First Grown

• Thread starter FedeleFiness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FedeleFiness

FedeleFiness

Hi I'm new to this grow life and I'm starting with Red Diesel and Blue Cheese. I potted Red Diesel and it's in a three gallon smart pot. How much should I water it while it's sitting in the tent under the veg light? The Blue Cheese has not popped yet and it's been in the paper towel and zip lock bag and it's been 2 days so what would I do?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep waiting. Some seeds take longer to pop. What kind of growing medium are you using?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Wait for the soil to dry out between waterings. Not completely but it should be mostly dry. Some like to measure the top couple inches of soil others like myself like to lift the pot and check the weight. You’ll know when it feels light. With smart pots the soil will dry out quicker than plastic pots so keep an eye on it.

As far as watering normally you’ll water until run off occurs. If your plants are really small and the pot is really big then you’ll want to dial it back otherwise you’ll end up with soggy roots.

Last edited:
FedeleFiness

FedeleFiness

Wait for the soils to dry out between waterings. Not completely but it should be mostly dry. Some like to measure the top couple inches of soil others like myself like to lift the pot and check the weight. You’ll know when it feels light. With smart pots the soil will dry out quicker than plastic pots so keep an eye on it.

As far as watering normally you’ll water until run off occurs. If your plants are really small and the pot is really big then you’ll want to dial it back otherwise you’ll end up with soggy roots.

Copy I first watered it at 9:40 this morning and did it again around 4:18 this afternoon

FedeleFiness

FedeleFiness

However it wasn't allot either time because it was just planted today

Top Bottom