of days or more before using it. If you use RO water there's nothing to worry about. Mix everything well if youre adding something to the water before adding the microbes, some might die if they run into concentrated liquids in the water.

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Are any Piranhas or Tarantulas harmed in order to get this stuff out of them? ;)

I'm just kidding, but this kind of stuff is also being discussed in another thread......micronutrients, enzymes, bacteria.....it's certainly all very interesting. I won't rewrite the whole thing but for most of us with minimal knowledge about all of this, sometimes a more basic explanation can be helpful.

Otherwise I'm gonna feed my plants yogurt and kombucha. That'll probably just give me happier gnats. ;)

Eledin

Eledin

Hahaha hopefully not any piranhas or tarantulas are harmed. Im following the thread you mentioned and I saw your last post. Ill try to give you a short and direct response there.

Eledin

Eledin

In case the OP is interested in what I wrote in the other thread
Microorganisms: fight pests, assimilate nutrients for your plants improving uptake by breaking down organic material, results in healthier roots, more roots and hence bigger plants.
Enzymes: Makes the decomposing process of organic matter faster. (Like organic ammendments, organic liquids or old roots). Helps keep the soil clean since youre taking whats in there before adding more ferts. They also convert accumulated salts in the roots from nutrients in food, keep the roots clear aswell for better uptake.
Micronutrients: Too many for a tl;dr. You use them when you want a little extra boost or just to ensure the health of your plant, youre not gonna get huge gains with many of them but with others you might. Silica for example makes your plant way stronger and thicker, its present in your medium already most likely (unless youre using coco) but adding an extra is very noticeable. Carbohydrates are crucial for sticky smelly flowers. Iron, Manganese, Zinc, etc are already present if youre using tap water or even bottled water (ammounts will be different, a ppm meter can give you an idea on how many minerals the water has), but Im not sure about RO water, thats when maybe buying those can make a difference. Many base ferts also include them. Calcium and Magnessium also come in tap water, but if your base fert doesnt have it its advisable to use calmag, if your base ferts have calcium and magnessium then only if any sign of deficiency appears. Calcium is crucial as a building block for the plant new material. Magnessium is crucial for the photosyntesis and it also helps with salt build up in the soil.
Did I forget anything? Do you need more info? If so ask a question and I will try to answer if its inside my knowdledge and I will try to leave behind the science behind it and things that might confuse people.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Hey bro idk if its still available but lookup Xtreme Gardening. Last year I got a free sample box off their site and all I had to pay was the 10$ shipping. It came with sample packs of:
-mykos wp
-mykos granules
-azos
-compost tea brew
-calcarb (never used and heard strange things about using as foliar, read up before use.)

Like I said, i'm not sure if its avaliable for a free sample box anymore but its definitely enough for a couple grows in your setup. Reading the last couple posts idk if this helps cause I grow soil not coco but yeah.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Well, I just looked it up and it looks out of stock. Something to keep in mind though, they even added their new Versity Bacilllus blend to the kit. Wish I could get another sample just for that haha I later went on to buy a 2lb bag of mykos and just use that now.

hzydze

hzydze

Vodoo
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens
Bacillus cereus
Bacillus laterosporus
Bacillus locheniformis
Bacillus macerans
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus mycoides
Bacillus polymyxa
Bacillus pumilus
Bacillus subtilis
Paenibacillus azotofixans
Paenibacillus polymyxa

Tarantula

Arthrobacter globiformis
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus brevis
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus coagulans
Bacillus polymyxa
Bacillus pumilus
Bacillus subtilis
Bacillus thuringiensis canadiensis (The alternative to nematodes vs insects and larvae, they live better and longer in the soil)
Paenibacillus polymyxa

Piranha
Glomus aggregatum
Glomus mosseae
Pseudomonas chlororaphis
Glomus intraradices
Pseudomonas putida
Rhizopogon amylopogon
Rhizopogon fulvigleba
Rhizopogon villosulus
Trichoderma viride
Trochoderma harzianum
Trichoderma kongii

There are some that wont appear in the guaranteed analysis from AN but all the grows still put them as they are in the formula. I think they dont put them in the guaranteed analysis either because they dont want to (but buyers can ask for a detalied list of everything in there) or because they cant guarantee that they will make it alive until you get them (the ones that dont appear in the guaranteed analysis). I personally think is the first reason, many companies only put a couple ingredients and some not even one in order to keep the formula "secret" but gnats dont damage my plants since I use Tarantula no matter how many there are. The microorganisms feed on carbs (like bud candy or molasses), on nutes (then they poop and the plant has better uptake) and some feed on others in the list. Use a little bit more carbs when you introduce them in the soil. I do minium 2 applications, one in the second or third week of veg and one in the first week of flower, that way I ensure that if any of them got wiped or are low on numbers I introduce them back. Dont use chlorinated water and dont use synthetic nutes, thats not good for them. If you use tap water let the chlorine evaporate for a couple of days or more before using it. If you use RO water there's nothing to worry about. Mix everything well if youre adding something to the water before adding the microbes, some might die if they run into concentrated liquids in the water.
Thank you for all that info man! I love learning about this stuff. I have some bud candy so I'll mix that in with it. I use HGV nutrients as well so hopefully that won't kill off any microbes in the tarantula mix if I go with that one. On the AN site it says to stop giving tarantula after week 2 of flower and im entering week 4 of flower. Would it have any negative effects adding tarantula after the recommended time of use?

hzydze

hzydze

Are any Piranhas or Tarantulas harmed in order to get this stuff out of them? ;)

I'm just kidding, but this kind of stuff is also being discussed in another thread......micronutrients, enzymes, bacteria.....it's certainly all very interesting. I won't rewrite the whole thing but for most of us with minimal knowledge about all of this, sometimes a more basic explanation can be helpful.

Otherwise I'm gonna feed my plants yogurt and kombucha. That'll probably just give me happier gnats. ;)
haha I think ill go with yogurt and kombucha and see how that works out 😆

hzydze

hzydze

Well, I just looked it up and it looks out of stock. Something to keep in mind though, they even added their new Versity Bacilllus blend to the kit. Wish I could get another sample just for that haha I later went on to buy a 2lb bag of mykos and just use that now.
Thank you for the recommendations! I remember seeing that brand at the hydro store when I last went. The varsity bacillus is looking damn good right now! Deciding between that one and advanced nutrients tarantula. Versity has a higher amount of microbes but missing some that tarantula has. Time to research more haha.

Eledin

Eledin

Thank you for all that info man! I love learning about this stuff. I have some bud candy so I'll mix that in with it. I use HGV nutrients as well so hopefully that won't kill off any microbes in the tarantula mix if I go with that one. On the AN site it says to stop giving tarantula after week 2 of flower and im entering week 4 of flower. Would it have any negative effects adding tarantula after the recommended time of use?
Its totally fine, it marks week 1 and 2 of flower because the plant is still growing and rooting at that point but you can still get the benefits even if you come late to the party, your roots wont improve at this point but the plant will be stronger and will assimilate nutes easier.

hzydze

hzydze

Its totally fine, it marks week 1 and 2 of flower because the plant is still growing and rooting at that point but you can still get the benefits even if you come late to the party, your roots wont improve at this point but the plant will be stronger and will assimilate nutes easier.
Good to know, thanks. Im going to have to incorporate that in future grows. I just got back from the hydro store and just my luck they were out of both the tarantula and versity bacillus. Im going to order one online today but they gave me some mosquito bits to try out in the meantime. Have you had any experience using the bits?

Eledin

Eledin

Good to know, thanks. Im going to have to incorporate that in future grows. I just got back from the hydro store and just my luck they were out of both the tarantula and versity bacillus. Im going to order one online today but they gave me some mosquito bits to try out in the meantime. Have you had any experience using the bits?
I have never tried them but they should help.

hzydze

hzydze

I have never tried them but they should help.
I'll let you know how it goes. I'm soaking the bits in water right now. Thinking about waiting 1 more day to feed them. The top of the coco looks dry but under that it's still a little moist. Besides that some leaves are starting to get some frost on them and that gets me so damn happy!

hzydze

hzydze

Day 19 Flower Update

Did not water for 2 days in an attempt to get rid of fungus gnats. In total I saw 5 gnats that were stuck to sticky traps. I fed both plants with added mosquito bits in the water. Hopefully that kills off the larvae. I let the mosquito bits soak in the water for an hour then mixed nutes in and fed. Plants looking healthy with frost developing and pistils emerging. I usually get 10% runoff on each plant but today I got zero runoff. Probably because I didn’t water for 2 days but no runoff worries me a bit. Wedding cake sitting at 29” and GMO at 19” GMO hasn’t really stretched much but I’m thinking she’s a late bloomer or maybe stunted growth idk.

6BB03849 258D 42E3 A445 23C75B8E0127
C9370692 ABF4 477A 82BB 0E4EE24A8D88
62207583 6F13 4576 AA4E C3A8FD72391E
E98E876F 86DF 49FC 84D0 1F39C65EC395
Lockebox

Lockebox

Day 19 Flower Update

Did not water for 2 days in an attempt to get rid of fungus gnats. In total I saw 5 gnats that were stuck to sticky traps. I fed both plants with added mosquito bits in the water. Hopefully that kills off the larvae. I let the mosquito bits soak in the water for an hour then mixed nutes in and fed. Plants looking healthy with frost developing and pistils emerging. I usually get 10% runoff on each plant but today I got zero runoff. Probably because I didn’t water for 2 days but no runoff worries me a bit. Wedding cake sitting at 29” and GMO at 19” GMO hasn’t really stretched much but I’m thinking she’s a late bloomer or maybe stunted growth idk.
Looking good! Where's the GMO from?

Eledin

Eledin

Its better to water less often and use more water than to water often and use less water. If you want runoff simply do that, having the soil soaking wet every day is bad for the roots besides the gnats loving it. They do look healthy, a few gnats is not a problem but females can lay up to 200 eggs so it can go from a few to a plague quickly. I water mine 1 or 2 times per week and as you can see in my post they are looking healthy green too, I even let them get thirsty sometimes to the point that they get droopy leaves, then I water and in a few hours theyre back to normal (thats suposed to help root grwoth as the roots expand quicker trying to search more water, also prevents root rot and gnats)

Lockebox

Lockebox

I bought the GMO clone from a shop out here. The company that sells it is called Clone Guy. Both plants are actually from clone guy. She's got that garlic fuel smell she just hasn't really taken off yet like the wedding cake has.
Right on, well yeah dude it looks super healthy. Reason I was asking was its probably a different cut or pheno than the one I just ran from trustfall here at the farm. May just have less stretch in her or something, who knows. Sounds like it'll be fire with the smells you're describing.

I think the gmo i ran had about tripled in size by the end of things. Very cool plant

hzydze

hzydze

Its better to water less often and use more water than to water often and use less water. If you want runoff simply do that, having the soil soaking wet every day is bad for the roots besides the gnats loving it. They do look healthy, a few gnats is not a problem but females can lay up to 200 eggs so it can go from a few to a plague quickly. I water mine 1 or 2 times per week and as you can see in my post they are looking healthy green too, I even let them get thirsty sometimes to the point that they get droopy leaves, then I water and in a few hours theyre back to normal (thats suposed to help root grwoth as the roots expand quicker trying to search more water, also prevents root rot and gnats)
Im going to start watering less often with more water. Im just glad the gnats didn't get too crazy well at least not yet haha. Yesterday they were starting to look slightly droopy but then bounced back once I fed them again. Pretty cool to watch.

hzydze

hzydze

Right on, well yeah dude it looks super healthy. Reason I was asking was its probably a different cut or pheno than the one I just ran from trustfall here at the farm. May just have less stretch in her or something, who knows. Sounds like it'll be fire with the smells you're describing.

I think the gmo i ran had about tripled in size by the end of things. Very cool plant
Yeah im thinking its a different cut. I want mine to look like yours haha. Big ol spears! I'll measure her again today and see what she's sitting at. I wish I could tell if she's leaning more to the cookies side or chem side but I haven't grown either of those on their own so I'm not quite sure.

Top Bottom