First grow Wedding Cake & GMO

• Thread starter hzydze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

Went to feed the plants today and noticed a few leaves on GMO were turning to a light yellow. Can anybody give me some possible answers as to why this would happen?
Can ya post a pic of the whole plant? If it's just the older, bigger leafs I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Nitrogen deficiency starts by yellowing in the lowers but plants will also cannibalize their own leafs as they go throughout flower. The biggest, least efficient ones are usually the first to go. Id just take it slow and watch what she does before changing too much up.

I could be completely wrong, but if she was hungry it would be for something like P or K with different symptoms

hzydze

hzydze

Can ya post a pic of the whole plant? If it's just the older, bigger leafs I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Nitrogen deficiency starts by yellowing in the lowers but plants will also cannibalize their own leafs as they go throughout flower. The biggest, least efficient ones are usually the first to go. Id just take it slow and watch what she does before changing too much up.

I could be completely wrong, but if she was hungry it would be for something like P or K with different symptoms
I hope it’s an easy fix, my mind is going crazy thinking about it.

IMG 3565
IMG 3566
IMG 3567
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I hope it’s an easy fix, my mind is going crazy thinking about it.
Easiest fix is to chop them off. They are way down low, don't need them, the party is happening at the top. I'd get rid of those popcorn buds at the bottom too, they are robbing your buds at the top of PHAT juice.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Your plants look great. I'm not sure about cutting the popcorn buds but maybe that'll help that top

hzydze

hzydze

Easiest fix is to chop them off. They are way down low, don't need them, the party is happening at the top. I'd get rid of those popcorn buds at the bottom too, they are robbing your buds at the top of PHAT juice.
Im thinking I should chop them when I get home and debating taking those popcorn buds off. Im scared thinking it might hurt the plant since im heading into week 6 flower now. I read that after day 21 you shouldn't really do much to the plant but idk it's my first grow. There's definitely some lower bud sites I could've taken off wedding cake. More knowledge for the next grow.

hzydze

hzydze

Your plants look great. I'm not sure about cutting the popcorn buds but maybe that'll help that top
Thanks man! I can't wait to harvest these. Ive read it helps the top bud sites get bigger but have no experience doing it. Definitely going to do more experiments with the plants on the next run.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeah the plant definitely looks good over all. I wouldn't worry about the couple leaves and if it was me I would leave them on the plant until they degrade more. Let the plant suck all the nutrients out of it then pull it off when it nearly just falls off, or that's what I would do at least.

As for lollipopping I like to do it around week 3 of flower, you're probably on the right track finishing this one out and experimenting on the next one.

Like I said though looks great dude 😎

hzydze

hzydze

Yeah the plant definitely looks good over all. I wouldn't worry about the couple leaves and if it was me I would leave them on the plant until they degrade more. Let the plant suck all the nutrients out of it then pull it off when it nearly just falls off, or that's what I would do at least.

As for lollipopping I like to do it around week 3 of flower, you're probably on the right track finishing this one out and experimenting on the next one.

Like I said though looks great dude 😎
It does make sense to leave them on and let the plant get the nutrients out so I'll go with that. How many days did you take your GMO?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Did your clones take to your pots right away or did it take sometime? It's been 2 years since my last clone, that one was in rapid root pods (I plucked it myself), this one like your yours is in rockwool. The upper top main stem is turning purple which means it's not doing good. The lower half is starting to show some signs of life, encouraging to say the least. I don't know if you mentioned it yet, but how did you go about your clones from the beginning? did you let them root out some more or did you straight pot them?

hzydze

hzydze

Did your clones take to your pots right away or did it take sometime? It's been 2 years since my last clone, that one was in rapid root pods (I plucked it myself), this one like your yours is in rockwool. The upper top main stem is turning purple which means it's not doing good. The lower half is starting to show some signs of life, encouraging to say the least. I don't know if you mentioned it yet, but how did you go about your clones from the beginning? did you let them root out some more or did you straight pot them?
The wedding cake sat in the container it came in for 3 days because I had zero growing equipment then found some old soil in my backyard put it in that then finally got some fox farms coco loco and put it in a 5gal and she did fine the whole way through.

GMO went straight into a 1 gal with coco loco and did fine as well.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
The wedding cake sat in the container it came in for 3 days because I had zero growing equipment then found some old soil in my backyard put it in that then finally got some fox farms coco loco and put it in a 5gal and she did fine the whole way through.

GMO went straight into a 1 gal with coco loco and did fine as well.
Ok, thanks. Need to be patient I guess. I got awaken last night by some noise outside at 3am. Went to drink some water and thought, I'll check on the ladies real quick...freakn lights were on!! I had it on 24/7 this whole time! 😖 Wife was pissed wondering what all that noise was with me tinkering with the timer..lol. I had left it in the ON position by mistake. And in auto the switches were in reverse...man o man.. it's set to 18/6 now..sheez...glad I caught that one. I made a very lite cal mag solution to foliar spray the clone. Worse case scenario, I lose the top half. Too stay on topic (its your thread) I looked up GMO and it's a cross of Chem Dog & Girl Scout Cookies. Was that "Forum" Cookies mentioned above a typo? Really tempted to grab a few beans, or maybe just look for the clone instead..lol. just around the corner here.

hzydze

hzydze

Ok, thanks. Need to be patient I guess. I got awaken last night by some noise outside at 3am. Went to drink some water and thought, I'll check on the ladies real quick...freakn lights were on!! I had it on 24/7 this whole time! 😖 Wife was pissed wondering what all that noise was with me tinkering with the timer..lol. I had left it in the ON position by mistake. And in auto the switches were in reverse...man o man.. it's set to 18/6 now..sheez...glad I caught that one. I made a very lite cal mag solution to foliar spray the clone. Worse case scenario, I lose the top half. Too stay on topic (its your thread) I looked up GMO and it's a cross of Chem Dog & Girl Scout Cookies. Was that "Forum" Cookies mentioned above a typo? Really tempted to grab a few beans, or maybe just look for the clone instead..lol. just around the corner here.
Oh damn good thing you woke up and caught that. Imagine you let it go like that and were unaware of it. I still need to figure out that damn controller lol. She'll make it you got this. Im sure there's cuts of gmo that are crossed with forum cookies but I think what I have is chem x gsc. My local dispensary just got a fresh batch of gmo and garlic banana (gmo x banana og) clones from clone guy and they're looking way better than what I bought haha. They're popping out the packaging and the roots are looking damn good. Should've bought one but no space.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Forum cookies is
Forum cookies is a cut of girl scout cookies

hzydze

hzydze

Day 39 Flower Update

Both plants looking good. GMO had a few yellow leaves but no new ones have appeared. From what I was told GMO is a semi heavy feeder and I was taking it easy on the nutes but now I know for the next one cuz I’ll definitely be growing this strain again. I’ll have to chop down the GMO earlier than I wanted because sometimes life happens and you have to find a new house so she’ll come down with the wedding cake. GMO is putting on a little purple. I can’t wait to chop these down and start drying!

IMG 3603
IMG 3604
IMG 3605
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Day 39 Flower Update

Both plants looking good. GMO had a few yellow leaves but no new ones have appeared. From what I was told GMO is a semi heavy feeder and I was taking it easy on the nutes but now I know for the next one cuz I’ll definitely be growing this strain again. I’ll have to chop down the GMO earlier than I wanted because sometimes life happens and you have to find a new house so she’ll come down with the wedding cake. GMO is putting on a little purple. I can’t wait to chop these down and start drying!
Way to early man, well, at least you got this far. Just a shame you couldn't finish. Next grow.

hzydze

hzydze

Way to early man, well, at least you got this far. Just a shame you couldn't finish. Next grow.
Yeah man it’s a bummer! I can push it out 1 month max and I probably will haha. The next house will have a dedicated area instead of my garage well at least that’s what I’m hoping for. Now time to rip some bowls of gelonade.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Yeah man it’s a bummer! I can push it out 1 month max and I probably will haha. The next house will have a dedicated area instead of my garage well at least that’s what I’m hoping for. Now time to rip some bowls of gelonade.
I understand that one, trying to put "another" tent inside and nearly got evicted... 😂 Happy wife, happy life. Something like that.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Day 39 Flower Update

Sucks to hear you gotta chop early dog! The exact same thing happened to me.

If you wanna run the GMO again I highly recommend you grab a cut from Trustfall next time, the one you're growing may be super dank but the tFall one will forsure have the long spears you wanted and a rewarding yield. Just food for thought lol, wish you a good harvest coming up bro 😁

Top Bottom