First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

this plant has grown 4 inches since this time yesterday. She's growing out of control and I am running out of room fast. Today will be the last day of veg. I have no other choice. I've actually thought about sacrificing the smaller plant for the large 1 to have more room. I also saw a few pin holes that had very little light coming in the tent

Last edited:
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

20200912 154139
20200912 154152

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Can you put them more in opposite corners? I think it would make sense to trim and train and see if you can run both but I am sure there are people who will say just keep the one.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Can you put them more in opposite corners? I think it would make sense to trim and train and see if you can run both but I am sure there are people who will say just keep the one.
I was thinking about trimming it as well. but I have heard that it's not a good idea to trim them right before the flip

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You don't want to TOP them right before the flip, but you can trim branches and do some defoliating, at least for the sake of air movement and fitting the plants in there together.

If these were started from seed, DO NOT sacrifice either plant. When starting from seed, there will always be variability, even in inbred lines and F1 crosses of inbred lines. Unless a plant is sickly, never sacrifice — the one you kill could be the better one, or even the spectacular, one in a thousand plants.

Filled tents = good yield. Not per plant, necessarily, but per grow.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I just trimmed the larger one up really good. I removed a lot of lower foilage and a few large fan leaves that were blocking potential bud sites. It looks better in the tent. I'm going to give them a few days to heal before I flip. They were from seed feminized gorilla glue seeds from ilgm.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I just trimmed the larger one up really good. I removed a lot of lower foilage and a few large fan leaves that were blocking potential bud sites. It looks better in the tent. I'm going to give them a few days to heal before I flip. They were from seed feminized gorilla glue seeds from ilgm.
Good. You will figure it out man, I agree with the above. Keep both if you can!

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Good. You will figure it out man, I agree with the above. Keep both if you can!
I did figure out my problem. I need a bigger tent my next grow. 🤣🤣. What would be a good size for 2 plants. I would rather have the problem of my plants growing to good than not good enough.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This size tent could work fine for 2 plants. You just have to learn how to keep them a manageable size. There are a lot of things to consider:

• Shorter veg time.
  • Smaller final-sized pots
  • Strains that are known to be smaller in the first place.
  • Many methods of training, like low stress, super cropping, scrog, etc.
How long did you veg these? Try a week less next time.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

They sprouted on July 21st. My next grow will diffenietly be shorter. I had planned on doing the scrog method but my nets are tied up in the mail. 3 gallon pots probably would have been better in this tent. lessons learned

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think you could do 3g pots, veg a bit shorter, and you'd have no issues. As I kind of hinted a bit ago, these girls are just really thriving.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I think you could do 3g pots, veg a bit shorter, and you'd have no issues. As I kind of hinted a bit ago, these girls are just really thriving.
They are thriving only real issue I've had other than space is getting the ph level dialed in when making my water.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Crowded beats sparse. You're going to have a good harvest.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

scrog nets came in today. what do you guys think? I've never done it before
20200914 192119

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

What is the purpose of this? I have seen grows with it as well as those without. Any info would be much appreciated.
It helps the lower bud sites to get more light. also spreads the growth out. if I'm not mistaken. it also adds support to the plant when they bud

growsince79

growsince79

Way overcrowded. You probably should have flipped a couple weeks ago. Wouldn't hurt to get rid of some lower branches.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Way overcrowded. You probably should have flipped a couple weeks ago. Wouldn't hurt to get rid of some lower branches.
It is very crowded. I've removed most branches a foot up the plants. They are in darkness until 8am tomorrow. I will trim it up more after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom