First Indoor Grow!

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahhh i got a batch that are in the veg room and doing well and growing already established roots and a new batch of clones in the humidity dome in the corner of the room.

C

cowboyup

A week is too soon in my opinion. I wait 2 weeks. I have 7 clones that have been in almost 2 weeks and just starting to root. But I'm new to all the cloning.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahhh I dont nessairily mean like taking the entire dome off it just has two little holes on top with a plastic cover that swivels kinda like a parmesan cheese top yknow? and I just cracked it open a bit to slowly acclimatize them and got a little to quick on them. but yeah mine took 2 weeks to grow roots aswel

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

yeahhh I dont nessairily mean like taking the entire dome off it just has two little holes on top with a plastic cover that swivels kinda like a parmesan cheese top yknow? and I just cracked it open a bit to slowly acclimatize them and got a little to quick on them. but yeah mine took 2 weeks to grow roots aswel

I keep mine in 100% humidity and i dont have to spray them ever. If you spray too much or theres too much water the roots wont pop out in search of it.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

That's a good point gardenguy I usually only spray for first few days than just the dome. Some people say mist others don't so I try and find a middle ground to stand on

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I added a window ac unit to the room which brought my canopy temp down from 83-85 to a steady 79.8 and my room is a little nicer to sleep in aswel!

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

My ac got unplugged canopy temp sitting at 87 so hopefully I can bring it down

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Things look good I think nice green not to dark not to like. Clones are taking off good two of them have two separate main stemsnit looks like really bushy almost as if monstered

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I'm in veg I wanna hold off on flowering for abit atleast until the clones get bigger to flower em all at once.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

hey buddy, everything seems to be going good. I ended up tearing down my pvc tent, I don't know what I was thinking but I built it all out of 1/2 " pvc and as you can imagine with the light + the homemade reflector the pvc that was holding all the weight was starting to.. bow a little in the middle. I mean pvc is somewhat flexible but I didn't want to risk it snapping from the weight or something and causing a fire. I rebuilt it with 2x2 and now it's super sturdy I also added a 4inch vortex fan and made a homemade carbon filter outta a 2litre and a coffee can and now my room has zero smell. One thing I noticed though is some of the new growth is a lighter shade of green than the old growth which is a darker green (N Toxicity?) and the stems on the new grwth are kind of purple. I've read abit and some people say not to worry about it and it's genetics? ( It is purple kush.. sooo) and others say it's a deficiency so what's your shoot at it? Other than that it seems fine ill try and get a pic up here soon.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

One thing i've noticed with my new batch of clones that i'm waiting to root is they're taking a lot longer than when I had them originaly under the 14 watt cfl on 24/7 rather than sitting in the tent on the outskirts with 18/6. Also in the past I used wilsons rooting gel and dipped it in stim root powder afterwards, this time around I only used clonex. I checked the jiffy pots and all the cuttings have roots starting to pop out of the stem so that's good but i'm at 16-17 days now when usually with double dipping and 24 hour cfl light I have roots popping out of the jiffy pellets around 13-14 days.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Althought the benefit with this batch is only two of them have yellowing leaves all the rest are still green with roots coming out. I think it may be due to the olivias rooting solution that i'm using but not sure.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

So far I've gotten things pretty dialed in. I keep the ac on when the lights are on and it keeps it at a steady 75ish and when the lights go out I turn the ac off and it usually hovers around 68-70. I don't know if it's a little low in temp but atleast the temp isn't drop huge. I'm thinking of adding another 400 watt hps with the 400 watt m/h soon. Once my cuttings root I'm thinking of making my tent into two diff sections so I can move the other clones into a 12/12 light schedule while keeping my mom and cuttings in a veg state.

C

CleanFiend

Your plants look awesome man, i'm currently starting on my own first, got any suggestions or advice?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

well what in particular were ya hoping for something advi ce/suggestions on? probably best thing i learned was to keep it simple. everyone has the best intentions in mind but at the end of the day doing too much can end up costing more in the long run like adding too much nutes etc

C

CleanFiend

@green
well what in particular were ya hoping for something advi ce/suggestions on? probably best thing i learned was to keep it simple. everyone has the best intentions in mind but at the end of the day doing too much can end up costing more in the long run like adding too much nutes etc
Yea I think I may have been a victim of that mistake already, if you check out the link in my signature, its my first grow but i pre-soaked the coco/perlite with a 1/4 strength of some root stimulant and some people are telling me that was a bad idea! Hopefully they'll be okay still haha

Top Bottom