First hydro grow, plants doesnt look happy, help please

• Thread starter Andigundi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Thanks for input, i adjusted ppm and they already show good response. Im at 1,2 ec atm. Will adjust on the chiller abit then.
Im not sure what you mean with sterile or live?
View attachment 1217494View attachment 1217495

My guess is your not using hydroguard or southernag and your creating your own good bacteria.

A

Andigundi

My guess is your not using hydroguard or southernag and your creating your own good bacteria.
Im not using hydroguard, didnt know about the product. I use hesi root complex, it isnt similar is it? Do you think i should use both of them? Root complex isnt scheduled for the whole grow though

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Im not using hydroguard, didnt know about the product. I use hesi root complex, it isnt similar is it? Do you think i should use both of them? Root complex isnt scheduled for the whole grow though
Complex looks like more food.
hydroguard is one type of microbe
that would live in the roots eating up anything bad.

you run a chiller , this in turn could keep the nastys away.

But for sure a product like hydroguard with its single ingredient or better yet Orca mycorrhizae with its multi helpers is a great way to stay white and slime free.

Enjoy and good luck.

A

Andigundi

Complex looks like more food.
hydroguard is one type of microbe
that would live in the roots eating up anything bad.

you run a chiller , this in turn could keep the nastys away.

But for sure a product like hydroguard with its single ingredient or better yet Orca mycorrhizae with its multi helpers is a great way to stay white and slime free.

Enjoy and good luck.
Thanks, will look into these products👍

A

Andigundi

Still looking sad. Had a few good days. Ec 1,15 ph 5,8-6,0 and has become much more stable. Water temp 20celcius room temp 25celcius humidity 55, turned filter on other day was going 80% and wet walls. Still using hesi hydro nutrients+additives. And calmag and ro filter.
20220223 182513
20220223 182802

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Are under your stems red?

It looks like ur nutrients and roots should be fine. I'd like to see you increase ur res Temps but only if you use a product smokey mentioned. If you do it now, perhaps that slight rot in your middle will grow. Make sure light isn't busting down through the pebbles, that could cause that but I don't think it's your main problem.

They look overworked and underpaid lol. I'd turn your lights down a hair and spray them with some RO or distilled water. With lower res Temps you won't be moving nutrients up the plant as fast. I think your just pushing them too hard atm. If u wanna really push them do what smokey mentioned, but fix all your light leaks first. Perhaps cover everything under the plant with a blanket or light barrier.

Like it's gotta be an environmental aspect. I say they can't get enough water, but you don't need to raise rh, you can raise water Temps.... If ur careful lol.. It will also make any other issues you have worse.. Gotta have it all right if your doing what ur tryn to do.

I mentioned spraying them with water because they don't look soft and green, they look a bit dry and firm.

Good luck

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Still looking sad. Had a few good days. Ec 1,15 ph 5,8-6,0 and has become much more stable. Water temp 20celcius room temp 25celcius humidity 55, turned filter on other day was going 80% and wet walls. Still using hesi hydro nutrients+additives. And calmag and ro filter. View attachment 1220078View attachment 1220077
What time of the day did you take the pictures, looks like they are just waking up.

Your air pump should be raised above the water level in your pails, I'd also be thinking about flipping to flow soon because the roots can/will plug your pipes

A

Andigundi

What time of the day did you take the pictures, looks like they are just waking up.

Your air pump should be raised above the water level in your pails, I'd also be thinking about flipping to flow soon because the roots can/will plug your pipes
They had light for 1-2 hours on the pictures. Noticed some days they look more fresh the first half of light period and start to hang last few hours of light. Sometimes they hang all day also. How come i need to raise airpump? The tubes from it goes into pots from top and goes down to the airstone on buttom. So tubes are above, isnt that fine?
The plan was to bloom about now or within few days, but its annoying they look like shit before that :(

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

They had light for 1-2 hours on the pictures. Noticed some days they look more fresh the first half of light period and start to hang last few hours of light. Sometimes they hang all day also. How come i need to raise airpump? The tubes from it goes into pots from top and goes down to the airstone on buttom. So tubes are above, isnt that fine?
The plan was to bloom about now or within few days, but its annoying they look like shit before that :(
If we're being honest, when mine look like that it's a ph problem/res change issue.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

They had light for 1-2 hours on the pictures. Noticed some days they look more fresh the first half of light period and start to hang last few hours of light. Sometimes they hang all day also. How come i need to raise airpump? The tubes from it goes into pots from top and goes down to the airstone on buttom. So tubes are above, isnt that fine? The plan was to bloom about now or within few days, but its annoying they look like shit before that :(
Reading back through the thread , Anthem suggested lowering the nutes, i would second that, in my system i would around 300 to 400 ppm or around .75 EC for plants that size. I seldom get above 600 ppm in flower. If your power was to go off, without check valves there could/will be a siphon effect created. Cut your nutes back more, flip to flower in a week,raise your pump, add cal/mag or just magnesium re foliar spray of epsom salt (green veining) on some pictures. Your over thinking things, your plants look pretty good, your roots are excellent.

Top Bottom