First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fair enough. Learn something new I guess. Seems like it would be hard to balance if you had a problem. I suppose pH is all that's operative in terms of most problems....
With organics yup and the plants themselves.

growsince79

growsince79

Fair enough. Learn something new I guess. Seems like it would be hard to balance if you had a problem. I suppose pH is all that's operative in terms of most problems....
Its real tricky. Even harder now with the led. I might use promix next time. Cocoloco until last transplant maybe.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I've just been doing less is more method when it comes to feeding with fox farms. I've done half the recommended amount the whole grow. It's done well so far
Yeah man, in retrospect I was just wowed by the number. My ignorance.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Day 35 of flower. I'm pretty sure this is from lack of nitrogen in the first photo. Should I continue with the scheduled feedings? Fox farms says to keep feeding the whole time. I read about starting to flush the plants at week 6. This would be my last feeding if I started flushing at week 6
20201021 153951
20201021 154356
20201021 154428
20201021 154438
20201021 154442

Anthem

Anthem

A couple of things.
#1. The first picture with the fan leaf that is yellowing, please cut it off. Is is blocking a bud site in the picture.
#2. Day 35 of flower is the start of week 5, this is the time when the buds will start to really bulk up. Week 5 thru 7 are when the buds grow the most. I am not familiar with the fox farm line of nutrients but take a look at the first number on every bottle you are using. This is the percentage of Nitrogen in the solution. Something like Jacks is 2-3-5. Meaning it is 2 percent nitrogen. I use a like called Athena and in bloom it works out to 3.5-3-6. 3 1/2 percent nitrogen. What you are seeing is the plant starting to pull nitrogen (movable nutrient) out of the fan leaves to provide nutrients to the growing buds. It is a little early for that to begin. Try to add a small additional percentage of nitrogen to the next feed. I would probably go 1 to 1 1/2 percent. Only do it one time and see how the fan leaves react. If they just keep yellowing, try upping the percentage to like 2 1/2 percent. If they remain the same go up to 2 percent. If they get really dark green, stop using the additional nitrogen. There is a product call Verde by Humbolt Nutrients that is like 16 percent nitro this is what I use when this happens. Just use small amounts and slow increase if needed. You do not want to add too much because it will cause the plant to physically grow in height.

growsince79

growsince79

A couple of things.
#1. The first picture with the fan leaf that is yellowing, please cut it off. Is is blocking a bud site in the picture.
#2. Day 35 of flower is the start of week 5, this is the time when the buds will start to really bulk up. Week 5 thru 7 are when the buds grow the most. I am not familiar with the fox farm line of nutrients but take a look at the first number on every bottle you are using. This is the percentage of Nitrogen in the solution. Something like Jacks is 2-3-5. Meaning it is 2 percent nitrogen. I use a like called Athena and in bloom it works out to 3.5-3-6. 3 1/2 percent nitrogen. What you are seeing is the plant starting to pull nitrogen (movable nutrient) out of the fan leaves to provide nutrients to the growing buds. It is a little early for that to begin. Try to add a small additional percentage of nitrogen to the next feed. I would probably go 1 to 1 1/2 percent. Only do it one time and see how the fan leaves react. If they just keep yellowing, try upping the percentage to like 2 1/2 percent. If they remain the same go up to 2 percent. If they get really dark green, stop using the additional nitrogen. There is a product call Verde by Humbolt Nutrients that is like 16 percent nitro this is what I use when this happens. Just use small amounts and slow increase if needed. You do not want to add too much because it will cause the plant to physically grow in height.
Is that how the nute and seed companies count? I always thought week 1 starts when you flip the lights. So day 35 is the last day of week 5. Week 6 starts on day 36. I hear a lot of people saying add two weeks to whatever they say. So if its a 8 week strain it would be done in 3 weeks. IDK the only time I ever bought seeds they took longer than advertised.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Is that how the nute and seed companies count? I always thought week 1 starts when you flip the lights. So day 35 is the last day of week 5. Week 6 starts on day 36. I hear a lot of people saying add two weeks to whatever they say. So if its a 8 week strain it would be done in 3 weeks. IDK the only time I ever bought seeds they took longer than advertised.
You are right re: days and weeks from what I know. As to estimates on flowering time....that's debatable.

growsince79

growsince79

You are right re: days and weeks from what I know. As to estimates on flowering time....that's debatable.
Since I started using cocoloco it seems like everything takes longer to finish. I might get some promix and do a side by side with identical clones.
I have a couple now that just won't finish. Straight ph water for the last week. Runoff pH is 6.4 and 1400 ppm runoff. The plants are starving now.

Anthem

Anthem

100 percent operator error. End of week five.

growsince79

growsince79

A couple of things.
I agree with you on N, But I would not advise a new grower to mess with it at this point. Also I think all N is not the same. If I were to add this late in flower I would want nitrate N. No anamonic N.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

I agree with you on N, But I would not advise a new grower to mess with it at this point. Also I think all N is not the same. If I were to add this late in flower I would want nitrate N. No anamonic N.
28 days to do and the plant is already starting to eat the fan leaves should be addressed with some additional nitrogen. All 3 forms have advantages and disadvantages. Any of the 3 will keep the plant form eating itself too soon. So I would advise using either some additional Nitrogen or taking away a portion of the bloom nutrients and replacing with veg nutrients. New grower or old grower, the soon one learns to read the plant the better the results.

Top Bottom