First Medical Grow

• Thread starter Padrepuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ya ,them drivers outside the tent would drop them temps a little,im interested in what in the top of tent as far as how you have your exhaust fan filter setup,thats were you have more control of getting that heat out

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

ya ,them drivers outside the tent would drop them temps a little,im interested in what in the top of tent as far as how you have your exhaust fan filter setup,thats were you have more control of getting that heat out

Its 2ft. from the top of the tent. Also 13inches from the canopy of the girls.
The tube on top is 8" wide and pulls the air out with a fan pulling it into a phresh filter.
Any place that might have a possible seal problem was taped to keep it as tight a suction exhaust as possible.

20200121 124316
20200121 124951

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so your filter is
nt inside the tent,take a look how i have mine set up,now i run a cool tube,so from filter to one end of light ,air across bulb then out other end threw the tube out to exhaust fan mounted on top of tent

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Its 2ft. from the top of the tent. Also 13inches from the canopy of the girls.
The tube on top is 8" wide and pulls the air out with a fan pulling it into a phresh filter.
Any place that might have a possible seal problem was taped to keep it as tight a suction exhaust as possible.

View attachment 932413View attachment 932410View attachment 932412
im not understanding how you have this setup,are those adapters taped together and sucking inside air out of tent or is that a fan inside there?
you said you had a phresh filter were is it at?

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

so your filter isView attachment 932415View attachment 932414nt inside the tent,take a look how i have mine set up,now i run a cool tube,so from filter to one end of light ,air across bulb then out other end threw the tube out to exhaust fan mounted on top of tent

Oh no I have a vent at the bottom pulling air in through activated charcoal filters and on the top it goes from the 8inch vent to a 4 inch going up through the top of the tent and down the right side into the phresh filter.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh no I have a vent at the bottom pulling air in through activated charcoal filters and on the top it goes from the 8inch vent to a 4 inch going up through the top of the tent and down the right side into the phresh filter. View attachment 932420
why not put filter inside in top tent,run vent hose out tent and into fan pulling it all out into room or were you dump the air,pull out more heat,intake air come in bottom,heat gonna rise dig,then take the drivers and park them on top of tent,did you see how i got my filter running in top of tent,the problem i have is i just cant run mine threw anything but the room and if door stays closed the heat just recirculates,no other option,so for about 5 hours it recirculates room air,then the door comes open,my tent runs about 10 degree difrence than whats outside

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

for sure need to take those driver and put them outside the tent bro

On these I don't know if it's possible because you have to attach it to the top of the aluminum Quantum board to be able to run the light. If I was able to wouldn't it be to hot for the tent if not I'll try it. It seems Only a couple inches of slack left after connecting. This will be reflected in the cons of the light because Mars Hydro even agreed it should have had a fan because some overheat without one. Yet again cutting corners. Like I said though surprisingly the plants are going strong.
I do want a permanent veg tent set up so I believe @MIMedGrower, uses T5 as does @Farmer P , because they run cooler so I'll probably be looking into that.
I see what you mean about the filter that's definitely going to be done.
You'll see it on Friday's update.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

On these I don't know if it's possible because you have to attach it to the top of the aluminum Quantum board to be able to run the light. If I was able to wouldn't it be to hot for the tent if not I'll try it. It seems Only a couple inches of slack left after connecting. This will be reflected in the cons of the light because Mars Hydro even agreed it should have had a fan because some overheat without one. Yet again cutting corners. Like I said though surprisingly the plants are going strong.
I do want a permanent veg tent set up so I believe @MIMedGrower, uses T5 as does @Farmer P , because they run cooler so I'll probably be looking into that.
i built a top for my tent,just 1/4 plywood,nailed ends with 3/4 x3/4 ends that come across sides ,has a 19 inch hole one end and fan mounted to it on top,with muffler box i built for noise,even just laying a small piece wouldnt hurt,but i would sure put filter inside,the light should have a hanger were you can move when needed

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yes one of the big black kettle fans. I think it was Vivosun.
the fan and them driver going out of tent take a lot your heat away,im not sure about you light and drivers,but for sure would help a lot putting filter inside tent and fan outside,mine stays pretty warm,i also have a box built around mine to muffle it,run 6 in vent down along wall and to back door,id give it a try anyway,100 in your tent is gonna shut them down sooner or later they will still grow hot like that,but strain without co2

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think there may be an accessory cord available. Mars keeps saying the driver can be run outside the tent.

I would need the extra heat in my house 2/3 of the year. I even added 2 more t-5 tubes to my veg tent to keep it above 72 in winter.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

i built a top for my tent,just 1/4 plywood,nailed ends with 3/4 x3/4 ends that come across sides ,has a 19 inch hole one end and fan mounted to it on top,with muffler box i built for noise,even just laying a small piece wouldnt hurt,but i would sure put filter inside,the light should have a hanger were you can move when needed

Sounds like a plan brother

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I think there may be an accessory cord available. Mars keeps saying the driver can be run outside the tent.

I would need the extra heat in my house 2/3 of the year. I even added 2 more t-5 tubes to my veg tent to keep it above 72 in winter.

I'll definitely do that. So how many T5's do you run in veg and what wattage are they?
Here in the Southwest we get 50-60°F in the winter 20°F on a so called cold night and up to 100-112°F in the summer.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

the fan and them driver going out of tent take a lot your heat away,im not sure about you light and drivers,but for sure would help a lot putting filter inside tent and fan outside,mine stays pretty warm,i also have a box built around mine to muffle it,run 6 in vent down along wall and to back door,id give it a try anyway,100 in your tent is gonna shut them down sooner or later they will still grow hot like that,but strain without co2

The heat does not really have much heat coming from under the LED it is just intense coming from the drivers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'll definitely do that. So how many T5's do you run in veg and what wattage are they?
Here in the Southwest we get 50-60°F in the winter 20°F on a so called cold night and up to 100-112°F in the summer.

I have a 2’ 8 bulb unit and a 2’ 2 bulb in my 3x3. I think they are 24 watt t-5 ho 6500k ge bulbs.

I was going to try an hlg board but i have almost 250watts now and i would only really need half to equal the fluorescents.

I would need to run a heater during lights on and surely dont want to do that.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I have a 2’ 8 bulb unit and a 2’ 2 bulb in my 3x3. I think they are 24 watt t-5 ho 6500k ge bulbs.

I was going to try an hlg board but i have almost 250watts now and i would only really need half to equal the fluorescents.

I would need to run a heater during lights on and surely dont want to do that.

Thank you brother. I was thinking the heat gets so intense in spring and summer especially that a cool light solution would be best for continuous veg. Thank you again I'll start looking.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thank you brother. I was thinking the heat gets so intense in spring and summer especially that a cool light solution would be best for continuous veg. Thank you again I'll start looking.

Not sure what you are looking for. We have very different environments.

Top Bottom