First Harvest. No sweet smell?

• Thread starter OGKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

It takes some time (usually over a month of curing for me) before the chlorophyll and other undesirable chemicals are broken down by aerobic bacteria enough for the smell of the terpenes to really come through.

Yeah man it all about your personal preferences. But I generally hang for 2-3 weeks, then jar for up to a another 2-3 weeks before I really get the good smells and flavors.
it’s a tricky business though, this batch I just finished hung for 16 days, and I’m definitely getting some of that immature taste and smell.
Oh well all about trying to do better new time.

TheKushie

TheKushie

Use more carbohydrates when you grow your weed and don't stop using it in flower, even when you give it water.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
First harvest. No sweet smell ?
Hi
Not all plants smell strong, and certainly not all smell sweet.
Some plants i had outside i could smell from 50 meters away, and my neighbour as well, he said. Others are almost without smell.
All depends on the genetics and your skills.
Terpenes are volatile, anything done wrong when curing can make part of the terpenes disappear and they wont come back after curing.
I only showered once one plant, after lots of rain she had mildew and i tried Jorge Cervantes' method with oxygenated water. It worked.
But i would never ever do so just to clean the buds. Any visible bugs, eggs or excrements i take out manually before storing in jars to cure.

Kirtwit

Kirtwit

Probably too late but... to rehydrate while curing, try putting a slice of fresh orange or lemon or grapefruit in the curing jar. Tape it to the inside of the lid so it doesn't touch the bud. Works especially well with citrus strains. Can add a slight flavour to the smoke.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Probably too late but... to rehydrate while curing, try putting a slice of fresh orange or lemon or grapefruit in the curing jar. Tape it to the inside of the lid so it doesn't touch the bud. Works especially well with citrus strains. Can add a slight flavour to the smoke.
Rehydrating can restore some of the taste, but once the flavor is diminished, it is gone for good. I would recommend using just the orange peels or apple peels to raise your humidity since they contain a lot less moisture and won't cause the mold/mildew that more juicy products can introduce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom