First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I still want to know how that thing works and what it does...
there are fungi in it that use oxygen and produces co2 as a byproduct.i bought a small one. They make larger ones as well. I probably needed a larger one

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Is there any studies, papers or side by side comparisons i can view on this darkness benefits..
Here’s a good one. Sorry I am working. This article breaks it down about half way. I see quicker sexing, faster stretch, and faster bud onset. Just from my experience.

sorry I have no side by sides, just an article. Try for yourself and see if you see a difference. That’s the only way you will really be able to see if it’s true, or just bro science.
Haha

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks for that..i understand why now..also gave me an idea of what to do when the power goes off 👍

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

just got done feeding the ladies
20200907 071728
20200907 071735
20200907 071738
20200907 071749
20200907 071754

sambapati

sambapati

STL_rock_guy you will never go back once you unwrap the plants and take them to flower world, they are so relaxed and ready🙇‍♂️🥿🥿. 🙇‍♀️

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
fox farms dirty dozen. I'm also using dyna gro pro tekt and ph down. I will be flipping in 2 weeks and I'm going to try this 36 hours of darkness technique.
What has your runoff looked like? You will need to readjust pH strategy once you blend in bloom nutes, though I figure you have already been thinking about that.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

What has your runoff looked like? You will need to readjust pH strategy once you blend in bloom nutes, though I figure you have already been thinking about that.
I really don't check my runoff to be honest with you. I have not thought about my ph strategy. I've been keeping my water around 6.2-6.3. I'll read up on the different ph

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I really don't check my runoff to be honest with you. I have not thought about my ph strategy. I've been keeping my water around 6.2-6.3. I'll read up on the different ph
Okay, if you are running that much in your water, you really want to keep an eye on runoff as time goes on. Or at least at the first sign of trouble. I would worry about a buildup of pH down personally, since it's such strong stuff. Not saying don't use it, just saying it's good to keep an eye on it.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Okay, if you are running that much in your water, you really want to keep an eye on runoff as time goes on. Or at least at the first sign of trouble. I would worry about a buildup of pH down personally, since it's such strong stuff. Not saying don't use it, just saying it's good to keep an eye on it.
I'll be flushing this Thursday with sledgehammer. I'll start keeping an eye on my runoff. I really don't use a lot of ph down. The distilled water tests 7 and when I add ferts it normally drops to about 6. then I use some pro tekt to bring the ph up a little. I am adding it with a dropper at 5 drop intervals

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'll be flushing this Thursday with sledgehammer. I'll start keeping an eye on my runoff. I really don't use a lot of ph down. The distilled water tests 7 and when I add ferts it normally drops to about 6. then I use some pro tekt to bring the ph up a little. I am adding it with a dropper at 5 drop intervals
Fair enough. Buildups are one of those things that take people by surprise.

Any particular reason you're flushing? If your runoff is fine and you're not about to harvest, I can't imagine a reason I would want to.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Fair enough. Buildups are one of those things that take people by surprise.

Any particular reason you're flushing? If your runoff is fine and you're not about to harvest, I can't imagine a reason I would want to.
just going by the recommended schedule for fox farms. I think it has to do with salt buildup.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I probably don't need to flush since I've only been half the recommended dosage. I figure it won't hurt anything..

growsince79

growsince79

I probably don't need to flush since I've only been half the recommended dosage. I figure it won't hurt anything..
Always a good idea to check runoff ph. checking ppm is almost pointless since the cocoloco 2000 new and about 1500ppm first feed. not sure if it can ever be completely flushed.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It definitely stresses the plant to flush. If there is a problem, then that stress is worth it, but if there is no problem then don't solve anything imo.

Again, just watch the pH in runoff. If you have salt buildups, you will see it there. If your pH is fine, I would leave well enough alone.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

This little lady is really taking over. I will only be growing one in this tent the next grow
20200908 162318
20200908 162301

Latest posts

Top Bottom