First Grow

• Thread starter Limber pine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Yeah, I used the BT twice, but I think it was just oo late in the game. I chopped pretty much everything down, a little early unfortunately, but I had a good percentage of cloudy tricomes, with some bud hairs turning brown, but some still primarily white. I just thought it best to do the chop and get some, instead of waiting it out and possibly loosing a ton more to mold and the caterpillars. The BT was much cheaper than I had anticipated, so that was nice and now I have plenty for next years grow.

I made the mistake of letting mine go. Hours of picking off eggs i thought we were good. Two weeks later im chopping down my whole chem dogg and tossing oz after oz into the trash : (

Im primarily indoor. But this next season i got 4 vegging just for said occasion. Im gonna toss up nets and do my IPM plan of neem oil, BT spray, and spinosad spray all revolving. Just to make sure nothing becomes immune since ive read thats an issue. @Seamaiden probably has some good advice in this department.

L

Limber pine

I was wondering if the fan leaves have any use? Or if people just discard them?

L

Limber pine

Cool, so I'm I'm going to make oil, I would take separate those out and just use the other trim?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I make cannabutter with my fan leaves, use a pound of butter to a pound of trim.
Put the trim and butter in a double boiler pot and simmer it for 3 or 4 hours on the lowest heat you can get a boil in the bottom pot. Remove it from the burner and let it cool enough to handle, strain the liquid butter through a strainer and place it in a dish in the fridge. After it solidifies, use the butter in your favorite recipies for a relaxing effect.

L

Limber pine

Cool, so the fan leaves still have some THC in them? mMybe I will sort out the fan leaves and the us the rest of the trim to make oil.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Its easiest just to compost them. After trimming and hash making I'm done, no more messing around with plants unless they are getting get smoked. 1/2 way there and still no light at the end of the tunnel, can't wait to be done!

L

Limber pine

I've pulled all of mine down, just in time too! Because no it's forecasted for rain for the next bit. I had to throw a bunch away, so I had about half of what I expected, but still was quite a few nights of trimming to get it all done!

L

Limber pine

I have a question. Stuff I've seen in the past is normally more beige in color when cured, granted I'm not a full 2 month cure, but some of my stuff that's a a moth is still a very deep green color. Is this normal? Is fully cured bud, supposed to be much more green? Just a different from what I've seen in the past, so I thought I would ask.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Hard to say. My year old bud is almost brown, but when you break it open its still green on the inside. I'd say if it smells good, tastes good and gets you where you want to be than its all good. But yeah, a month of curing your bud could still be green.

L

Limber pine

I just wanted throw a big thank you out there to everyone who chimed in on my grow this year. All your information was super helpful! Plus, this website is a great resource! A lot of people have a ton of knowledge and it's really great to be able to use! I've sampled what I brought down this year and it's great! The smell is amazing in the jar, and taste is good as well. I learned some lessons this year and look forward to a better grow next year with hopefully a bit more refined end product!

Thanks Again!

L

Limber pine

Cool! I dug out a 3x6holes and then filled that in with soil, so they were planted in a pretty good area, but I should expand it to make more room for roots! Thanks!

Top Bottom