First Indoor Grow!

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

so heres some new pics of the progress i've made with topping it all even for the canopy. I also cut up some coat hangers (metal ones) and folded one end to a hook to hold the branches down for lsting. I made sure to put the other end as far outside from the main stem so as not to accidently hit any roots. It's much much better than tying it down because now I don't have a bunch fo strings I have to dodge and it all stays contained in the pot. I also added a bigger fan for intake and air exchange. My plan for next friday is to buy a duct booster and splice it to an extension cord so I can use that as an off/on switch and build a better carbon scrubber.I also put a small table in my room for my clones to sit on so they're closer to the light. I have 10 now I think that are starting to grow pretty quick so i'm looking forward to that and thinking once they're a foot tall or so I'm going to scrog it and flower them all at once. It would of been nice to add an extra light but the only downfall with building my tent out of pvc 1/2" is I don't want to put any more weight on the top beam in case it snaps or something. But yeah enjoy the pics and thank-you again for any replies it's always nice to talk about your grow with others that share similar interests.
Fan
Fan1
Fan2
Fan3
Fan4

C

cowboyup

Bro looks great. I got a snake aquarium for a cloning dome and my Temps are at 78 and humidity is 80-90%. I could not believe how great it works. Your setup is moving along nice. Keep posting and update as ya go! I can't wait to see this thing ready for harvest!

C

cowboyup

1 thing I would do is take your temperature monitor and put it at the canopy of your plants. So you know if it gets too hot.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahh that's what i think i'm going to do good call. what's around too hot for the canopy like 85ish? And thank-you for the compliment i'm trying my best to get everything dialed in as best i can!

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Also any nutrients or supps that you think I could add to my grow to help it go along better? I have at the top a pic of all the nutrients I have already like bio grow , bio roots, and cali magic im thinking of maybe getting bio marine and diamond back what do you thinkk any others?

C

cowboyup

Way too hot in my opinion. I run at 76-79. Of ya had co2 that would work. I run 4k lights in a 8x8x8 and run a ac. But some people will tell ya that's ok at 85.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahh my temp right now is bouncing around 79-81 at the canopy. I've read that over 83ish or so is like the max temp so Idunno i'm just trying to keep it as low as possible. the new bigger fan should help out alot I just need a better exhaust fan.

C

cowboyup

Nutes... I feel that you would get a great grow if you had your room dialed in and you give lots of tlc. I feel there is no miracle product out there that will perform magic. I just got a bottle of purple maxx and it seems people hate it lol. When it comes to nutes your talking about ppm ph and npk. So I would just keep doing what your doing because your grow looks amazing. Don't fix something that's not broken. Maybe look into that while you keep this one simple and try it next grow.

C

cowboyup

I know you have a fan low. Do you have a fan at the top blowing across the plants and lights? That helps a bit. I run a perpetual grow and my carb filter is in the middle of the room with a can fan sitting on top.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

hmm yeah good call on the nutes. Yeah I guess the biggest mistake a first timer can do is trying to do too much and end up overkill. as everyone says KISS seems the way to go for the begining. let the plant do it's thing and play "god" when you actually know how everything clicks and ticks kinda thing. I noticed a little burning on my clones when I fertilized them abit. I gave them 1/4 strength but yeah maybe ill jst try giving them olivias cloning solution? or is that only for cloning just wondering if it would help.

C

cowboyup

I try not to go over 81. My plants in veg seem to like it at 81-82. They grew like crazy and my nodes are tight. I think each plant strain is different and reacts to different to the atmosphere

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeah I have a fan near the clone table that is oscilating the room. I have two fans on the low blowing fresh air in , a fan in the middle blowing air around hte room circulating, and a small usb fan in my "DIY hood I made" blowing on the bulb itself.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

the plant I have in there now was originally an outside plant and it only has I think 3-4 branches off the main stem but crazy growth off those branches.

C

cowboyup

When I clone I use clonex in rapid rooter. And I don't give any nutes. Now they are in ff soil and I still don't give them nutes. Just ph'd water

C

cowboyup

So if you only have a few branches and a bunch off them. Do LST. and spread the plant out a bit. Help those girls out and shine light on em.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeah i got a couple clonex packets that I tried with this new batch of clones in jiffy pellets. the ones before that that are in the solo cups I just used stim root + wilsons rooting hormone gel. I'll just keep with water for the clones until they start getting lighter coloured leaves anad than maybe start introducing ferts, they're in sunshine mix 4 + earthworm casting atm.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahh that's what I did I got a coat hanger and made a hook and have the branches splayed out so light can hit the growth off the main branches so everything grows vertical of the branches rather out. the ends are alraedy starting to curl towards the light it's crazy hwo fast they react.

C

cowboyup

Just try new things. You said there was new clones? If so. They need to have humidity around 80% so they can have the moisture in the air absorb in the leaves. But if your rooted then I would not worry about it

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahh theyre about a week old the clones in the dome and i tried opening the vents a quarter way and they were fine so then i tried opening the vents al the way checked on them and they wilted like fuck so I got them misted misted the dome and closed the vents.

C

cowboyup

I take my clones in soil and put them in the veg room. If the wilt I put em back.

Top Bottom