First Indoor Organic Grow Go

• Thread starter MTLEADER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MTLEADER

MTLEADER

So I got spider mites on my Purple Punch plant a few days ago. Used Neem oil and it looks like it helped. Thank god. LOL I also sprayed my tent with it and will be cleaning it here after Christmas as long as things are still ok with the mites.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So I got spider mites on my Purple Punch plant a few days ago. Used Neem oil and it looks like it helped. Thank god. LOL I also sprayed my tent with it and will be cleaning it here after Christmas as long as things are still ok with the mites.
You should be good.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

When the soil is "cooking" do i need to have the light running and all that to circulate the air ? Or can I leave it dark, with just the pots in the tent for now?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Normally, you run it just like the plants are already in the soil. Lights and watering just like normal.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Ok so after the discovery of the mites I waited a couple days and started the mixing of the soil so it can "cook" it is in my 2nd 4 X 4 tent now. In a total of 6 fabric pots 2; 3 gallon, 3; 5 gallon , and 1; 7 gallon. I will be getting some more 3 or 5 gallon pots and some saucers for under the pots cause I water a little to much sometimes, so I'll get them to keep it cleaner in the floor. After it is done "cooking" I will be doing some seeds I bought from AB Normal Genetics, I got not to long ago.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok so after the discovery of the mites I waited a couple days and started the mixing of the soil so it can "cook" it is in my 2nd 4 X 4 tent now. In a total of 6 fabric pots 2; 3 gallon, 3; 5 gallon , and 1; 7 gallon. I will be getting some more 3 or 5 gallon pots and some saucers for under the pots cause I water a little to much sometimes, so I'll get them to keep it cleaner in the floor. After it is done "cooking" I will be doing some seeds I bought from AB Normal Genetics, I got not to long ago.
You need an inch of airflow under the pots to help prevent root rot.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I got these little metal plant movers on wheels from home depot and for hella cheap only 1.50$ each after tax. I'm hoping the case is there on my payday I took it and hid it behind stuff so I could go buy them all LOL and then I also got plastic saucers to put on them also. Oh and with the soil cooking in fabric bags I have no RH issue in the 2nd tent so I'm going to put a couple in my tent with the plants and see if it fixes the RH in there, like 2 or 3 with only plain soil and water in them lol.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Some Farmers use golf balls in the catch pan and place their pot on top of the golf balls, and it's also very helpful with rotating your plants/pots too...Life hacks, gotta love 'em! 👍 🤔😊
That is funny cause i play golf for fun at times. But i went and got a lot of marbels to use lol there cheaper and i get to teach my 3 girls how to play marbles too lol. Kids dont play it anymore.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

That is funny cause i play golf for fun at times. But i went and got a lot of marbels to use lol there cheaper and i get to teach my 3 girls how to play marbles too lol. Kids dont play it anymore.
THAT'S too freakin' funny! 🤣🤣🤣

Me and my brother LOVED playing marbles when we were kids, we had a MEAN collection of them too! 👍 My Uncle (I was raised by my Mother's Mother AND Brother too) taught me how to "fry" certain kinds of marbles too, which as a kid THAT was COOL too! 👍😂 The neighborhood kids would play in teams of two and Me and brother were always a team, we would clean house, which is how our collection got so HUGE! 🤣

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I did a little cleaning up of the water leaf that were not looking so good today and put a trellis net into the tent to support the plant that is "tall" soon the other 2 will be ready to be topped, had to teach the people I got these plants from where to top next time cause they did it in wrong spot and plant never grew 2 limbs from that spot . Also added the 2nd dose of recharge to the soil's that are "cooking" so there is only about 5 days left for them to "cook" and I can pop my first ordered seeds, I also have quite a few Auto seeds coming to me later this week I hope. There coming a long way to get here. Will post pictures tomorrow at some point.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Also I have been trying a few different things to get the RH up in my 1st tent. Hung wet towels that sucked. Bowels of water never again I hate gnats in my home. Trying wet sponges now and also ordered yellow insect traps LOL. I have no issues with RH in my 2nd tent it is always around 40 to 51 % and temps are 64 F lights off and 76-78 lights on. That is with only the soil in it right now. Oh also in tent 1 with the plants I had to raise my LED's to the top they were browning the leaf at 28" above canopy and only at 25%. That Spider Farmer light is actually nice considering I got an old model with no dimmer on it and my other light in that tent is a Vivosun that one seems to work well along side the SF. I should note I do rotate the plants around the tent every 2 to 3 days. And I gave the plants a little bit of compost tea from a friend and man they like stood straight up the next morning and have a really nice color to them I think, along with a reddish purple stems from me letting it get cooler at night, I wanted them to be more purple but don't want to push my luck with them. Was goin to ask could my homes floor be the reason for the low RH in tent one it is on a floor of ceramic tile, it is a cold floor, might look into a thick rug for under the tent if need to.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Sorry haven't had time for the pictures but, I started a few Auto seeds I got recently in germination. In only 2 days the seeds have popped there root. I will be placing them into solo cups to start them soon and will post pictures of that then but later today after I work on my car I will post the pix of my other plants. After the spider mites scare they seem to be doing very well. I had to raise my lights because it looked like the plants were getting burned by them but they are looking nice.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

These are the plants in tent 1 in my big room. I have a few autos that are in solo cups now in my 2nd tent in my small room. I think I am going to transplant the plants in tent 1 tomorrow if I have time to my bigger fabric bags with the soil that was cooking. It has been 2 weeks so it is ready to get some plants in it. Not to sure how long I have tell I need to flip the plants to 12/12 for bloom. I have actually for got how long they have in veg lol. You can see the leaves on the plants that have been heated by the led's, I will clip them off here in a day or so or maybe after I transplant them.

IMG 20220108 180612
IMG 20220108 180624
MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I am really hoping the tent in my small room stays right where it is with the temp at 68 - 72 and the rh at 44% when i have nothing but the autos in it. I placed the solo cups in a clone tray right now. I know seedlings are supposed to get higher RH but this is what I got for now to work with. I may try to insulate my tents somehow, don't know how yet though.

Top Bottom