First Indoor Grow!

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Hello,

I've made posts in the past mentioning what I should do with the space i've been given to grow in and i've finally thrown up a pvc frame with black&white poly (panda film) around it and sealed it all off with tuck tape. At the bottom of the tent I have a small 4ish maybe 5" fan blowing air into the tent (4x4x6). Also a small usb fan 4" attached to an atrium grate with a pair of panthose pullled over and than secured and repulled over and filled with carbon as a temporary scrubber. One thing I noticed that I should of thought ahead of time is that it's extremely hard to secure even a small usb fan off the ground with just the poly to tape too so it's not totally secure but its' up there. I have one plant in a 35 gallon pot right in the middle under a 400 w/mh lamp , also a rubbermaid in the corner with some clones and an oscillating fan on setting 1 so it's gently blowing air around the plant. Im using sunshine 4 mix with earthworm castings. I get my nutrients from general organics cali magic , bio thrive grow and bio thrive roots I think it's called. With lights on my temps usually sit around 78-81 F and lights off usualy around 65-70 .Besides obviously figuring out a better way to get the air scrubbed is there anything from what you guys see or that i've told that I can work on? Thank-you for your opinions and taking the time with reading my post!
Indoor1
Indoor2
Indoor3
Indoor5

C

cowboyup

Well I see you limited in the head room you have. How tall is your plant? When will you flip it to 12/12? Plants can just about double in size when flipped to flowering. So don't veg it too tall. Veg humidity for me I like 65-70%. Your clones need to be 80-90%. I'd add a humidifier in veg and a dehumidifier in flower. Your filter can be hung up top in a corner. Since its pvc just add to it for support and I hung mine with tie down straps. Again that's what has worked for me in my grows. Just my opinion.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Plant is three feet roughly light is dropped down lower ceiling is six feet and plan to flower in two weeks after supin up my carbon filter

C

cowboyup

Plant is three feet roughly light is dropped down lower ceiling is six feet and plan to flower in two weeks after supin up my carbon filter
What's your canopy temperature? Is it a sativa or indica? If your only six feet you should flip them now. You won't need a carbon filter right away. I'm 3 weeks in and it's nothing to worry about. But some plants can double or triple in size. You may run out of room if your ceiling is only 6 ft minus the light on top of that.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

It's indica purp kush so I don't think atleast it will get very bigger and tbh I'm not sure exactly I think around 82ish

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Yàa the smell is so so at the moment with it being in veg. It stays in the room but I don't wanna switch to flower when I don't have the funds to build a better filter if it starts to travel (the smell)

C

cowboyup

It's indica purp kush so I don't think atleast it will get very bigger and tbh I'm not sure exactly I think around 82ish
Everything looks great. But just watch the canopy heat. But all I'd really do is add a humidifier and a dehumidifier. Put your filter up top. Have you done any topping or FIM

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

My filter is at the top already and ya I've filled it I think three times now as well a tiny bit of hst

C

cowboyup

Yàa the smell is so so at the moment with it being in veg. It stays in the room but I don't wanna switch to flower when I don't have the funds to build a better filter if it starts to travel (the smell)
My filter is at the top already and ya I've filled it I think three times now as well a tiny bit of hst

I run 4 1000w hps in a 8x8x8 room with a 12000btu and my Temps get to 82 with no co2 and I have 2 wall fans. When I put my hand over the top I barely feel the heat. But keep me posted. I'd like to see how things come out. That going to be a big plant. My plant is just over 3 ft in 5 gallon pots with about 18 to 20 tops!

Sip

Sip

I agree, your ceiling height is troubling. I would start light stress training and topping. I.e tie her down so the branches are as close to horizontal without breaking anything. Topping I'm sure you know but, just roll the very top leaves completely off the plant. It helps the canopy even out and you double the tops every time. Looking great so far can't wait to hear about your harvest weight:"] keep farming!

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Okay I'll ship flat canopy and will do with the updates! Thank you for the info

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

So I just cut all the top branches down even I didn't cut a lot off maybe an inch down at most and just ssquared off the top should I just die down the mainnstem ?

Sip

Sip

The branches would be the point that you would want to tie down. I recommend(If possible) six inches away from the stalk, but no closer than four inches from the tip of said branch. If those proportions don't pertain to you then just use your best judgement. Also plants have a slight twist to them while growing. Like the sprial that tree limbs produce as tree grows upwards. That being said it's important to plan the path that your lady is going to follow.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

More pics pls! This is a rad start. Cant wait to see some trimmed up ladies green thumb. Pce

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

ahh okay gotcha. Yeah that's what i did a little bit before I had most if not all the branches tied down but I found everytime I tried to mist the clones or water the plant that I was tripping over the god damn string. It's pretty tight in there as it is dodging the plant , the tent structure and the bulb itself. I built a hood today for my bulb though so i'm glad that's finished and i don't have wasted light anymore. I was also able to place a small 3" usb fan in the hood just to blow on the bulb to help a bit with temp and to move the hot air away more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom