First Grow

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My bad 9bwas meaning to post that on my thread..
Lol well thats my girls..

Meakanu

Meakanu

All good bro, Something to espire towards!
Sense I started down this path of growing cannibis Im starting to realize its more of a art then a skill. Seems there are many ways to paint that canvis green with hues of purple, blue, lavender, white, amber ext..
Anyone can scribble on paper but it takes years to paint a master piece! Aw one day,

Meakanu

Meakanu

Can anyone help me ID this bug? We got plenty strange bugs in Hawaii and I first noticed this little fuka day before yesterday. He's been to fast for me to catch and I don't want to damage the plants trying. Not sure if it's even a threat, might have just gotten trapped in my room somehow.

IMG 6216
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Can anyone help me ID this bug? We got plenty strange bugs in Hawaii and I first noticed this little fuka day before yesterday. He's been to fast for me to catch and I don't want to damage the plants trying. Not sure if it's even a threat, might have just gotten trapped in my room somehow.
Spray the underneath of the leaves with Jacks dead bug spray and repeat 4 days later.. Im not for sure what ot is byt jacks dead bug spray has spinosad in it and will mess up there digestive systrm and the tea i told u earlier +life will eat the larva completey eradicating them.
I also put yellow sticky traps around the pots..
2 weeks usually eradicates anything.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

A better look at the CO2 system.
Your going to want to get that c02 source above the plant canopy. C02 is denser than air and sinks. I don't believe it is being utilized by the plants at this point. I did the same thing with the valve timer method, the tank was on the floor and only a few plants were actually getting the extra c02 and it was very noticable in difference of growth. Best of luck and welcome

Meakanu

Meakanu

Your going to want to get that c02 source above the plant canopy. C02 is denser than air and sinks. I don't believe it is being utilized by the plants at this point. I did the same thing with the valve timer method, the tank was on the floor and only a few plants were actually getting the extra c02 and it was very noticable in difference of growth. Best of luck and welcome
Ah, makes sense! Thank you for the tip, I'm going to come up with a salution today.

Meakanu

Meakanu

I collected some of the run off water from one of my plants. I put it into my ph test tube and let the sediment settle. Went back out and gave it a few drops. I was surprised to see pink, going off the chart on the PH test kit it says my run off waters ph was around a 4.0
Should I be alarmed? I've been sure to check and adjust my ph every time I've watered my plants.
Not sure what to do about it if anything?
Sorry for all the noob questions!

Meakanu

Meakanu

Ok. I've been doing some research and I think I should be ok.
When I realized my SS had gone anaerobic a little over a week ago and I spread it out to dry I took a couple hand fulls of the pelet kine lime that I got from HomeDepot and tossed it over the soil before packing it back up. So I have Lime mixed into the medium.
Doing some research i learned that microbes are needed to brake down the lime before it will start to effect the soils PH. Sense i pretty much killed off all the microbes when I compleatly dried out the soil it's going to take time to build a healthy population of microbes but once established should start to brake down the lime and hopfully get my PH back up into the happy zone.
I think at this time my best corse of action is to let nature do its thing and if the PH isn't any better in 2-3 weeks then consider other options.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Quick up date.

My run off water is up to a 6.8-7.0 PH now.
So glad I had enough sense not to take action when it was low around 4.5-5.0 a couple days ago.
All it needed was time for the micro organisms to populate so the lime could be broken down.
If I would have added more lime I surly would have fucked up big time! Shew!
I know it should be around a 6.0-6.5 for soil. I'm thinking it will lower over time as I start to feed them a little more.
I'll post a picture later today.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Girls seem to be doing good, I think. The plant in the center is the one that had the minor root damage and has just now started to streatch a little. Plant on the left has taken off!

IMG 6232
Irish063

Irish063

oh btw bro dont take them outside and then back in..
U will for sure get pests and some are pretty fucking hard to deal with...
plus the sun is a monster compared to them leds,
you will shock the shiy out of her..
So keep her inside...
Alright.. If you have any questions, dont be afraid to ask.
Only dumb question is one we dont ask.....
@Meakanu - I definitely experienced stunting/shock from taking my girls in and out while they were still young. Thinking I was doing them some good, only to have it backfire on me.

Welcome to the farm. Good Job so far.

@EventHorizan, damn brother that pic of your girl in flower is awesome. I didn't get a chance to pick up any +life like you had suggested earlier in my grow. I'll definitely have to on the next grow. Thinking of doing an indoor through the winter.

Meakanu

Meakanu

@Meakanu - I definitely experienced stunting from taking my girls in and out while they were still young. Thinking I was doing them some good, only to have it backfire on me.

@EventHorizan, damn brother that pic of your girl in flower is awesome. I didn't get a chance to pick up any +life like you had suggested earlier in my grow. I'll definitely have to on the next grow. Thinking of doing an indoor through the winter.
@Meakanu - I definitely experienced stunting from taking my girls in and out while they were still young. Thinking I was doing them some good, only to have it backfire on me.

Thanks bro!
I feel like I've learned so much already! Can't wait for round two haha.
But of corse I'll finish round one, I'm sure I have plenty more mistakes to make and learn from before this runs over with.
Enjoying da journey

Irish063

Irish063

Thanks bro!
I feel like I've learned so much already! Can't wait for round two haha.
But of corse I'll finish round one, I'm sure I have plenty more mistakes to make and learn from before this runs over with.
Enjoying da journey
No worries man. I'm right there with you. I'm only on my second and still learning tons. Like you said it's definitely an art. Still making mistakes but learning from them. This place has been an amazing help and an awesome resource.

Oh btw, I forgot to put it in my other post. Good for you for starting a grow journal on your first grow. Makes it super easy to document stuff and others to tag along and give tips or inspiration. Feel free to stop by mine if you want to see some of my "growing pains", pun intended. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/4-strains-2nd-grow.89189/

Meakanu

Meakanu

Da girls will be 7 weeks old tomorrow. I've been trying to hold off on dropping the SCROG screen so the one plant can catch up some but my middle plant is starting to get out of control. I think I'm going to drop the SCROG screen tomorrow!
Also added a little seedling and cloning station to my grow room.
I also plan to get a veg tent set up before switching over to 12/12

IMG 6283
IMG 6284
Top Bottom