First indoor grow and my plants took terrible! Why?

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Thanks all!

Not autoflowering. I was going to buy those seeds, glad I didn't. It's very satisfying to look at the new picture, considering the other one was only just over a week ago. Life finds a way!

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I think what I'm going to do is wait a few weeks for the smaller plants to catch up (and make sure the weather is fine) and then stick a few of them outside. When that's done, then I'll switch the light over to a 12/12 schedule in the tent for flower.

Once outside, should I start with the FoxFarm fert? Or just let the ground soil take care of them?

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Grow update! Plants are all surviving and varying large sizes. They are recovering from a bit of a burn, but now they’re dropping and a tad yellowish. Thinking calcium deficiency so added some lime. Thoughts? I’m looking to transplant them outside beginning of June (I’m in new enlgland). Very excited!
D2C3ED20 4F19 4010 9362 B513A8FA1F41
15C6F909 8CD0 4BED 9478 C13BD6A7D30A

Anthem

Anthem

You have a few things going on. You are going to have problems thru out the grow with those paper pots you have them in. Yes we are all aware that they are suppose to just dissolve. Cannabis is a short life cycle plant and the pots will still be decomposing after you have finished the grow. So the first thing I would suggest is to remove the roots from the paper pot and replant in fresh soil. Those paper pots should be easy to just peel apart. Your problems are going to continue while you have them in those pots.
I would say the plants are over watered again because of the pots. just a light watering with just water after transplant. Once the pots are complete dry a light feed of like 400 to 500 ppms of veg nuts. throwing in some Cal mag would not hurt. But I think you have a lack of Nitrogen. Use the extra pot deal to learn when to add more water. The girls like their legs to be dry. Add the same amount of soil to a pot as the rest of the pots, but no plant in it. Set it aside. Every time you think you should water lift up the empty pot than one with a plant in it. If the pot with a plant is heavier, NO WATER. If it is about the same weight WATER>

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
You have a few things going on. You are going to have problems thru out the grow with those paper pots you have them in. Yes we are all aware that they are suppose to just dissolve. Cannabis is a short life cycle plant and the pots will still be decomposing after you have finished the grow. So the first thing I would suggest is to remove the roots from the paper pot and replant in fresh soil. Those paper pots should be easy to just peel apart. Your problems are going to continue while you have them in those pots.
I would say the plants are over watered again because of the pots. just a light watering with just water after transplant. Once the pots are complete dry a light feed of like 400 to 500 ppms of veg nuts. throwing in some Cal mag would not hurt. But I think you have a lack of Nitrogen. Use the extra pot deal to learn when to add more water. The girls like their legs to be dry. Add the same amount of soil to a pot as the rest of the pots, but no plant in it. Set it aside. Every time you think you should water lift up the empty pot than one with a plant in it. If the pot with a plant is heavier, NO WATER. If it is about the same weight WATER>

+1

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Ok, thanks! A few people have told me those pots are no good, they seem like such a good idea! I’ll be getting it of as much of them as I can.

the only fertilizer I have I believe is the fox farm trip, and most places are very much closed. What can I do about nitrogen?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Ok, thanks! A few people have told me those pots are no good, they seem like such a good idea! I’ll be getting it of as much of them as I can.

the only fertilizer I have I believe is the fox farm trip, and most places are very much closed. What can I do about nitrogen?

there is enough nitrogen available in the soil for now, dialing in your watering is the most important.

Reactions: Ina
Madbud

Madbud

The foxfarms trio has nitrogen, more in Grow Big, less in the bloom bottles. Agree with everyone here about overwatering. They have to dry and the leaves will turn up when they do.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looks to me like overwatering, yea im haveing same problem, im forced to water dayley but very lighley, however my plant is big, water around your seedlings very lighley and not every day, you want the leaves pointing up to light maybee if you back it off a bit it might help too.

Burdlife

Burdlife

Don’t have the ppm of my water. It’s city tap but run through a house filter.

never grown in that soil before. The picture was taken after a fresh watering, but I’ll check the watering. What is a good amount to water? Been watering until it comes out the bottom.
In terms of overwatering, it’s usually not from quantity of water (unless you are going really hard), but rather from the frequency of your watering. Make sure you are letting the soil get completely dry before you water again or the roots won’t have time to oxidize and you will see the results up top. Good luck!

Ina

Ina

there is enough nitrogen available in the soil for now, dialing in your watering is the most important.
Yes,looks like lack of N BECAUSE of the over watering and usually doesnt need more N but normal watering/drying cycle :)Paper pots are not such a big deal outdoors but they will stay wet for longer and make things worse,mine also produce lots of black mold(i guess i had to sterilize them somehow but i didnt) so i will stop using them in future at least for indoor....:/

4SkateMafia20

4SkateMafia20

Id say the problem is more the soil thats being used,they look like they were ph locked from early and because of the lockout they were not eating enough.Maybe a flush would be a good idea but im not sure what your drainage is like.Hope they pull through.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Id say the problem is more the soil thats being used,they look like they were ph locked from early and because of the lockout they were not eating enough.Maybe a flush would be a good idea but im not sure what your drainage is like.Hope they pull through.
[/QUOTE that is a major problem ph look out in this crop .

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Repotted the plants. They had completely broken through the peat pots but the roots had filled up their current containers, so we think they were actually rootbound. They've only been in 6" pots. Ran out of room in our tent though, and it might be too early to put them outside. On top of that, we had dug the holes where they are going to go and been prepping the soil. 3' holes, but below that are pure clay. It rained terribly last night and the holes are filled with water and there's no drainage!

Our hack it to take a camping tent, lines the walls with mylar blankets best we can, hang the light and pipe the heat, and ride that out the next few weeks before we move them outside. Thoughts?

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Repotted, peat pots removed. The roots were so tangled up and bound in the old containers, I think that had a lot to do with it. Letting them dry out with some fresh soil, will give them a light nute drip in a couple of days. No mold or rot, luckily. Hoping to get them nice and healthy over the next few weeks and then move them outside.

875BEC89 3CD6 48E9 A38C FDD0395DDB86
Ina

Ina

Repotted, peat pots removed. The roots were so tangled up and bound in the old containers, I think that had a lot to do with it. Letting them dry out with some fresh soil, will give them a light nute drip in a couple of days. No mold or rot, luckily. Hoping to get them nice and healthy over the next few weeks and then move them outside.
It that the new soil?Is there perlite in it?Kind of muddy.......

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

angry babies. overwatered,, but I doubt its "too hot", looks like a great soil actually. dont touch them for 3-5 days, let them dry out, then water with 6.5ph water. let the pots dry before watering.

ignore the chlorine evaporation garbage, its nonsense, unless you're using pool water.

what is humidity? it should be 65% at least if you're around 80 degrees in the tent
i disagree looks like the soil is to hot. and chlorine will kill the bennies. i do agree to let them dry out.
in NE you have to wait till may 20 to put outside.

Top Bottom